Club Licencing

4 hours ago, Burnieman said:

That's a good point about floodlights, how can clubs without them be renewed in December 2020?

The November licensing update had those three clubs as last reviewed in summer/autumn 2019, presumably the deadline was 2020 but it's probably been extended for a year?

Burntisland have PP, eight holes in the ground (now filled with water) and I think they've raised the money - first EOS game scheduled under the lights in March. W&B have planning permission unlike Girvan who don't and we've not heard much from them.

On 23/12/2020 at 20:17, Burnieman said:

There's no extention to licencing audit reviews, they are carrying on as normal and as scheduled.

About 6 months ago I contacted Girvan, but the person I spoke to said it was their intention to install floodlights, but he couldn't comment on planning, funding, or timescale... 

What’s the score with regards to licenced grounds in the Scottish Cup, I notice Dundonald Bluebell played games at Starks and Kelty (Central
Park) I thought if licenced you’d have to use your own ground (I’m assuming they’ve got a licence as they’re in the cup). I understand ours and Kelty are Artificial pitches so less chance of weather cancellations but shouldn’t Dundonald have to use their own stadium? Didn’t the SFA stop teams moving games as teams would do it for bigger gates. Or is there another reason for the move?

The November licensing update had those three clubs as last reviewed in summer/autumn 2019, presumably the deadline was 2020 but it's probably been extended for a year?
Burntisland have PP, eight holes in the ground (now filled with water) and I think they've raised the money - first EOS game scheduled under the lights in March. W&B have planning permission unlike Girvan who don't and we've not heard much from them.

I heard Burntislands are starting in January. Think they were waiting on the lighting to arrive before starting and doing it all at once.

9 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

What’s the score with regards to licenced grounds in the Scottish Cup, I notice Dundonald Bluebell played games at Starks and Kelty (Central
Park) I thought if licenced you’d have to use your own ground (I’m assuming they’ve got a licence as they’re in the cup). I understand ours and Kelty are Artificial pitches so less chance of weather cancellations but shouldn’t Dundonald have to use their own stadium? Didn’t the SFA stop teams moving games as teams would do it for bigger gates. Or is there another reason for the move?

Cup Rule 13 says "if a club notifies the Scottish FA that it considers that its registered ground as detailed in the Official Return (Rule 6 and the Articles of Association refer) is unsuitable for the playing of a Cup match for whatever reason, or if the Secretary considers that a club’s registered ground is unsuitable for the playing of a Cup match for whatever reason, and (in either case) the Board is satisfied of the validity of such reason, the match shall be played at the nearest available registered ground of at least equivalent capacity which in the opinion of the Board is most suitable for the occasion."

So it's allowed, and there is no requirement to make the reason public.

10 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

There's been more of it happening this year because of the fear of fixture congestion - the Scottish Cup rounds are closer together and there isn't space in the calendar to keep postponing matches. It's also been a pretty wet winter and a lot of pitches are in poorer condition than usual. And it's obviously not a case of just looking for a bigger attendance - host clubs will be losing money when they hire another ground and move their game.

In Dundonald's case I think it was also the lighting requirements for TV - their lights are alright to play under and watch games in person, but on TV they would be pretty dull.

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

There's been more of it happening this year because of the fear of fixture congestion - the Scottish Cup rounds are closer together and there isn't space in the calendar to keep postponing matches. It's also been a pretty wet winter and a lot of pitches are in poorer condition than usual. And it's obviously not a case of just looking for a bigger attendance - host clubs will be losing money when they hire another ground and move their game.

In Dundonald's case I think it was also the lighting requirements for TV - their lights are alright to play under and watch games in person, but on TV they would be pretty dull.

Their lights are out of action. We had a game called off their recently due to work being done on the lights

Thanks for the reply’s guys was just curious as I know they seem to have put a stop to moving it for gate reasons like EK v Celtic at Airdrie but obviously not.a factor for Dundonald. Makes sense this season as you say with potential fixture pile up beyond anyone’s control.

