Dundee United v Greenock Morton 02/02/2019

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

This might need reviewing...

Absolutely, though in all seriousness I don’t imagine he will want to play too many of the new signings until there’s been a bit of ‘getting-to-know-you’ amongst the players.

Benji

Seaman Bouhenna Connolly (c) Booth

Pawlett Butcher Stanton Smith/Nesbitt

Safranko Clark

Some very good signings have brought some real positivity back to the supporters and I hope our attendance reflects this although I feel it may be the end of the season before the numbers go up assuming we are challenging at the top.

Really hope now that we have more attacking options Neilson ditches the isolated striker approach. Get Clark in the box where he does his best work, Sow not long back from injury and has been mainly a sub for MK Dons so maybe a week or 2 before he is ready to start.

Would really love to see us come flying out of the traps from the first whistle and show that we mean business but with so many new faces it will take time for the team to gel and I would quite happily take any form of victory on Saturday.

FT 0:1 :bairn

On ‎29‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 09:37, Ralphies_Chip said:

i've only missed 2 games this season.

This one will be the third, for no other reason than I really, really cannot be arsed. I'm sick to my back teeth sitting in the freezing cauld watching these useless, heartless shitebags disgrace this once proud club.

I'd rather shave my balls with a blow torch.

In case you're wondering, i'm out. 

I've decided to end my boycott.

With the signings we've made the result is a formality.

0-1 Morton

Just now, Twinkle said:
46 minutes ago, Ralphies_Chip said:
I've decided to end my boycott.
With the signings we've made the result is a formality.
0-1 Morton

Good that you stuck to your guns mate..

I'd have f**k all to moan about if I didn't go, so...

2 hours ago, skinny arab said:

Benji

Seaman Bouhenna Connolly (c) Booth

Pawlett Butcher Stanton Smith/Nesbitt

Safranko Clark

Some very good signings have brought some real positivity back to the supporters and I hope our attendance reflects this although I feel it may be the end of the season before the numbers go up assuming we are challenging at the top.

Really hope now that we have more attacking options Neilson ditches the isolated striker approach. Get Clark in the box where he does his best work, Sow not long back from injury and has been mainly a sub for MK Dons so maybe a week or 2 before he is ready to start.

Would really love to see us come flying out of the traps from the first whistle and show that we mean business but with so many new faces it will take time for the team to gel and I would quite happily take any form of victory on Saturday.

FT 0:1 :bairn

We will most likely have 2 guys making their debuts ( Kilite and O'Connell) , 2 who have only played 1 game for us. ( McCrorie  and Dallas) and 1 who will potentially make  only his 3rd start ( Dykes)

No idea how we will line up tomorrow but we  will be in a very similar situation to you guys around new team etc.

Will the game be on? On the pictures of Sow on the official, the pitch looks frozen solid. Not sure how long the undersoil heating takes to kick in or if we even use it these days?

Maybe not a bad thing if it is postponed, give the new players a bit more time to train together?

58 minutes ago, Ralphies_Chip said:

Will the game be on? On the pictures of Sow on the official, the pitch looks frozen solid. Not sure how long the undersoil heating takes to kick in or if we even use it these days?

Maybe not a bad thing if it is postponed, give the new players a bit more time to train together?

Sounds like a plan. Bring on #Frozengate

_82943198_frozen-movie-elsa-hd-wallpaper-21.jpg

1 hour ago, Ralphies_Chip said:

Don’t jinx it.  I haven’t been this excited since the Armistice.

Hope Kiltie starts on the left of a midfield four, Tidser one inside... but it’s anybody’s guess how we’ll line up. Always felt Johansson fancies a 4-4-2, but it might be Ayr at home before we see that.

However we line up, there needs to be some signs of improvement now that he’s been able add to the squad. The next two months will determine whether he’s here next season or not...

Mon. The. Fuckin. Ton.

1 hour ago, Alert Mongoose said:

9500 tickets sold already. Could be a decent crowd. 

If that is accurate for today that would ccertainly be an excellent crowd for the game, hopefully that is the case.

I guess the optimism after an excellent looking window and deadline day transfer activity has hopefully encouraged those who would otherwise not have to attend.

Archived