East Fife v Arbroath

The second cracking game of football in 4 days. The points could have gone either way.

Wallace going off made a big difference. Neither Spence nor Donnelly seem able to win and hold the ball enough. As a result we were constantly thrown back into defence. Maybe Doris should have come on to play that role.

Jamieson the hero again, ably assisted by the daftest penalty I’ve seen in a while.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least if the last 2 games have shown us anything, it's that Wallace is our first choice striker without a shadow of a doubt. The threat with and without him is night and day.

I think Donnelly is being harshly treated. His height automatically makes people think he's a target man when his strengths are his touch and vision. Spence offered very little yet didn't get half the criticism.

Was on nightshift at work so was not at the game but my son and mates traveled to the game and said we were well worth the point and either team could have nicked the win so a draw was probably the correct result in the end, observations from them were Wallace looked a real threat until he got injured and that Jamieson and Ricky were superb with Bobby excellent again, they also said it was a shame Stevie D never got on but circumstances changed the proposed substitution, they also laughed at the "myth" that Swanks and Pongo cannot play in the same team as they said when the both came on they controlled the game and seen the game out with excellent possession and experience and both were superb.

Great result lads and keep it going.   

1 minute ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

they also laughed at the "myth" that Swanks and Pongo cannot play in the same team as they said when the both came on they controlled the game and seen the game out with excellent possession and experience and both were superb.

The passage of play leading up to Jamieson's save is, in a nutshell, the reason they can't play as a midfield pair. McCord slow to track back despite only being on 15 mins, Gav left in no-mans land between the crossing player and the heading player.

They're obviously both good technical players but the only way they'll ever play together is if we're pushing for a goal and, to be fair to Dick, he clearly encouraged us to try and snatch the win after the penalty.

6 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

This doesn't make sense

Player tackles unfairly from behind and makes heavy contact with opposing player and brings said player down.  This is more than often seen as foul play by officials and by people who watch football regularly and understand the rules.  Often such tackling leads to players who have made these types of tackles being booked, or sent off if deemed serious enough by the match referee.

I think that just about covers it and hopefully makes sense to you.  May you continue to go to football matches in the future and eventually understand what is allowed and disallowed. I also trust you enjoyed your first live football match viewing experience, nevertheless? :thumsup2

21 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

Clear foul on Linn in the build up to the East Fife goal.

Give you that one, I thought so too. As I said earlier the ref let an awful lot go last night that other more pedantic sorts would have been flashing yellow & red cards at.

In saying that Linn won a free kick near the end where he clearly dived & there was absolutely no contact. Now he probably would have been fouled & anticipated the challenge to avoid injury but strictly speaking he dived.  Arbroath nearly scored off it too, I would have been raging if they had but they didn't so I wasn't! Thems the breaks! Thoroughly enjoyable Tuesday night though.

Docherty comes across as a right cocky/arrogant sort of player but unfortunately he doesn't have the ability to match it and that penalty was awful, you just don't do that when fighting for a play off place with lots of games coming up! Good point in the end and best of wishes to Arbroath next season, hopefully we can join you!

Give you that one, I thought so too. As I said earlier the ref let an awful lot go last night that other more pedantic sorts would have been flashing yellow & red cards at.
In saying that Linn won a free kick near the end where he clearly dived & there was absolutely no contact. Now he probably would have been fouled & anticipated the challenge to avoid injury but strictly speaking he dived.  Arbroath nearly scored off it too, I would have been raging if they had but they didn't so I wasn't! Thems the breaks! Thoroughly enjoyable Tuesday night though.

I think I know what incident you’re on about and there definitely was contact. Bobby did “anticipate the contact” but dunsmore followed through with his tackle and made contact.

Fouls before goals, swings and roundabouts!!!

We had two claims similarly dismissed on Saturday and Arbroath's winner against us at their place this season involved a more obvious foul which should have been awarded to us in the build up before they scored!!!

If anything it just highlights AGAIN the shite level of officiating that we all must endure at this level!!!

Jesus! That penalty is even worse than it looked last night.  As has happened before with Docherty, it`s all to be about him and sod anyone else!

Notice he had previously tweeted that he loved Hazards penalty on Sunday. Well Mark, you are certainly no Hazard and to try that last night was a disgrace!

Anyway, great 2nd half performance from us and can go in to Saturday`s game with confidence and with a new penalty taker!! 

8 hours ago, afc_36_0 said:

Agree with most of what’s been said, judging by the highlights a couple of good saves from jamieson and not quite understanding why its not a foul on linn for the build up to east fife’s goal

Possibly as difficult to understand as why the defender who gave away the penalty wasn’t booked.

Archived