The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

49 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

No offence taken at all. My first ever Airdrie game was at Douglas park in the late 1950s . You missed the Shawfield experience of an Airdrie v Clyde game.  before they had their Gypsy years of playing at loads of grounds (Firhill certainly) after the Dog racing owners turfed them out. It can all be googled but I don't want to give them too much sympathy. 

My first game was against Ross County in 2002. Would’ve been one of the last home games before the club dissolved. Would’ve loved to have seen the old Broomfield, the last ever game there was a week after I was born!

No offence taken at all. My first ever Airdrie game was at Douglas park in the late 1950s . You missed the Shawfield experience of an Airdrie v Clyde game.  before they had their Gypsy years of playing at loads of grounds (Firhill certainly) after the Dog racing owners turfed them out. It can all be googled but I don't want to give them too much sympathy. 

They played at Cliftonhill for a couple of seasons as well in the late 90’s. I remember us playing against them and standing in the enclosure opposite the stand. I’m pretty sure it was all ticket as well (for us anyway.)

They played at Cliftonhill for a couple of seasons as well in the late 90’s. I remember us playing against them and standing in the enclosure opposite the stand. I’m pretty sure it was all ticket as well (for us anyway.)

Think that was Hamilton?? Clyde played at Firhill then Douglas Park from memory, before Broadwood. Hamilton shared Cliftonhill and Firhill. Confusing stuff!!! Especially when you throw in we played at Broadwood!

7 hours ago, Airdrie76 said:

Think that was Hamilton?? Clyde played at Firhill then Douglas Park from memory, before Broadwood. Hamilton shared Cliftonhill and Firhill. Confusing stuff!!! Especially when you throw in we played at Broadwood!

Correct, we played at Firhill for a few seasons then went to Douglas Park (where we were treated much better !) for a couple of seasons, before moving to Broadwood in 1994.

I do miss old grounds like Shawfield, DP and Broomfield, and I remember one particularly stonking match at Broomfield which ended 4-3 to Airdrie. Some of your 'more mature' fans will remember that one  :lol:

Mentioned by our chairman that one of our players is talking to Airdrie with a view to signing, and that whatever minimal fee we paid for Macdonald will be coming back if the player does move.

Presumably Grant Gillespie or David McKay, through process of elimination. Anyone heard anything?

1 hour ago, Paco said:

Mentioned by our chairman that one of our players is talking to Airdrie with a view to signing, and that whatever minimal fee we paid for Macdonald will be coming back if the player does move.

Presumably Grant Gillespie or David McKay, through process of elimination. Anyone heard anything?

Haven't even heard a rumour of either of those.

3 hours ago, macclyde+ said:

Correct, we played at Firhill for a few seasons then went to Douglas Park (where we were treated much better !) for a couple of seasons, before moving to Broadwood in 1994.

I do miss old grounds like Shawfield, DP and Broomfield, and I remember one particularly stonking match at Broomfield which ended 4-3 to Airdrie. Some of your 'more mature' fans will remember that one  :lol:

Yep a Wednesday night, 3-0 to Clyde at half time with Airdrie winning 4-3 at full time.

Wedderburn was rumoured. Is he actually out of contract though?

Gillespie would be very decent. Looked good when he played against us last season.

2 hours ago, Beachbum said:

Yes

Wedderburn looked poor in the first playoff game before they took him off ,slow is a understatement ,did not make bench for second game.hope it's not him but could be some sort of deal with MacDonald .

6 minutes ago, Jack Reed said:

Wedderburn looked poor in the first playoff game before they took him off ,slow is a understatement ,did not make bench for second game.hope it's not him but could be some sort of deal with MacDonald .

He was released by us so difficult to see him being part of a deal when you'll get him for free.

3 hours ago, Nipper said:

Yep a Wednesday night, 3-0 to Clyde at half time with Airdrie winning 4-3 at full time.

3 hours ago, Nipper said:

There was also a 4-4 round about the same time with us well ahead and Clyde coming back.

Relegation 4 pointer after the Texaco cup Final whichended 0-0 and kept us up.

Games against the Bully Wee were always well contested. However, I hated going to Shawfield . Worst place in the League to watch a game. Low slope on the terrace, Dog track and the lighting pylons for said track were not conducive to good spectating.

I was at the playoff game with Annan and Clyde were worthy winners, so welcome back.

27 minutes ago, Spanish Armada said:

Murray has confirmed in the paper that we’re not interested in Callum Gallagher or Stuart Carswell

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/airdrieonians-boss-ian-murray-rules-16248818.amp

27 minutes ago, Spanish Armada said:

Murray has confirmed in the paper that we’re not interested in Callum Gallagher or Stuart Carswell

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/airdrieonians-boss-ian-murray-rules-16248818.am

Do not always believe what you read or what people are quoted in the paper.    The good thing about this season is there a no leaks coming from the club regarding players,   Most signings have been pleasantly surprising, I am sure there are more to come and if they consist of the rumoured Callum Gallagher and Craig Barr, I would think most fans would be happy.