Rangers vs St Mirren 2nd February

20 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

But, but, everybody in the media hates Rangers (not that you care, obviously) so what you’re implying is that they will decide that all decisions in favour of Rangers were wrong. Not that you watch or listen to the BBC, of course.

You don't need to be Nostradamus to figure out how it'll go....

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

It’s all going to be fine, these things even themselves out over a season. 

I look forward to Dallas awarding us 4 penalties in one of our games from now until the end of the season. 

It could be a long wait.

We had Coulibaly booted off the park in our first game against St Mirren and nobody booked / red carded. He’s never been the same since

McCrorie sent off in that game

Candieas sent off in the game in a Paisley. Utterly bizarre decision.

A penalty turned down yesterday 

Yesterday we were awarded two penalties wrongly and one contentious 

Looks to me like both clubs have had some pretty dreadful decisions against them this season 

28 minutes ago, BobWilliamson said:

We had Coulibaly booted off the park in our first game against St Mirren and nobody booked / red carded. He’s never been the same since

Looks to me like both clubs have had some pretty dreadful decisions against them this season 

McGinn was booked for a challenge on Coulibaly that first game. McCrorie was correctly sent off - see the Ajer decision today. It amazes how often McCrorie gets caught out any time I've seen him he has always looked a poor player, including yesterday. Candeias was bizarre, however he should never have got involved. Blame Candeias, not the referee, considering he was only on the park for the final 10 mins.

Yesterday was a whole other level of incompetence.  

37 minutes ago, BobWilliamson said:

You are aware that slippy G did appear on live tv after the Aberdeen game at the start of the season, and tell the world that there was a conspiracy by Scottish refs against the Rangers. 

The game is fucked especially when clowns like Gerrard come out with paranoid shite like everyone’s against us. 

What would happen if those penalty decisions went against Rangers, in say the next old firm match . You telling me that the Rangers would accept it with grace and dignity and then just move on.

12 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

McGinn was booked for a challenge on Coulibaly that first game. McCrorie was correctly sent off - see the Ajer decision today. It amazes how often McCrorie gets caught out any time I've seen him he has always looked a poor player, including yesterday. Candeias was bizarre, however he should never have got involved. Blame Candeias, not the referee, considering he was only on the park for the final 10 mins.

Yesterday was a whole other level of incompetence.  

Wow, just wow.....

55 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

You are aware that slippy G did appear on live tv after the Aberdeen game at the start of the season, and tell the world that there was a conspiracy by Scottish refs against the Rangers. 

The game is fucked especially when clowns like Gerrard come out with paranoid shite like everyone’s against us. 

What would happen if those penalty decisions went against Rangers, in say the next old firm match . You telling me that the Rangers would accept it with grace and dignity and then just move on.

Celtic won first Old Firm of the season 1-0 . The goal came after a clear foul on Jack (if I remember correctly)

Last Old Firm game Callum McGregor prevents a goal with a hand ball. Nothing given. Very little if any fuss made about it 

Only last midweek Rangers had three dreadful penalty decisions all go against them. Very little if anything said about them 

As I said earlier the standard of officiating in this country is as poor as I can ever remember it. VAR is a must! 

No Scottish referee is ever going to give four penalties in one game against The Rangers (or Celtic for that matter), even if they're absolute stonewallers. Deep down, we all know that if it had been the other way round, St. Mirren wouldn't have got those decisions going their way, especially not at Ibrox.

4 hours ago, craigkillie said:

The handball was clearly deliberate, that surely isn't in doubt. He raises his arm above his head and out to the side of his body.

The first offence occurs when the ball hits his hand, and it is absolutely clear that the ball was outside the box at the first point of contact. The question being asked is about whether, if the ball continues to be in contact with his hand inside the box, it would be a penalty.  My post said that in such a scenario it would be a penalty - I didn't pass any judgement on whether that applied in this particular scenario. It is clear that the ball definitely makes contact with Tansey again inside the box after the original handball, but it isn't clear whether that was with his hand.

Comments from ex-ref Steve Conroy:

”People seem to think the debate here is inside or outside the box. For me, that’s irrelevant. It’s not even a handball offence.

The defender doesn’t have his arms in an unnatural position and, far from making himself bigger, he’s actually trying to get smaller. It’s not a deliberate handball, it’s the assistant’s call, not the ref’s. Even if he does think it’s a handball, you have to be utterly convinced it’s in the box there to give it, and I don’t see how he can be.

49 minutes ago, captainkev said:

No Scottish referee is ever going to give four penalties in one game against The Rangers (or Celtic for that matter), even if they're absolute stonewallers. Deep down, we all know that if it had been the other way round, St. Mirren wouldn't have got those decisions going their way, especially not at Ibrox.

Only last week a Scottish Referee gave three penalty decisions in one game all against Rangers. Actually four decisions if you want to include the Cowdenbeath player clearly encroaching the penalty area for his goal

FFS we didn’t have to look too far back to disprove that nonsense 

1 minute ago, BobWilliamson said:

Only last week a Scottish Referee gave three penalty decisions in one game all against Rangers. Actually four decisions if you want to include the Cowdenbeath player clearly encroaching the penalty area for his goal

FFS we didn’t have to look too far back to disprove that nonsense 

You don’t half talk some nonsense. 

5 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Comments from ex-ref Steve Conroy:

”People seem to think the debate here is inside or outside the box. For me, that’s irrelevant. It’s not even a handball offence.

The defender doesn’t have his arms in an unnatural position and, far from making himself bigger, he’s actually trying to get smaller. It’s not a deliberate handball, it’s the assistant’s call, not the ref’s. Even if he does think it’s a handball, you have to be utterly convinced it’s in the box there to give it, and I don’t see how he can be.

Steve Conroy :lol:

The same Stevie Bhoy who was on the radio declaring his undying love for Celtic a couple of weeks ago? 

1 hour ago, BobWilliamson said:

Celtic won first Old Firm of the season 1-0 . The goal came after a clear foul on Jack (if I remember correctly)

Last Old Firm game Callum McGregor prevents a goal with a hand ball. Nothing given. Very little if any fuss made about it 

Only last midweek Rangers had three dreadful penalty decisions all go against them. Very little if anything said about them 

As I said earlier the standard of officiating in this country is as poor as I can ever remember it. VAR is a must! 

VAR wouldn't improve anything, seeing as the exact same refs would still be making the decisions.

Just now, Bobby_F said:

You don’t half talk some nonsense. 

Really? 

Did you see the game?

When you have Chris Sutton agreeing the referee got all three penalties decisions badly wrong you can be assured they were.

Hand ball and Davis penalty are clearer penalties than Rangers first yesterday. Absolute stonewaller s 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

VAR wouldn't improve anything, seeing as the exact same refs would still be making the decisions.

I agree to an extent. Some decisions are all about opinion such as the handball at Rangers 3rd.

The huge plus though is they have a chance to see it again and have a chance to correct obvious mistakes such as Rangers 2nd and  4th penalties

I agree to an extent. Some decisions are all about opinion such as the handball at Rangers 3rd.
The huge plus though is they have a chance to see it again and have a chance to correct obvious mistakes such as Rangers 2nd and  4th penalties

I’ll send you a private pm if there’s anymore of your nonsense

22 minutes ago, BobWilliamson said:

The 3rd is outside the box . Not even Mason Boyne could have given it after reviewing it on VAR.

Archived