The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

2 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Five for Thistle as I type and Cove 2 up so we look certain to have a play off place.

I assume that your certainty is based on Montrose having little chance of winning their remaining games.  I'm too pessimistic to share your optimism.

10 hours ago, stuartcraig said:

I assume that your certainty is based on Montrose having little chance of winning their remaining games.  I'm too pessimistic to share your optimism.

Probably based on us bodying Falkirk again too as that's almost a guarantee these days. 

Was saddened and appalled to hear of the treatment David Cox received last night. Full solidarity with him and I hope he is getting the support he needs. Nobody should have to put up with such vile behaviour in any circumstances. Great to see the club show him their support, something I think we all can get behind. Hopefully that rat Tiffoney is driven out of the game. 

6 hours ago, stuartcraig said:

I can't believe you just said that.  That's us jinxed.

Aye, we are not there yet, maybe come down to hoping Montrose take no more points, it was great to take 3 point's on Tues, we will have to play better on sat to end their home record, 

23 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Five for Thistle as I type and Cove 2 up so we look certain to have a play off place. Thistle have done the run that  wins Leagues and seem to have found a front three with goals. Falkirk have stumbled on and they deserve nothing else. We just took too long to get creative in the middle but a top 4 was all I expected so that is a job done. All to play for now .

I should take more care of my language as I meant to say fairly certain-I also had got carried away by forgetting who was playing who next. It was pointed out to me quite quickly that I was making too many assumptions  that Montrose and Falkirk would share the points at least. It is indeed still all to play for. Signed on for PPV and hope to connect lap top to TV!

2 hours ago, Jack Reed said:

Aye, we are not there yet, maybe come down to hoping Montrose take no more points, it was great to take 3 point's on Tues, we will have to play better on sat to end their home record, 

I think Cove have lost 2 home games this season-Montrose and Clyde but if you mean their record against us -fair enough.  Foolishly I have predicted a win.

12 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I think Cove have lost 2 home games this season-Montrose and Clyde but if you mean their record against us -fair enough.  Foolishly I have predicted a win.

My mistake, they have won last four without conceding a goal, that will not  stand after today, or 0-0 would do, 

4 hours ago, Jack Reed said:

My mistake, they have won last four without conceding a goal, that will not  stand after today, or 0-0 would do, 

We all make mistakes and winning 5 in a row at home , never mind no goals conceded, might be something we have not done for a while? Let's hope your prediction is better than mine. Off to log on to PPV.

Excellent result and secures a playoff place.

I suspect there will be quite a bit of noise on the forum if we beat Falkirk again and Montrose manage to beat Partick in the next game!

Just now, G_H said:

Excellent result and secures a playoff place.

I suspect there will be quite a bit of noise on the forum if we beat Falkirk again and Montrose manage to beat Partick in the next game!

Aye, great result, well done manager and team, ♦️♦️

What a turnaround since that last trip to Cove just over a month ago. From our fans being near unanimously in favour of getting rid of Ian Murray to potentially finishing second. The team have put themselves in a brilliant position and for the first time in years I actually have confidence in them to push on from here. 

Great result. Great confidence booster as they didn't look great shakes at the end with their strongest 11 on the pitch. Paton outstanding - him and Turner  so solid, Dycey and Josh  Kerr calm and collected at the back, wee Leon putting in a great shift  and two good goals -brilliant.  But the whole team did well.  And they don't score at home for the first time in in 25 games.  Big boost for us. And Falkirk get pumped as well. Happy days!!!   

Big difference between today and the last game  with Cove- we had a midfield today. What a difference Turner and Paton have made. Onwards and upwards. Going to enjoy my beer tonight!

Great effort by the team. Not bothered where we finish now as I don't think it will make much difference and we'll need to beat 2 of the 3 sides anyway. Given Partick, Cove and Falkirk were in the league this year I think most fans would have said play-offs was the realistic aim.

As someone else said the squad and manager have shown some fight to turn the season around after that last Cove game and deserve huge credit. Let's see if we can finally break our play-off jinx!

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

19 minutes ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

Fanfuckingtastic. Combined with Falkirk losing they now need to beat us by 5 I think to go above us on Tuesday.

Better yet, we beat them and Thistle lie down for Montrose then Falkirk don't even make the play offs. Life would be truly great if that happened.

Is it not 3 they would need to win by? 2 goal win would bring them level on GD, but our goals for is better so would need to win by 3.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

3 minutes ago, diamondman said:

Better yet, we beat them and Thistle lie down for Montrose then Falkirk don't even make the play offs. Life would be truly great if that happened.

A tad bitter there, sir?

That would be delicious. And if we could win the play offs as well..... The good thing is, we are the form team now just like Thistle were. And its all about momentum.  And we have it at the moment. That result today is  a  preverbal boot in the baws to Cove.  The record of scoring every game at home is gone, and Hartley will be questioning his resting of players ala Man City. But even when he brought on his rested players we still were all over them like a rash - so that gives him food for thought. Falkirk - they must have run out of clean sheets the number of times in the past month they have shit the bed - so unless they pump us on Tuesday their confidence will be fragile too.  As for Montrose, an honest hard working team, but if we were to face them and we play like we did today, you must fancy us to win. As for Morton,  the are on a run of poor form and now without their captain for two games - so they wont be looking forward to the play offs.  So, all we have to do, is keep it going...but then again we are Airdrie - its never that straight forward.  But lets believe! 

Superb result. Should be a great confidence boost to the side, ahead of the play-offs, that we can go up there keep a clean sheet and win so convincingly. Paton, Turner, Kerr, Fordyce and McCann all strolled it once again and everyone else was solid or did a turn too. Great run and cross from Tam Rab for the first goal. Delighted for him. He's been needing that. He's still very raw and goes in and out of games but he still has a part to play in the play-offs. That's the sort of opening or bit of quality he can provide. Lovely bit of Futsal from Dean Ritchie for the second goal. Looking forward to watching that back. 

I don't want to get ahead of myself. We are Airdrie after all. But there really is no reason why we can't win this play-off. Nothing to fear whatsoever from any of Cove, Morton, Falkirk or Montrose. And you have to win a fucking play-off eventually don't you?