The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

I know theres likely to be a few interested (and im sure hes contracted for next season) but the boy Bevan from Albion rovers seems like a bit of a player going by match reports and various other threads on the L2 forum, a young guy signed from Camelon, certainly making all the right noises.

14 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

I know theres likely to be a few interested (and im sure hes contracted for next season) but the boy Bevan from Albion rovers seems like a bit of a player going by match reports and various other threads on the L2 forum, a young guy signed from Camelon, certainly making all the right noises.

Wouldn't mind the boy Reilly from rovers that was at us years ago, what a season he's had. I think there'll be a lot of full time clubs in for him mind you.

1 hour ago, AJ77 said:

Wouldn't mind the boy Reilly from rovers that was at us years ago, what a season he's had. I think there'll be a lot of full time clubs in for him mind you.

I'm sure I'd heard/read Dundee were pretty keen on the boy Reilly, so I'm sure there will be a few in for him further up the pecking order than us.

2 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

I'm sure I'd heard/read Dundee were pretty keen on the boy Reilly, so I'm sure there will be a few in for him further up the pecking order than us.

Does seem strange that Reilly & Bevan are attracting attention given the Rovers league position but it I did see a few quotes about Reilly being the best player in the league. Bevan has only joined in January but going by the short highlights he does look to have a lot of ability and just 18.

I suppose the defining factors will be down to relegation and promotion of the teams involved. Dundee for instance might be looking for an upgrade on Reilly if they get to Premier League as it would be massive jump to go from the Rovers to SPL. Bevan will probably be offski if the Rovers drop to the Lowland league despite being contracted for next year as I'm sure someone would pay a nominal fee.

I conclude that the rest of their team must be mince.

Edited by Kenny_m

6 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

Does seem strange that Reilly & Bevan are attracting attention given the Rovers league position but it I did see a few quotes about Reilly being the best player in the league. Bevan has only joined in January but going by the short highlights he does look to have a lot of and just 18.

I suppose the defining factors will be down to relegation and promotion of the teams involved. Dundee for instance might be looking for an upgrade on Reilly if they get to Premier League as it would be massive jump to go from the Rovers to SPL. Bevan will probably be offski if the Rovers drop to the Lowland league despite being contracted for next year as I'm sure someone would pay a nominal fee.

I conclude that the rest of their team must be mince.

They do seem to be very reliant on Reilly. They’ve scored 41 goals this season and he’s been involved in almost 80% of them (21 goals, 11 assists) which is wild. They rarely seem to lose heavily, just a lot of narrow defeats then they go out and beat a team by three or four. As you say, being so reliant on one player doesn’t say much for the rest of the team.

1 hour ago, Mr November said:

They do seem to be very reliant on Reilly. They’ve scored 41 goals this season and he’s been involved in almost 80% of them (21 goals, 11 assists) which is wild. They rarely seem to lose heavily, just a lot of narrow defeats then they go out and beat a team by three or four. As you say, being so reliant on one player doesn’t say much for the rest of the team.

Whilst I'm selective about stats, that is indeed very impressive. 

10 minutes ago, David Fernández said:

Matty Yeats who plays for Stenny has 12 goals and 15 assists this season. Ive not watched/been to any league 2 games this season but that's pretty impressive, only 20 as well. If he's not signed up for next season I can see a team in our league take a punt on him.

Yeah I suggested him a while ago, think he’d fit our style of play and as you say very impressive numbers. I think he is under contract for next season but can see someone going for him either way.

49 minutes ago, Mr November said:

Yeah I suggested him a while ago, think he’d fit our style of play and as you say very impressive numbers. I think he is under contract for next season but can see someone going for him either way.

Can't see us paying a fee for anyone for next season would be surprised if he signed for us. No doubt we'll be back at Broadwood for the NL Cup in pre season playing 'spot the trialist' watching the likes of Miracle Okafor, Ally Taylor and Josh Jack.

On 19/04/2023 at 16:55, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

I’m sure Rovers paid a decent fee for Bevan?

56 minutes ago, AJ77 said:

ATS confirmed out for tomorrows game.

Aye seen that. Hopefully it's nothing more serious than that. Wouldn't want to be without him come the playoffs. 

Rhys replacing him from the start, do we think?

1 hour ago, AndyDD said:

Aye seen that. Hopefully it's nothing more serious than that. Wouldn't want to be without him come the playoffs. 

Looks the logical change and I'm still strongly of the opinion that Rhys plays in our best 11.

6 hours ago, AndyDD said:

As much as we need manager on the sidelines  we need him on the park tomorrow ,

Great to get the point and secure the play-offs although maybe disappointing not to win after it went to 11 v 9. But nice to have that cushion with a couple of weeks to spare all the same. I wonder what McCabe will do with his team selection the next couple of weeks? For me the front three, Frizzell, Fordyce, ATS and Ballantyne (and Rae in goals of course) are our key players so I wouldn’t mind seeing them drop out, even if incrementally or rotationally or just at Meadowbank, for the next two games. Big Byrd v Jon Roberston at Meadowbank could be a right laugh but not enough to tempt me along! Would still probably rather Alloa finish 4th ahead of QoS and Edinburgh (definitely over Edinburgh) so play-off implications could play a part in what McCabe goes for of course. 

16 hours ago, David Fernández said:

Great photos with Jerome Vareille. One of my favourite Airdrie players when I was younger and was great to see him at the stadium.

Agreed, was proper buzzing to see him. Can’t remember what I did on Thursday night but still remember Jerome and especially his record quick 4 goals v Stenny. Funny what nostalgia does to you!