Dunfermline vs Ross County - 2nd February

4 hours ago, dingdong1929 said:

Our budget is not bigger than Utd's by some distance.

You have absolutely no way of knowing this. 

The players you mentioned might not have been as big a priority for you than United so you might not have offered them as big a contract, who knows. 

McManus and Morris nearly doubled there annual salary moving up north, I'm not sure who will be bigger between you and United but I doubt there's much in it tbh. 

37 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Oh Christ, you've reminded me that we'll get booing of McManus followed by seething when he inevitably scores.

Even playing against ten men McManus still didn't score against us, not that fussed by him tbh. I'm not sure I would've bothered offering him a new contract last season so wasn't fussed when he went. We badly miss Morris though, him, Aird and Clark are our biggest misses from last season. 

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

The players you mentioned might not have been as big a priority for you than United so you might not have offered them as big a contract, who knows. 

McManus and Morris nearly doubled there annual salary moving up north, I'm not sure who will be bigger between you and United but I doubt there's much in it tbh. 

Well Grant228, as a fan of Dungfermline please do educate us on the financial position of our club...

53 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

We badly miss Morris though

We've conceded about the same amount of goals this season as we did last season. I'd rather have Morris than Durnan or Devine but no chance he's a bigger loss than Nicky Clark.

41 minutes ago, StoneThrowAway said:

Well Grant228, as a fan of Dungfermline please do educate us on the financial position of our club...

Ooft, you've taken that well.

6 hours ago, Adam101 said:

I would have thought that the parachute payment you get has been investined in the first team rather than adjusting to life in the league below and would probably mean you have the biggest budget by some distance.

Dundee United have the most over-21s in the whole SPFL*, and they have out-bid County for a couple of players.  On the balance of probabilities County don’t have the biggest budget by some distance.

*source from Narey’s Toepoker on Twitter.

Yoda, you wouldn’t believe how much more sharp VdW looked against Alloa.  Still not Roberto Carlos but better.  I think he’ll be needed there anyway, Kelly looked injured on Saturday again and Stelios is offski apparently.

2 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

Dundee United have the most over-21s in the whole SPFL*, and they have out-bid County for a couple of players.  On the balance of probabilities County don’t have the biggest budget by some distance.

Yoda, you wouldn’t believe how much more sharp VdW looked against Alloa.  Still not Roberto Carlos but better.  I think he’ll be needed there anyway, Kelly looked injured on Saturday again and Stelios is offski apparently.

Im pretty sure Vigurs was wanted by Dundee United and ended up with you guys so its just who is a priority signing for each team. If Dundee United have more money than County I would be surprised as they no longer have the parachute payment and have a bigger stadium to maintain.

Has Lewis Spence played much for you guys thought he was always on the verge of breaking into our team but much like Byrne he needed a move to really progress. 

Signed for Macclesfield. Strange one. Guess there’s a family issue, because he was the best left back at the club. Very low bar, that, mind you.

20 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

Im pretty sure Vigurs was wanted by Dundee United and ended up with you guys so its just who is a priority signing for each team. If Dundee United have more money than County I would be surprised as they no longer have the parachute payment and have a bigger stadium to maintain.

Has Lewis Spence played much for you guys thought he was always on the verge of breaking into our team but much like Byrne he needed a move to really progress. 

Vigurs is long settled in Dingwall and is good pals with the managers.  He’s on record saying he was going to sign for Inverness again until Kettlewell knocked on his door.

Spence has played 3/3 since joining. He’s not a cut above what’s already there but has slotted in without a problem.

20 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Who generally plays out wide right for Dunfermline, Higginbotham? He's not that quick so I wouldn't be massively worried about him skinning Kenny for pace, though I would like him to try and start on him.

2 hours ago, Comrie said:

Who generally plays out wide right for Dunfermline, Higginbotham? He's not that quick so I wouldn't be massively worried about him skinning Kenny for pace, though I would like him to try and start on him.

Yeah, if Higginbotham loses the plot after a wee shove from Stelios, he's going to go absolutely nuts after meeting KVDW.  Has Higginbotham lost the plot since that?  I was googling him just to make sure I wasn't getting the player wrong, but as it turns out he went batshit mental on Gardyne a while back as well.  

3 hours ago, dingdong1929 said:

A guy who has regular dealings with players past and present said it, have absolutely no reason to doubt him. 

2 hours ago, Comrie said:

We didn't have anyone wide right last week, played a 4312, before that we were playing a 433 with Higginbothom on the left. 

Not sure what we'll be playing if I'm being honest, we're likely to keep our midfield three of Beadling, Thomson and Vincent, and our defence is unlikely to be changed, the remaining three players could be anyone though, Higginbothom is the most likely to start having played well behind the strikers last week, however our two strikers were very poor and it's been a problem area all season. Wouldn't be surprised if Hyppo and Muirhead started up top? Or it could be a 433 again. 

I can't see this being a high scoring game, under 2.5 goals seems safe. 

25 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

A guy who has regular dealings with players past and present said it, have absolutely no reason to doubt him. 

We didn't have anyone wide right last week, played a 4312, before that we were playing a 433 with Higginbothom on the left. 

Not sure what we'll be playing if I'm being honest, we're likely to keep our midfield three of Beadling, Thomson and Vincent, and our defence is unlikely to be changed, the remaining three players could be anyone though, Higginbothom is the most likely to start having played well behind the strikers last week, however our two strikers were very poor and it's been a problem area all season. Wouldn't be surprised if Hyppo and Muirhead started up top? Or it could be a 433 again. 

Aye, similar.

We've only been under 2.5 goal once in our last 5 games, but 4 in our last 9 games.  So I agree its unlikely to be a high-scoring game.

For all that our defence has been pretty ropey (mainly because of constant personnel changes enforced by injuries) we do tend to keep the ball and not concede too much, odd debacle aside.
But despite keeping the ball, we dont create very much, and have been pretty dull for a lot of this season to be honest, odd freak-show aside.

Still hopeful it'll be fucking sparkling on Saturday!

Quite looking forward to seeing Muirhead, always liked him as a younger player.  I've been lazy and not kept up though, is he that poor for you guys? Look unfit and a work in progress, or just another player not meeting his promise/over-rated as a kid?

9 minutes ago, dingdong1929 said:

Quite looking forward to seeing Muirhead, always liked him as a younger player.  I've been lazy and not kept up though, is he that poor for you guys? Look unfit and a work in progress, or just another player not meeting his promise/over-rated as a kid?

He's not played that much, scores allot in reserves. We seem pretty certain that he's a left winger which I'm not as sure about. I think he could be an asset but I have the feeling he might have a bit of an attitude. 

14 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

He's not played that much, scores allot in reserves. We seem pretty certain that he's a left winger which I'm not as sure about. I think he could be an asset but I have the feeling he might have a bit of an attitude. 

Always thought of him as better through the middle??
Having that said, we've had Ross Stewart and Billy McKay both play wide left this season, so clearly it's something centre-forwards can do....

We've got an under-par/injury carrying Marcus Fraser at right back just now, who I think will play on Saturday?
Be interesting to see how Fraser does against Muirhead if he does play left wing.
But that said, don't think either team has a clue how they'll line up on Saturday!
Find out in a few long days :whistle

2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

@DA Baracus

Hyppo and Higginbothom who are these guys?

Archived