The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

Do not always believe what you read or what people are quoted in the paper.    The good thing about this season is there a no leaks coming from the club regarding players,   Most signings have been pleasantly surprising, I am sure there are more to come and if they consist of the rumoured Callum Gallagher and Craig Barr, I would think most fans would be happy.

I would be happy yes but if the newspaper release a statement with a quote from the manager I’m gonna believe it more than an East Fife fan

1 minute ago, AFC1878 said:

I like the kits personally. Shades of the Matchwinner away and 3rd kits we had in seasons 93/94 and 94/95. Don’t suppose the shorts will have pockets though emoji23.png

Hopefully Dav will return to lead the line.

Got to say I'm very much liking the away kit. The third kit is pure "meh". What is nice is that they are available before pre season even starts. Light years ahead of previous years. Not that I'm buying one mind you as grown men in replica kits is an abomination! :lol:

14 hours ago, macclyde+ said:

Correct, we played at Firhill for a few seasons then went to Douglas Park (where we were treated much better !) for a couple of seasons, before moving to Broadwood in 1994.

I do miss old grounds like Shawfield, DP and Broomfield, and I remember one particularly stonking match at Broomfield which ended 4-3 to Airdrie. Some of your 'more mature' fans will remember that one  :lol:

Certainly mature and almost sure I would have seen that game but  so many other games to reminisce over that I can't say much about it. It is more comfortable in seated stadiums but the atmosphere does not compare to terracing days and nights

Edited by Chapelhall chap

11 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Got to say I'm very much liking the away kit. The third kit is pure "meh". What is nice is that they are available before pre season even starts. Light years ahead of previous years. Not that I'm buying one mind you as grown men in replica kits is an abomination! :lol:

Allow 21 days for delivery mind......

On 05/06/2019 at 08:53, Paco said:

Mentioned by our chairman that one of our players is talking to Airdrie with a view to signing, and that whatever minimal fee we paid for Macdonald will be coming back if the player does move.

Presumably Grant Gillespie or David McKay, through process of elimination. Anyone heard anything?

Lewis Vaughan 

15 hours ago, waysider said:

Sad to see on the O/s that Lawrie Leslie has died. A fabulous goalkeeper and, after Ian McMillan, my all time favourite Airdrie  player.

5 caps for Scotland, all while playing for Airdrie. Incomprehensible nowadays. The term legend gets tossed around a lot but he is very much deserving of that tag. Was nice to see tributes from West Ham United and Millwall too. 

That away kit is :wub: I'm still trying to work out what colour the third kit is :lol: I can take it or leave it but it's not horrific. It's nice enough, especially considering I don't imagine we're going to use it very often. 

Respect though to all the brothers over on the Airdrie Facebook page working themselves into a shoot over the kits not having a diamond on them despite the website clearly stating the home kit will be unveiled in the coming weeks. 

13 hours ago, stuartcraig said:

Another very good piece of PR from Miller. Been impressed with him so far.

6 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Another very good piece of PR from Miller. Been impressed with him so far.

It was interesting to hear him talking about having to be willing to miss out on some realistic signing targets to avoid taking too much risk.  I wonder if he's a good poker player.