How did and would you vote in a second Scottish referendum?

Kejan

Have you changed your mind or not on Scottish independence?  

238 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is what I mean as a comfort blanket,your all right jack attitude is C'est la vie or que sera sera it sounds a bit selfish.
I was posting about the 55% not an individual. 

I'm not adopting an "all right Jack attitude" just pointing out not endorsing Indy hasn't affected my own self belief. I have reservations that Indy and Indy within the EU will bring a raft of financial consequences that will impact on the less well of and not in a good way on the subject of social justice.

[mention=15521]Loondave1[/mention] I think the left have greater momentum down south atm and the direction the SNP have taken Yes since 2014 is dispiriting but it's the scale of the battle required to build a better society that's keeping me as a firm Yes. I don't think Labour are able to actively change Westminster with the level of opposition they're going to face if they end up in government.
Fair enough. I still see the SNP as wishing to manage a broken system rather than fundamentaly alter it. Quite happy for nationalist involvement in a non Tory coalition at Westminster though. I still see this as more likely than a succesful YES vote anytime soon.

9 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:
36 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:
This is what I mean as a comfort blanket,your all right jack attitude is C'est la vie or que sera sera it sounds a bit selfish.

I have reservations that Indy and Indy within the EU will bring a raft of financial consequences that will impact on the less well of and not in a good way on the subject of social justice.

What financial consequences would these be?

I wouldn't say I'm particularly proud to be Scottish either tbh. I'm certainly not "patriotic". I want independence mainly because I don't want us tied to the racist cesspit that England is devolving into. Yaxley-Lennon standing as an MEP ffs. I also find it pretty mental that we couldn't possibly do well as an independent country despite having good infrastructure and natural resources.

The financial conditions of EU membership and costs of Indy would need another helping of Scottish home grown austerity and that burden always falls on the poor one way or another.

20 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

For me there will always be haves and have-nots in society, what do you mean by a better society?

uhhhhh less inequality my dude and not making life utterly miserable for the have-nots.

3 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

I wouldn't say I'm particularly proud to be Scottish either tbh. I'm certainly not "patriotic". I want independence mainly because I don't want us tied to the racist cesspit that England is devolving into. Yaxley-Lennon standing as an MEP ffs. I also find it pretty mental that we couldn't possibly do well as an independent country despite having good infrastructure and natural resources.

You'll be sorry when Count Dankula is an actual Count.

2 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:
6 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

The financial conditions of EU membership and costs of Indy would need another helping of Scottish home grown austerity.

The benefits of both would greatly outweigh the costs. What do you mean by "another helping of Scottish home grown austerity"? The austerity we've had has been forced on us by a government in another country that we didn't vote for.

Have you heard of Brexit?

The benefits of both would greatly outweigh the costs. What do you mean by "another helping of Scottish home grown austerity"? The austerity we've had has been forced on us by a government in another country that we didn't vote for.
Again it is your opinion Indy will produce more cash to spend at Holyrood. I doubt that would be the case and the SGvt would have to start cutting cloth fairly quickly as the reality of post Indy budgeting as a sovereign country became apparent. I remember the stuff about us being one of the richest countries in the world in 2014 being downgraded fairly recently to we will get by once it settles down stuff. I just don't buy it. You do as is your right. I am fully aware of Brexit and I'm also fully aware of a substantial number of SNP voters who voted for the self same Brexit funnily enough.

1 minute ago, Loondave1 said:
14 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

Again it is your opinion Indy will produce more cash to spend at Holyrood. I doubt that would be the case

What is this doubt based on?

Resources maybe but infrastructure I'm not so sure about although it's mainly potholes and Scotrail boiling my pish lately. England is not a "racist cesspit" it has good guys as well, as the 2017 election result showed. It's just too easy to label a whole country.

31 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:
59 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I'm not adopting an "all right Jack attitude" just pointing out not endorsing Indy hasn't affected my own self belief. I have reservations that Indy and Indy within the EU will bring a raft of financial consequences that will impact on the less well of and not in a good way on the subject of social justice.

Is your only debate a financial one and short from living in caves?

1 minute ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I get the inequality gap but for me a classless society and educational culture one is more important.

Liquidiation of the bourgeoisie is a long term goal, yes. Are you advocating a Cultural Revolution?  If so, let's go!