Aberdeen v Killie 26/1/19

6 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

He’s actually not a bad pundit when he abandons his tabloid act of trolling Aberdeen and Celtic fans.

His trolling articles have got so ridiculous, certainly towards us, that I now find them more funny than annoying. I do find it baffling that he seems to have such a problem with us.

I don’t have any problem with him as a player, decent goal scorer but like others, I don’t think he ever lived up to his potential.

Does he actually troll Celtic that often?

Aberdeen and to an extent Hearts seem to be his main targets.  Maybe he feels more comfortable having a go at the east coast clubs from afar.

Shinnie's proven him wrong a few times now, and with the one win in 22 matches record, maybe it all got a bit too much for Boyd and led to that coward's challenge on Saturday.

As for the game in general - I knew driving in when they mentioned it being a cracker, that the opposite would transpire.  Both teams' relative success is based on being well-organised - and as much as AFC had the better of what chances there were, I still thought our own priority was safety first as well, as it was clear we were treating Kilmarnock with far more respect than we normally would for this fixture.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

He was only there for 4 years and then he moved to England when he was still only 26/27. It didn't work out for him in England, but he definitely tried.

You could easily make the same argument about Shinnie. He moved on from Inverness to Aberdeen but hasn't kicked on to play at a higher level despite potentially being good enough to do so.

Awful bait. Wow.

21 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

What's the difference?

One is a player who gives 100% every single week making himself undroppable. Forced himself into the Scotland squad at centre midfield when it's long been said he wasn't good enough.

The other was dropped for any fixtures at his peak when facing opponents of similar or higher calibre because he was a waste of a jersey.

As I said if he applied himself better when at the **** then he could have been so much more.

2 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Awful bait. Wow.

This boils my piss ... just because you have an alternative view to someone , it seems that you are trolling nowadays , it must be this soshul meeja generation .

Previously it was called a discussion or an argument between adults debating their point of view . Just because I defend , for instance Kris Boyds right to give or have  an opinion or attack Shinnie/Gerard’s/Brenda’s etc opinion or action  doesn’t make me a troll . Neither does a sarcastic ,droll or funny reply .

IMO it’s a reply used usually when the proposer is losing the argument or can’t think of a sufficient retort that encapsulates their thoughts. 

15 minutes ago, kennysmassiveego said:

This boils my piss ... just because you have an alternative view to someone , it seems that you are trolling nowadays , it must be this soshul meeja generation .

Previously it was called a discussion or an argument between adults debating their point of view . Just because I defend , for instance Kris Boyds right to give or have  an opinion or attack Shinnie/Gerard’s/Brenda’s etc opinion or action  doesn’t make me a troll . Neither does a sarcastic ,droll or funny reply .

IMO it’s a reply used usually when the proposer is losing the argument or can’t think of a sufficient retort that encapsulates their thoughts. 

If that boils your piss then I suggest you've got issues. It's words on the internet.

The boy used an awful example of a comparison that I assumed he was trying to get a reaction. There have been loads of players through the door at Pittodrie he could have used.

32 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

If that boils your piss then I suggest you've got issues. It's words on the internet.

The boy used an awful example of a comparison that I assumed he was trying to get a reaction. There have been loads of players through the door at Pittodrie he could have used.

Who else has passed through Aberdeen then that’s got as many goals or caps than Boyd , or been as successful at 2 jobs ? 

And boils my piss is a turn of phrase as you said just words , I’d be visiting a urologist otherwise.

As for your assertion that Boyd was dropped “ at his peak “ you do of course have evidence for this statement, ie you asked the manager why this happened , and not media speculation . Better players than Boyd have been dropped at their peak , Paul Pogba , Ozil , Sanchez , Morata to name but a few 

Not going to post the whole thing, as it's very long, but:

No-one is obliged to like Kris Boyd, and you get the feeling it might tick him off if they did: he relishes the boos from opposition fans almost as much as he does scoring against their teams. You don’t even have to respect him, read his columns or watch him on television.

Booing Boyd is a noble tradition at many Scottish grounds, and there's no reason that shouldn't continue for as long as he's still pulling on his boots.

It’s surely undeniable though that he’s an entertaining and essential part of the Scottish football furniture, and our game would be poorer place without his presence.

Long live Tarbolton's most famous pie enthusiast.

2 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

One is a player who gives 100% every single week making himself undroppable. Forced himself into the Scotland squad at centre midfield when it's long been said he wasn't good enough.

The other was dropped for any fixtures at his peak when facing opponents of similar or higher calibre because he was a waste of a jersey.

As I said if he applied himself better when at the **** then he could have been so much more.

Boyd gave 100% every single time he stepped on the park for Rangers as well, and played over 40 games for them in every full season he was there despite a lot of competition for his position. Boyd forced himself into the Scotland team and scored goals in crucial qualifiers against Lithuania and Georgia. He was dropped for some games against Celtic and some European matches because he wasn't suited to the system they played at the time, and because fundamentally he wasn't good enough as a player, just like Shinnie isn't good enough to be picked ahead of McGregor or Armstrong for Scotland regardless of how hard he tries. He could have given 400% and he still wouldn't have been up to that level in those big games.

