TTGJ’s XI v King Snake McKinnon’s XI: The Hounding/Shame Game Crossover

Can't argue with the sending off at all. Always going to get a second yellow in that situation.

Think McKinnon needs to change the front line. Rudden didn't do an awful lot except his goal obviously and I thought Petra was non existent. Wasn't happy watching us launch balls up to a player who can't hold it up so we need to try something different.

I'd be furious if I was a Morton fan. To play against 10 men for 30 minutes and not have a right go of it shows what's expected of them

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More possession and shots on target despite playing 30 mins with 10 men. Good point for us given the way the game went but you have to feel Morton never really went for the 3 points and barely troubled us in the last 30. Given they are still in with a shout of the play offs I thought we would have been under more pressure towards the end.

Not sure that Falkirk side would be challenging for the league if they started the season in all honesty. Delusional springs to mind.

Hats off for the scenes at the goal. Pitch invasion at 1-1 was pretty special

He booked one of our players for a trip committed by one of our other players. If thats spot on then fecks sake. Was hardly a bad tackle in the match. Probably only mcshanes and yet we're down to ten men for two innocuous fouls. We should be trying to keep 11 v 11 and not sending players off for feck all. Tackle on mclean was worse than dixon  and yet not even a foul was given.

First one was soft but the second was correct. All came from McKenna giving the ball away

2 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

Up until the red I thought it was an even game with Morton dominating the early part of the second half.
The red seemed fair enough and after that we were struggling in a big way but the subs helped us manage the game out well, Morton had a lot of the ball but did very little with it, I was really surprised they didn't go for it a bit more.
A few of our new signings had their worst performances for us tonight. McKenna and Edge were very shaky but both improved after the red.
I think we'll see it as a point gained and we can hopefully see a much improved performance next week.

I think although they had a lot of the ball especially in the 2nd half they had very few real chances.

McKenna was very shaky tonight but as you said so was the Edge and McKenna needs experience beside him to walk him through games.

Happy with a draw given circumstances.

Not sure that Falkirk side would be challenging for the league if they started the season in all honesty. Delusional springs to mind.

Results so far tells you different

Can’t be too unhappy with an away point after going down to ten men with most of the second half left to play.
Seven unbeaten now which is verging on the miraculous given our shambles of a squad before January.
Could do with turning a couple of draws into wins though.

Just now, MarkoRaj said:

I doubt we would have this team if mckinnon had been in charge at the start of the season.  You've got to take what u can get in the january window so whilst some would be there its easier to get players of a better quality in the close season. I would say rays done pretty well getting a side together that has gone unbeaten considering .

sending off, while correct ruined the spectacle to watch as a falkirk fan. still unbeaten in 2019 in 7 games which shows character.

even with 10 men we had 51pc possession and more shots on target. Morton lucky they have a points cushion as they only had 2 shots on target including 30 mins against 10 men at home. tidser and kiltie look decent for them though so should be safe.

Dixon been our best player and will miss Ayr game but Robson good replacement.

i actually will be disappointed if we don't beat Ayr next week at home.

3 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

First one was soft but the second was correct. All came from McKenna giving the ball away

To me was a nothing foul. People seem to think that every foul has to be a yellow card these days.  Dixon had two fouls neither bad tackles and hes off the park.

Rudden must have been into double figures for the amount of fouls he gave away tonight. Red card is 100% spot on. Really difficult to break down a team when they have 10 men behind and not interested in going forward. Out set plays were terrible tonight, most of them nit getting past first player.

No, it’s only really difficult to break them down if you keep three centre backs on the pitch to knock it around aimlessly between themselves at the halfway line for 35 minutes.

If I was a Morton fan I’d be raging with the manager. The opposition are bottom of the league, down to 10 men, on the ropes and look dead on their feet yet he still plays 5 across the back against one striker.

1 minute ago, ka202 said:

If I was a Morton fan I’d be raging with the manager. The opposition are bottom of the league, down to 10 men, on the ropes and look dead on their feet yet he still plays 5 across the back against one striker.

We've been raging with the manager for months.

Archived