Killie v Cowdenbeaths conquerors

Thekorean thinking that someone who bases the entirety of their life on their unwavering belief in Christianity can just stop ably demonstrates the understanding of religion that the VAST majority of these fucking scumbags actually possess.

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Rangers say that they will everything that they can to rid the club of sectarianism. Well one immediate thing that they can do is to lift the ban on Chris McLaughlin, which was put in place because he had the audacity to factually report that some Rangers fans were arrested (or thrown out, I can’t remember) for sectarian singing. An easy first step.

They'll do nothing of the sort.

They'll continue to play certain tunes prematch.

They'll continue to produce and sell merchandise plastered with the union jack and shite like 'WATP'.

They'll continue to have orange strips every few seasons.

They'll continue to allow certain flags to be displayed by fans.

They'll continue with sneaky insinuations about select individuals when things don't go their way.

They'll just continue on as before. Bigotry drives them and is huge business to them. Absolutely nothing will change.

27 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Rangers say that they will everything that they can to rid the club of sectarianism. 

Where's that? I've just been on their site (I feel SO dirty) and there's amazingly no statement or article about it. Anything I've read about their opinion is a general 'down with this sort of thing'. along with just mentioning sectarian abuse.  The SFA list sectarian singing amongst a few things they want to address and the Scottish Government have come out with something along the same lines.  They've really all just come out with the fully expected bland 'tut tut' approach.

Only Kilmarnock have tackled it head on and come out and said that sectarianism in all its forms must be ended once once and for all, the statement that Holyrood and Hampden should have been making but of course are too scared too.

2 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

OBFA acted like the bogeyman, put enough doubt in wee neds minds to behave themselves a bit better. It was a small piece of the puzzle but getting rid of it was carte blanche to enunciate The Billy Boys clearly, which has of course emboldened OF neds further in more serious areas.

Without wanting to turn this into a political debate, you’re giving the OBFA far too much credit here.

I don’t recall these types of incidents getting much better when the OBFA was in place. Mind Neil Lennon at Ibrox last season? The act gave the police to the power to arrest people for “offensive” behaviour (who the f**k defines what is and isn’t “offensive” by the way?), but in reality all that led to was fans of the diddy teams being lifted for next to f**k all while the police remained far too shit scared to arrest the hundreds of bigots at Ibrox and Parkhead.

I’ve no doubt that many of the politicians who drove the repeal of the act were simply doing so just to appeal to the utter dregs of society who vote for them, and there should have been something put in its place, but the reality is it achieved next to f**k all.

If you really want this issue fixed then you need a combination of the SPL/SPFL having the balls to ban fans and/or deduct points, the police having the balls to actually take some action against the scumbags and the authorities to target the actual sectarianism at the source. Unfortunately there’s about as much chance of that happening as there is of me scoring the winner for Scotland in a World Cup final.

8 hours ago, HibsFan said:

Rangers fans, when finally backed into a corner about their nakedly obvious sectarianism, will begin to start pulling out the performative "oh but you're allowed to call us h*ns?" shtick. It's absolutely pathetic, but that's what you're dealing with here. Strange how they called Celtic h*ns in the 1950s/60s, how sectarian of them.

Something that "rips my knitting" (to use an out of favour phrase) is Rangers fans justifying the use of The F Word on the basis that 1. It didn't originally mean Catholic or 2. "They use that word to describe themselves."  They are arseholes.  We all know that it is used as a term of abuse towards Catholics and is unjustifiable.

Sad to see you use the same form of argumentation.

9 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Something that "rips my knitting" (to use an out of favour phrase) is Rangers fans justifying the use of The F Word on the basis that 1. It didn't originally mean Catholic or 2. "They use that word to describe themselves."  They are arseholes.  We all know that it is used as a term of abuse towards Catholics and is unjustifiable.

Sad to see you use the same form of argumentation.

The difference is that '***' is used universally by fans of Scottish teams with a mostly Protestant background to describe Rangers fans. When the Jambos call you ****, what exactly is the basis for assuming that there's a sectarian component here?

It’s nothing like it. You can stop being Catholic or Protestant it hide it. You can’t hide being black, Asian whatever.
Has Steve Clarke ever come out and publicly stated that he is a Catholic? If not, then why would pretending not to be a Catholic (if he even is one) make him any less likely to suffer anti-Catholic racism?

3 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

OBFA acted like the bogeyman, put enough doubt in wee neds minds to behave themselves a bit better. It was a small piece of the puzzle but getting rid of it was carte blanche to enunciate The Billy Boys clearly, which has of course emboldened OF neds further in more serious areas.

You'd often see songs being started and then fading away when it got to the offensive bit, as you said they weren't bold enough to sing those bits.

The offensive behaviour bill wasn't as bad as some made it out to be.

30 minutes ago, craigkillie said:
2 hours ago, thekorean said:
It’s nothing like it. You can stop being Catholic or Protestant it hide it. You can’t hide being black, Asian whatever.

Has Steve Clarke ever come out and publicly stated that he is a Catholic? If not, then why would pretending not to be a Catholic (if he even is one) make him any less likely to suffer anti-Catholic racism?

Why they were calling him ****** b*****d to begin with is beyond me.

4 minutes ago, davied85 said:

Shut this thread down please mods, rangers must have won.only way there can be pages and page with nothing to do with the football. take al the al the sectarian pish to a relevant thread.

Shut the debate down. 

NAE. FUCKING. DOUBT.

I'm pretty sure that video has been sped up to make it seem like the elbow is thrown with more force than it was.

I wouldn't take that video as gospel.

Reasons why I think it is altered:
The voiceover feels like it is slightly too fast
That is off a tv broadcast but the version going about is someone recording it off a phone.

giphy.gif

Should be debating on if Alfredo morelos is going to be a superstar but not one post about his exploits last night.if he lashed out then we would have 10 pages on big bad Alfredo.

So just to be clear, you don’t think sectarianism is an issue and you think we should stop discussing it immediately?

No.i am saying if Kilmarnock had won then nothing about sectarianism would have came up.
Well you can neither prove that, nor back it up with anything remotely close to evidence.

But since in your world, Steve Clarkes concerns about sectarian abuse and the environment in which his kids grow up in would simply disappear with a Kilmarnock win in a football match, your opinion can safely be regarded as absolute shite, and your good self a fucking moron along with it.

Archived