INDEPENDENT GROUP

MEADOWXI

2 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Their European candidates are hilariously bad. Frances Weetman is top of their NE list and is a genuine moron. 

I doubt if there has been much vetting of their candidates.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/european-elections-change-uk-racism-ali-sadjady-brexit-romania-pickpockets-a8882876.html

I can't remember a more incompetent launch of a party, they're making Farage look like a genius. They still don't have any policies other than not liking Corbyn and wanting a Euro Ref 2. All they'll be doing is splitting the Remainer vote for the Euro elections. And showing that they're rightfully terrified of a GE every interview doesn't inspire confidence, everyone knows it's because they'd be obliterated and kicked off the Westminster gravy train.

Edited by welshbairn

This group is going absolutely no where. Boris Johnson's sister number one on the list for South west England. Fucking hell. 
To paraphrase Vince Cable (remember him ?) they've had their orgasmic spasm and reality is about to bite. They'll get to find out quite soon that having all sorts of pals and promotion in the London media doesn't necessarily translate to electoral gain.

Someone I follow on Twitter has managed to find at least two other MEP candidates engaging in Tommy Robinson apologism or aping his rhetoric on Muslims. They apparently spent a large sum vetting their candidates and some rando on Twitter has managed to unearth more in one afternoon. :lol:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/change-uk-brexit-racism-ali-sadjady-romania-pickpockets-european-elections-a8883241.html

I assume he took this as a source (unless it was just from a random bloke in the pub)

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/5gknxa/anti-pickpocket-police-london-045

He could have had a go at Chileans as well. Very strange to travel that far for a bit of thieving.

According to police, the Chileans are the best, then the Romanians, and then a whole league of nations fills the places for minor honours. This isn't to say there aren't homegrown criminals, but – as with the football – England probably wouldn't make it out of the group stages in a World Cup of snatching.

As I follow PC Darren Bond of the "Oxford Street, Regent Street, Bond Street Pickpocket team" (ORB) on his weekend retail beat, he tells me, "I wouldn't ever say that if you come from certain nations you're here to thieve. That's just not true. But we do see trends – anecdotally, around 70 percent of arrested pickpockets are Romanians or Bulgarians, 10 percent young Algerian males, 5 percent Chileans, etc. The rest would be UK-based thefts. Big city theft is now organised, international crime with bosses and a hierarchy."

Our indigenous pickpockets really need to up their game. 

Edited by Suspect Device

14 minutes ago, Michael W said:

A candidate in Scotland binned as well now for previous tweets. Shambles. 

They are a shambles, however this just highlights the nonsense we have nowadays where everyone's comments, tweets, posts, sense of humour, sarcasm, etc can be and undoubtedly will be, used against you at a later date.

I'm sure all of us here have posted things over the years which could easily be used to "screw us" at some point in the future, it may have been sarcastic, it may have been in jest, it may even be honest views, however the point being that nobody is bulletproof and today's world is an absolute minefield to negotiate without being branded as sexist, racist, bigoted, homophobic or anything else phobic as personally I can't keep up with all the new terminology that seems to be appearing day on day but I'm sure I must be guilty of a few of them, even If I didn't really mean it..............

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

They are a shambles, however this just highlights the nonsense we have nowadays where everyone's comments, tweets, posts, sense of humour, sarcasm, etc can be and undoubtedly will be, used against you at a later date.

I'm sure all of us here have posted things over the years which could easily be used to "screw us" at some point in the future, it may have been sarcastic, it may have been in jest, it may even be honest views, however the point being that nobody is bulletproof and today's world is an absolute minefield to negotiate without being branded as sexist, racist, bigoted, homophobic or anything else phobic as personally I can't keep up with all the new terminology that seems to be appearing day on day but I'm sure I must be guilty of a few of them, even If I didn't really mean it..............

Bigot apologist ^^^

4 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

Our indigenous pickpockets are doing allright as they're managing not to be arrested.

Probably helps that they don't look too Romanian, Algerian or Chilean, perhaps.

25 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Folk can say what they like, they just can't go and do whatever they like without what they said having a bearing on that. If you want to run for public office not doing a racism is a pretty low bar.

People's views can change and things can and often are misconstrued or taken out of context and this does appear to be happening more and more.

Nothing to do with this specific case, however my point is only that nobody is perfect......

2 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

No indeed - I've said some terrible things as a teenager that mercifully pre-dates the internet but in this day and age, at the very least you would expect someone who is trying to run for office to have a look over their social media posts and delete anything that could get them in trouble. I'm baffled why they don't do this.

Yes, that's fair enough as they must surely realise that they'll be under serious scrutiny.

No indeed - I've said some terrible things as a teenager that mercifully pre-dates the internet but in this day and age, at the very least you would expect someone who is trying to run for office to have a look over their social media posts and delete anything that could get them in trouble. I'm baffled why they don't do this.
I watched "Love Thy Neighbour" in 70s and quite enjoyed "It Aint Half Hot Mum" presumably I'm banned from high office ?

5 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/change-uk-brexit-racism-ali-sadjady-romania-pickpockets-european-elections-a8883241.html

I assume he took this as a source (unless it was just from a random bloke in the pub)

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/5gknxa/anti-pickpocket-police-london-045

He could have had a go at Chileans as well. Very strange to travel that far for a bit of thieving.

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

Our indigenous pickpockets are doing allright as they're managing not to be arrested.

Probably helps that they don't look too Romanian, Algerian or Chilean, perhaps.

Fucking foreign pickpockets, coming over here doing our pickpockets out of a job.  Roll on Brexit.

12 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:
39 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

I watched "Love Thy Neighbour" in 70s and quite enjoyed "It Aint Half Hot Mum" presumably I'm banned from high office ?

You're fine, they didn't have the internet in the olden days. I assume you don't randomly shout "bloody wogs" when you're out shopping?