The idea that boyhood Rangers fan Kris Boyd didn't apply himself or give 100% for them is quite obviously nonsense. If that was the case, then it's unlikely he'd be so popular amongst their support, or that he would have lasted so long under the management of a hard-nosed manager like Walter Smith.

The main thing that you have criticised Boyd for, staying in the Scottish Premiership until his mid 20s, applies to Shinnie too. Both of them are guys who left the "smaller" clubs where they started out to move to their boyhood heroes, and then hung around at that club for a bit longer than they necessarily needed to. You are building your arguments based on your dislike of Boyd rather the cold hard facts about his career.

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Boyd gave 100% every single time he stepped on the park for Rangers as well, and played over 40 games for them in every full season he was there despite a lot of competition for his position. Boyd forced himself into the Scotland team and scored goals in crucial qualifiers against Lithuania and Georgia. He was dropped for some games against Celtic and some European matches because he wasn't suited to the system they played at the time, and because fundamentally he wasn't good enough as a player. He could have given 400% and he still wouldn't have been up to that level in those big games.

The idea that boyhood Rangers fan Kris Boyd didn't apply himself or give 100% for them is quite obviously nonsense. If that was the case, then it's unlikely he'd be so popular amongst their support, or that he would have lasted so long under the management of a hard-nosed manager like Walter Smith.

The main thing that you have criticised Boyd for, staying in the Scottish Premiership until his mid 20s, applies to Shinnie too. Both of them are guys who left the "smaller" clubs where they started out to move to their boyhood heroes, and then hung around at that club for a bit longer than they necessarily needed to. You are building your arguments based on your dislike of Boyd rather the cold hard facts about his career.

Shame that didn't apply to his season at Sevco.

1 hour ago, Coooombe said:
1 hour ago, C4mmy31 said:
We've decided to appeal Boyd's red card with a fast track hearing scheduled for later this week.....

Waste of time, it's never going to be overturned.

This season there is absolutely no way that you can predict what the appeal panel will do. They should throw out the appeal, but who knows?

23 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Boyd gave 100% every single time he stepped on the park for Rangers as well, and played over 40 games for them in every full season he was there despite a lot of competition for his position. Boyd forced himself into the Scotland team and scored goals in crucial qualifiers against Lithuania and Georgia. He was dropped for some games against Celtic and some European matches because he wasn't suited to the system they played at the time, and because fundamentally he wasn't good enough as a player, just like Shinnie isn't good enough to be picked ahead of McGregor or Armstrong for Scotland regardless of how hard he tries. He could have given 400% and he still wouldn't have been up to that level in those big games.

Shinnie doesn't have the natural talent in his position that Boys had in his. Shinnie has found his level. Could play in the English championship easily in my opinion, but I'd imagine he's seen as too short.

I'd imagine any boyhood Rangers who scored the amount of goals he did would be loved. Pretty daft point to make. 

How I feel about Boyd has nothing to do with it. Shinnie isn't a Don's fan either.

57 minutes ago, kennysmassiveego said:

Who else has passed through Aberdeen then that’s got as many goals or caps than Boyd , or been as successful at 2 jobs ? 

And boils my piss is a turn of phrase as you said just words , I’d be visiting a urologist otherwise.

As for your assertion that Boyd was dropped “ at his peak “ you do of course have evidence for this statement, ie you asked the manager why this happened , and not media speculation . Better players than Boyd have been dropped at their peak , Paul Pogba , Ozil , Sanchez , Morata to name but a few 

Niall McGinn, restaurant owner and Northern Ireland hall of fame.

I think it's fairly obvious why Boyd rarely played v Celtic or started any games during the UEFA cup run.

5 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Shinnie doesn't have the natural talent in his position that Boys had in his. Shinnie has found his level. Could play in the English championship easily in my opinion, but I'd imagine he's seen as too short.

I'd imagine any boyhood Rangers who scored the amount of goals he did would be loved. Pretty daft point to make. 

How I feel about Boyd has nothing to do with it. Shinnie isn't a Don's fan either.

I think you'll find that's a load of shite. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
5 hours ago, tarapoa said:

Does he actually troll Celtic that often?

Boyd doesn't criticise Celtic at all. He's too much of  coward for that....2 cheeks etc etc....plus the fact that he probably values his windows.

It's much easier for him to make his name being 'controversial' about easier targets. 

Did some nutcase on here describe him as being 'succesful at 2 jobs', just because he pulls on  a check suit and is told to say a few daft things from time to time ?

Lol. Hahahahaha. 

There have always been a few Kille wallopers kicking about social media, but they've excelled themselves on  this thread. It's become Fermer-esque. 

Archived