On 19/12/2020 at 16:54, HibeeJibee said:

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/7398/club-licensing-current-update-december-2020.pdf

Reviews see Cumbernauld join Berwick plus Spartans at Bronze level (Cove, Albion Rovers and Edinburgh City only Entry).

Tynecastle only southerly pyramid club licensed in Youth criteria (Livingston, Arbroath, Airdrie, Cove, Clyde, Dumbarton, Falkirk, Forfar, Peterhead, Albion Rovers, Annan, Brechin, Edinburgh City, Stenhousemuir, Stranraer don't hold this either).

Girvan and Wigtown renewed.

Off topic for EoSL I know, but I think I'm right in saying the stadia criteria requires Bronze level for the Championship & Premiership? So Cove can't be promoted without the required improvements to Balmoral to go from Entry to Bronze?

Edited by Dunning1874

20 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Off topic for EoSL I know, but I think I'm right in saying the stadia criteria requires Bronze level for the Championship & Premiership? So Cove can't be promoted without the required improvements to Balmoor to go from Entry to Bronze?

Balmoor is peterhead. Balmoral stadium is cove

Edited by AlanCamelonfan

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

Off topic for EoSL I know, but I think I'm right in saying the stadia criteria requires Bronze level for the Championship & Premiership? So Cove can't be promoted without the required improvements to Balmoral to go from Entry to Bronze?

Bronze ground and Silver floodlights (500 lux, up from 300 at Bronze level). Could be a few small things stopping them that they've not had to worry about (a number of entry level requirements are just "best practice") or it could be something major that would need a lot of work - you'd need to check the planning documents.

However SPFL rule D6 says "The Board may in its absolute discretion waive, relax or grant a period of grace in respect of any Club's or Candidate Club’s requirement to comply with any part of the Membership Criteria and/or Rules D5, H4, H13, H14, H18, H19 and/or H20." so basically they can be given time by the SPFL to fix things.

Edited by Ginaro

Presumably the latest National lockdown will mean that the Licence Audits due to take place at the end of January will be postponed - giving some teams a little longer to complete any outstanding work?
Being done via zoom or phone call.

56 minutes ago, Burnieman said:
1 hour ago, kleptomaniac said:
Presumably the latest National lockdown will mean that the Licence Audits due to take place at the end of January will be postponed - giving some teams a little longer to complete any outstanding work?

Being done via zoom or phone call.

Sorry I was thinking more for new licence applications ….shouldn't have said audits. haha

1 minute ago, kleptomaniac said:

Sorry I was thinking more for new licence applications ….shouldn't have said audits. haha

Probably no different, perhaps with a ground visit later on to confirm.  They have until June I think to be Licenced for next season.

On 19/12/2020 at 16:54, HibeeJibee said:

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/7398/club-licensing-current-update-december-2020.pdf

Reviews see Cumbernauld join Berwick plus Spartans at Bronze level (Cove, Albion Rovers and Edinburgh City only Entry).

Tynecastle only southerly pyramid club licensed in Youth criteria (Livingston, Arbroath, Airdrie, Cove, Clyde, Dumbarton, Falkirk, Forfar, Peterhead, Albion Rovers, Annan, Brechin, Edinburgh City, Stenhousemuir, Stranraer don't hold this either).

Girvan and Wigtown renewed.

It's rather daft that City currently share the same ground with Spartans (and built their turnstiles for them) but they're bronze level and we're entry level. Probably something that the Board haven't got around to fixing.

But we're SPFL and they're no :P

7 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

It's rather daft that City currently share the same ground with Spartans (and built their turnstiles for them) but they're bronze level and we're entry level. Probably something that the Board haven't got around to fixing.

But we're SPFL and they're no :P

Differences seem to be Legal/Admin/Finance Codes category and First team catergory on licencing. Spartans are Bronze on those, while Edinburgh City are still Entry.

On the ground you're both Bronze.