Ross County vs Alloa Athletic

2 hours ago, Waspie said:

Any win will do from an Alloa point of view too. County are very tough opponents but we can be positive on the back of a 6 match unbeaten league run, indeed it would have been 7 but for County's late winner at the Recs at the start of December. Have a wee concern at possible hangover from the disappointment of losing a game we should have won in Paisley last week, but this group have shown their ability to bounce back before and I'm sure they will put it behind them. Will help too that we can bring the two key men who missed that game back into the squad. 

I am expecting a tough game against a good side but my fingers are crossed that we continue with the momentum from the Motherwell win and hopefully get a really good win. We shall see though! Alloa have definitely surprised me this season and are not an easy 3 points for us as i thought they might have been back at the start.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alloa tend to give us a lot more problems down at Recreation Park than in Dingwall. I'm optimistic we can get the three points today with us actually able to put out a functioning defence.

43 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Alloa tend to give us a lot more problems down at Recreation Park than in Dingwall. I'm optimistic we can get the three points today with us actually able to put out a functioning defence.

I'm optimistic for a good win today too, hopefully the team won't be changed too much from what worked very well against Motherwell and Graham can continue to get on the end of things. A few early goals would be nice to settle  the nerves as Alloa have been a very tough nut to crack this season and will be well organised. 

Another crack at today's team:

Parry

Taggart - Graham - Roscoe - Dick

Hetherington - Flannigan

Cawley - Trouten - Kirkpatrick

Zanatta

But  how do you pick the XI? Unlike last week we have a lot of depth in the midfield and forward areas and you could easily pick  Shields, Robertson and the two young Jack's will be dying to make their mark too. I'd be tempted to play Hamilton to test his mettle because Zanatta was bullied in the last game against Ross County but I think Jim will keep faith in the boys that have been in good form.

2 hours ago, BuieCounty said:

I'm optimistic for a good win today too, hopefully the team won't be changed too much from what worked very well against Motherwell and Graham can continue to get on the end of things. A few early goals would be nice to settle  the nerves as Alloa have been a very tough nut to crack this season and will be well organised. 

I'd be VERY surprised if County got an early couple of goals, a clean sheet and a winner in the last 10 minutes would make me happy.

I'm expecting a very tough game against the form team in the league atm. 

3 hours ago, frankthetank22 said:

No snow, don't think there ever was in Dingwall anyway. Plenty of rain though!

Ahh well thats a bit of good news then! Hope its a good game if you're going and we are happy come 5pm! Cheers

17 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

I'd be VERY surprised if County got an early couple of goals, a clean sheet and a winner in the last 10 minutes would make me happy.

I'm expecting a very tough game against the form team in the league atm. 

I wouldn't be surprised but more pleased that we've clicked into gear again. 

After all it has to happen soon if we want to win the title.

Will be tough against a good Alloa team but i'm predicting/hoping that county play well today and get a good win rather than a scrappy late show because they're not good for anyones blood pressure!

Looking forward to seeing what happens anyway because lets face it anything can in this league!

35 minutes ago, sanny said:

Ross County 0 Alloa 1.    Trouten 97th minute.       #believe

97th minute!? Everyone will be wanting to get home for their dinner by that ungodly hour

Whatever happens will hopefully be concluded well before then haha

I uh, lost my wallet, had to go back to Conon and have just found it. I'll be missing a 7-6 to County game of the season now. 

Archived