Club Licencing

12 hours ago, Burnieman said:

Probably no different, perhaps with a ground visit later on to confirm.  They have until June I think to be Licenced for next season.

I thought new applicants needed to have everything in place for the licensing committee at the end of February?

Edited by Ginaro

9 hours ago, Ginaro said:

I thought new applicants needed to have everything in place for the licensing committee at the end of February?

Well there's a LC meeting in June, therefore I would have thought it would be the same as previous seasons ie if you're rubber stamped by then, then you're OK for the following season.

5 hours ago, Burnieman said:

Well there's a LC meeting in June, therefore I would have thought it would be the same as previous seasons ie if you're rubber stamped by then, then you're OK for the following season.

But unless I'm missing something, last season the likes of Bo'ness and Haddington (with their rush to add floodlights) had to be given approval at the LC meeting in February for them to be considered and rubber stamped by the SFA board in June.

43 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

But unless I'm missing something, last season the likes of Bo'ness and Haddington (with their rush to add floodlights) had to be given approval at the LC meeting in February for them to be considered and rubber stamped by the SFA board in June.

Pass, wasn't involved obviously, but there is a LC meeting in May/June where clubs will be confirmed as having renewed, so I would have thought that would also include new applicants if their applications are in order.

Edited by Burnieman

44 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

According to the Licensing Manual, assessments and documentation have to be complete by the end of March, for consideration by the Licensing Committee between 20-30 April.

I'd imagine dates may change as a result of Covid, but only in one direction.

34 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Pass, wasn't involved obviously, but there is a LC meeting in May/June where clubs will be confirmed as having renewed, so I would have thought that would also include new applicants if their applications are in order.

I'm sure that the process was changed for 2020 so that the February meeting is the last opportunity new clubs have to make sure they meet the requirements and be passed by the LC. The likes of Kilwinning, Musselburgh, Dunbar and St Andrews have all mentioned February 2021 as the deadline.

Last season Haddington got their lights working the day before the LC meeting on 26th February.

Funnily enough, the SFA have updated to the 2021 licensing manual. https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/7460/scottish-fa-club-licensing-manual-2021.pdf

Do you know if current members have received a note explaining the differences from 2020? Only one I can see relates to floodlights:

"Clubs must be able to evidence that matches have been played under the floodlights, to the satisfaction of match officials, within the last year.

Where a relevant body or league raises concerns regarding the suitability of a floodlight system, it will be a matter for the Licensing Committee to determine whether the system meets the terms of the Entry level criteria"

31 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

According to the Licensing Manual, assessments and documentation have to be complete by the end of March, for consideration by the Licensing Committee between 20-30 April.

I'd imagine dates may change as a result of Covid, but only in one direction.

The only mention of 20-30 April I can see is in the UEFA club licensing section?

I would have thought February is still the deadline for new members to be passed to the SFA for approval. That then allows for certainty for promotion and relegation issues coming up.

The May/June session is just for more ordinary business of renewals, accepting new applicants into the process. That sort of thing.

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Other than Dunbar and St Andrews, is there anyone else looking to get licenced this year?

EDIT: Forgot Musselburgh.

Dalkeith the only other club known to be in the licensing process but we've not heard from them since they put an update out last season.

13 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Dalkeith the only other club known to be in the licensing process but we've not heard from them since they put an update out last season.

Will Talbot and possibly Cumnock, slip in under the P&B (licensing) radar ? Or will they be prevented from licensing consideration this year, as they are not currently active in the WoSL owing to covid19 ? 

2 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Will Talbot and possibly Cumnock, slip in under the P&B (licensing) radar ? Or will they be prevented from licensing consideration this year, as they are not currently active in the WoSL owing to covid19 ? 

It's the EoS forum. So only asking about EoS clubs.

West wise Auchinleck Talbot, Cumnock, Petershill, Darvel, Irvine Meadow, and Clydebank are at least trying for this year. With the likes of Kilwnning saying they'd too much work to be done for 2021 but should be sorted for 2022. There's the potential for some surprises there in the same way there were some slightly unexpected clubs in 2019 once things became public.

3 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

West wise Auchinleck Talbot, Cumnock, Petershill, Darvel, Irvine Meadow, and Clydebank are at least trying for this year. With the likes of Kilwnning saying they'd too much work to be done for 2021 but should be sorted for 2022. There's the potential for some surprises there in the same way there were some slightly unexpected clubs in 2019 once things became public.

Presumably SoS side Creetown will be close to getting licenced too.

23 hours ago, Dev said:

?Sauchie?

Perhaps, but unlike the others mentioned I don't think they've publicly announced that they've paid their £2000 to get into the licensing process. See below

Creetown must be going for a licence given they have floodlights and a recent-ish clubhouse, though they are a smaller club so it might take longer to get everything sorted admin wise.

Edited by Ginaro

9 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Perhaps, but unlike the others mentioned I don't think they've publicly announced that they've paid their £2000 to get into the licensing process.

https://www.alloaadvertiser.com/sport/18294026.exciting-times-ahead-sauchie-juniors-aim-scottish-cup-place/

March 2020

The Wee County side are on the verge of submitting paperwork to the governing body for an Entry Level badge and hope to have it in place by the start of next season. 

Rest of the article seems to suggest they may have entered the process with hopes of getting in the  2021-22 Scottish Cup. So a possibility.

On 27/01/2021 at 12:01, FairWeatherFan said:

Well done FWF, for once you have made a helpful contribution by responding, and divulging your views about other clubs who may be looking to get licensed in time for season 2021/22.    Yes this is an EoSL forum, and yes the 2 clubs I mentioned are West clubs, but posters on here are seeking/sharing information about clubs who may have submitted licensing applications for consideration within the February 2021 deadline.. 

You have been on P&B for a long time, so you will surely  have noticed by now that between 5%** and 10%** of posts on here (and on other P&B forums) are NOT strictly on the right forum.  For example,  Dev has posted above, some views about Creetown, who are also NOT an EoSL club, but his input is welcomed  as it is relevant to the licensing topic and is a live (and interesting) issue for (senior) non league clubs seeking SFA membership...

(** my rough estimates)