Dundee v Killie - Wed 6th Feb

6 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
9 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:
Presumably you're referring to the Jordan Jones incident, which I've never made any comment on.
For the record, I thought at the time banning him was ridiculous, but it all could have been avoided if he'd simply gone to the ref and said he'd fallen over. Instead, he happily let him award a pen, so screw him.

You say that with no irony after the comment you just made?

Yes. 

Miller missed the penalty he engineered, so what is the point in being butthurt about it?

Again, I don't take any pleasure in any player, no matter their team, cheating to win penalties. We didn't deserve to win, so I'm totally indifferent about the fact Miller missed a penalty he should never have been awarded in the first place. 

I could understand you being aggrieved if Miller had scored and we'd stolen the 3 points, but as I already said, I've never made any comment about the earlier game at Dens and the Jones incident, so I'm a bit bemused as to why you specifically asked me about it and implied I'd referred to it as a 'Capital Offence'.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Nadroj said:

I also think SOD has been quite poor the last few weeks. He doesn't seem his usual reliable self. He put us in trouble a few times tonight.

He's not been right since his hamstring injury the game before the split.... maybe still not 100%??

Absolutely gutted not to have won that. Before the penalty I was desperate to get away with a draw such was Kilmarnock’s dominance in the second half. We put so much into the first half and a lot of the players haven’t been playing regular football. We’re vastly improved though. It’s a good point in the end. Kilmarnock were excellent in the second half, really impressed.

Arghhh still gutted!

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Christ, I'd do a lot to see my team win, but spending any time in Kilmarnock is too much.

No need to worry next season, you'll bypass Killie on the way to Summerset Park ;)

Would have taken a draw beforehand but to miss a penalty so late on is obviously a kick in the balls. I wish he just hit a shot embarrassingly wide of target instead. 

Kilmarnock were a lot better in the second half but were massively aided by us standing off them and for some reason or another completely abandoning the high press that worked so well in the first. 

I thought it was a penalty at the time. 

Just now, Muggy said:

We put so much into the first half and a lot of the players haven’t been playing regular football. 

This is an important point a lot of Dees seem to be missing. 

We're in the middle of a really tough stretch of fixtures, so I'm not surprised that Nelson hasn't been starting every match or only playing 65-70 mins when he does, nor is it surprising we're running out of steam after 70 minutes either. No Robson in the squad after he started on Saturday either. the big Swedish lad took 2-3 games to make a start etc.

The squad is not all that deep, so in reply to the Killie fans questioning the subs, I'd suggest you look at the bench and ask yourself who should have come on instead? He brought the players on he has at his disposal. I'm sure he'd love a load of impact subs, but we simply don't have any.

Both sets of fans probably disappointed there. Killie should have been out of sight in the second half, and will wonder how they didn't win that, but we blew two points when gifted them at the end. Twice, if you count the initial chance.

If the penalty hadn't happened and we'd just seen out the draw, we'd have probably been quite pleased at picking up a hard-fought point against a side that murdered us for 45 minutes. 

Never a dull moment being a Dundee fan.

2 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

Pathetic travelling support.

To go with a woeful home support. Embarrassing for a city club.

From the off there were just so many not at the races. Power, Dicker, Tshibola were all over the shop. Dicker and Tshibola compounding their bad start by giving away stupid fouls. Power having his worst game under Clarke. The two full backs took a roasting. Central defence were a mess. 

A comedy of errors every time a ball was played up to their forwards - every time a Killie player made a mistake, there was no one digging him out with a big clearance - players were compounding it by following up with worse mistakes! Honestly, wait til you see their two goals, both a complete and utter shambles. 

We get level through Conor McAleny, who was outstanding, then instantly lose a disaster of a goal. Bachmann had picked it out his net twice before doing anything. 

Second half, expected an instant response, took until about the hour mark to get it. Once we got going it looked like there would only be one winner. Burke's equaliser was a thing of beauty. Battered them and it just wouldn't go in. Millar missed a particularly bad one and we also had a big goal mouth scramble. 
Pushing for the winner, SOD then makes a mistake with a throw in and Dundee break, I'm certain they're going to score, then get a pen and contrive to let Bachmann save it! 

Pish result all round.

12 minutes ago, Coooombe said:

Ndjoli worse than a man down. Again. No idea what Clarke sees in him. Bitterly disappointed with a draw after that second half but we only have ourselves to blame after that shambolic opening 25 or so. Bit of karma for Miller at the end missing the penalty he dived to get.

Agreed. Lost the ball too many times and has the first touch of a drunk kangaroo. Hopefully the wolf is back ASAP because I almost lost the head shouting at the telly.

A vast difference in the two halves played - in the first half we looked sluggish with too many men off-form and had too many slack passes. I also don't think we won a single header in the first half. Dundee look so much better than they did at RP the last time out and the boy Nelson looks like a bit of a find by McIntyre. Second half it was like a different set of teams altogether, a lovely free-kick from Burke and Dundee's keeper did really well to keep the score at 2-2. It would have been a real sickener had Kenny Miller scored with the penalty which I reckon wasn't a penalty but these things happen - Bachmann saved well.  As much as this thread was absolutely atrocious for a while it's vastly improved with the introduction of actually discussing the game. I have to hand it to Dundee, that was a good game to watch and I think the new signings will be enough to keep you guys up if you can keep up performances like that.

Does seem to be a match fitness issue going on but 2 points out of a possible 9 is losing ground.
Could make a decent case that we should have more than 2, 2 staggering strikes for equalisers in the last 2 games, but by the same token we offered nothing apart from the shite penalty after Killie equalised tonight and could have easily lost. If they can maintain the intensity shown in the first half further through games I think we'll be OK, but the subs in the second half give me the fear.
A couple of injuries and is that how we start?

1 minute ago, Andy_K_97 said:

It would have been a real sickener had Kenny Miller scored with the penalty which I reckon wasn't a penalty but these things happen - Bachmann saved well.  

It was a stonewall penalty, and I would have saved it. 

Blindfolded. 

With both hands tied behind my back.

And standing in the opposite goal.

Just now, The Master said:

It was a stonewall penalty, and I would have saved it. 

Blindfolded. 

With both hands tied behind my back.

And standing in the opposite goal.

My Gran would have saved it, and she's rubbish at saving penalties.

Guest Moomintroll
Yes. 
Miller missed the penalty he engineered, so what is the point in being butthurt about it?
Again, I don't take any pleasure in any player, no matter their team, cheating to win penalties. We didn't deserve to win, so I'm totally indifferent about the fact Miller missed a penalty he should never have been awarded in the first place. 
I could understand you being aggrieved if Miller had scored and we'd stolen the 3 points, but as I already said, I've never made any comment about the earlier game at Dens and the Jones incident, so I'm a bit bemused as to why you specifically asked me about it and implied I'd referred to it as a 'Capital Offence'.
Fair enough, want Dundee to stay up personally speaking.

Archived