Club Licencing

11 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Interesting note the average lux here's just about halfway between entry and bronze, leaves the club short of spfl requirements should the be aiming as high.

Saw that as well, might be as much as they can get away with for now and they'll sort it when the time comes - could always add another column in the middle to push the average up.

They're not the only ones though, I don't think Kelty's planning application meets the Bronze requirement either (thought it's close). EK's planning application has everything except the light details but I assume they meet the requirements. Bo'ness have a lighting plan but no average lux.

You don't need Bronze for SPFL entry, I think there are at least two SPFL clubs with Entry level licences.  I was at Annan last Friday night, their lights aren't great and I can't imagine are much better than entry lux requirement.

33 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

You don't need Bronze for SPFL entry, I think there are at least two SPFL clubs with Entry level licences.  I was at Annan last Friday night, their lights aren't great and I can't imagine are much better than entry lux requirement.

Must not be enforcing it then as SPFL rule H18 says "For Clubs entitled in any Season to participate in the League One, League Two and the Championship/League One and League One/League Two Play-Off Competitions such floodlights must be and operate at least to the Bronze Standard with respect to floodlighting as set out in The Scottish Football Association National Club Licensing Manual in force and as amended or supplemented from time to time."

Edited by Ginaro

2 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Must not be enforcing then as SPFL rule H18 says "For Clubs entitled in any Season to participate in the League One, League Two and the Championship/League One and League One/League Two Play-Off Competitions such floodlights must be and operate at least to the Bronze Standard with respect to floodlighting as set out in The Scottish Football Association National Club Licensing Manual in force and as amended or supplemented from time to time."

Interesting, no mention of League Two/LL/HL play-off.   I'd be gobsmacked if Annan meets requirements, Entry is 200 lux (recommended), Bronze is 300 lux (mandatory).

55 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Interesting, no mention of League Two/LL/HL play-off.   I'd be gobsmacked if Annan meets requirements, Entry is 200 lux (recommended), Bronze is 300 lux (mandatory).

Suppose that's because you don't need them in April/May and the champion clubs could have a period of grace with the SPFL to upgrade them over the summer if they win the play-off.

Maybe it's a great camera, but it doesn't look that bad at Galabank. Or it could be that the lights were at a lower level for the reserves since it wasn't a first team game - I read a planning document for extending the lights to 10pm which mentioned 50% for some games.

1 hour ago, Ginaro said:

Must not be enforcing it then as SPFL rule H18 says "For Clubs entitled in any Season to participate in the League One, League Two and the Championship/League One and League One/League Two Play-Off Competitions such floodlights must be and operate at least to the Bronze Standard with respect to floodlighting as set out in The Scottish Football Association National Club Licensing Manual in force and as amended or supplemented from time to time."

Clubs can play in the SPFL with an entry level license but must meet the bronze license standard for floodlights.  You are rated across a host of areas and you could be gold for something, silver for another but only gain an overall license of entry level if any licensing aspects only meet that standard. 

Interesting note the average lux here's just about halfway between entry and bronze, leaves the club short of spfl requirements should the be aiming as high.
Quite simply when you're pushed for time you do a deal for what you can get your hands on quickly.

The lights were sourced very shortly after it was brought up that we needed them, they aren't new.

2 minutes ago, Gimme said:

Quite simply when you're pushed for time you do a deal for what you can get your hands on quickly.

The lights were sourced very shortly after it was brought up that we needed them, they aren't new.

Selkirk?

11 hours ago, Gimme said:

Driveway paved at the same time?

[Kidding.]

Bonnyton lost to Heston last night in the SoS, thereby confirming Stranraer Reserves as Champions.

Therefore whoever wins the EoS play-offs will go upto the LL without the need for a play-off with the SoS, licence permitting of course.

Decisions re Licence to be made by SFA Board a week today.

6 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Bonnyton lost to Heston last night in the SoS, thereby confirming Stranraer Reserves as Champions.

Therefore whoever wins the EoS play-offs will go upto the LL without the need for a play-off with the SoS, licence permitting of course.

Decisions re Licence to be made by SFA Board a week today.

If nothing else this potentially eases some growing fixture issues, with many of the leading clubs still being in a few cups and Bonnyrigg in particular having plenty of matches to play.

17 minutes ago, GordonS said:

If nothing else this potentially eases some growing fixture issues, with many of the leading clubs still being in a few cups and Bonnyrigg in particular having plenty of matches to play.

Eases it a little bit, but their schedule is still jam packed with 11 games in 4 weeks! http://www.bonnyriggrosefc.co.uk/teams/118321/fixtures-results

2 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Eases it a little bit, but their schedule is still jam packed with 11 games in 4 weeks! http://www.bonnyriggrosefc.co.uk/teams/118321/fixtures-results

I  wish we had the same problem

I am sure your management will prioritise and no matter who plays you will have a strong starting lineup 

4 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Might the fact there can't be a EOS-SOS play-off allow Bonnyrigg to defer a game or two? I'm assuming not.

The recently released fixtures on that link and the EOS website have assumed there's no play-off, as cup games are scheduled for 11/18th May.

46 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

The recently released fixtures on that link and the EOS website have assumed there's no play-off, as cup games are scheduled for 11/18th May.

Ah, ta. Brutal run-in, though I think they had even worse two seasons ago. I remember watching a not-great Linlithgow beat them at NDP at the end of that season, the home side were out on their feet. 

How many EOSFL clubs actually own their ground and how have clubs gone about getting the funding for a license  ? 
Linlithgow - it's taken 130 years of blood, sweat and tears to be where we are.

Highs and lows.

Unless you have a sugar daddy throwing away money - there is no easy route.