Whitehill welfare 2019/20

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

Were they all guaranteed a game anyway  ? 

WW signed more than just Dalkeith players.

It's a squad game nowadays ? 

Agreed Newcy

hope they werent told they were as most are squad players for you 

36 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Fingers crossed Spyro. It looks like it’s come too late to save LL status but Berwick’s end of season approach could be a blessing in disguise. 

As much as I poo-poo’ed them coming back to Penicuik, 2 of the Penicuik 3 are available... wouldn’t be a bad shout tbh.

I’d happily volunteer to dig a hole for the new lights too, see it as payback for looking after our bikes when my mate n I used to cycle through from Bonnyrigg to watch...and the free pies we got at full time 8)

2 minutes ago, Spyro said:

As much as I poo-poo’ed them coming back to Penicuik, 2 of the Penicuik 3 are available... wouldn’t be a bad shout tbh.

I’d happily volunteer to dig a hole for the new lights too, see it as payback for looking after our bikes when my mate n I used to cycle through from Bonnyrigg to watch...and the free pies we got at full time 8)

You deserved them then whether it was Polton Brae, Pomathorn or Powder Mill :lol:

10 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Think I'll delegate this to @newcastle broon  :whistle

Will you make the AGM Newky seeing as it's a Monday night?

Work permutations have all changed now ,it's no my day off that week so you can now pass on my apologies ;)

1 minute ago, Spyro said:

Get yersel there for the agm on the 24th 7 o c.

The club would like as many people as possible there. 

Just now, The Mantis said:

You deserved them then whether it was Polton Brae, Pomathorn or Powder Mill :lol:

He lived in Polton so sometimes we cycled, other times we booted a ball down the road. I was a Jambo, he was Rangers but even then we preferred the real football! The Burntisland qualifying cup game was epic... think it was the same afternoon as Negri scoring 5 that day and Scotty Severin playing as a striker for Hearts! Good times 8)

8 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Work permutations have all changed now ,it's no my day off that week so you can now pass on my apologies ;)

And you can pass on mine at the same time :lol:

5 minutes ago, Spyro said:

He lived in Polton so sometimes we cycled, other times we booted a ball down the road. 

I often went in the other direction if I missed the school bus. Only way to avoid a couple of the lash :lol:

Just now, The Mantis said:

I often went in the other direction if I missed the school bus. Only way to avoid a couple of the lash :lol:

Aye auld Kilpatrick didn’t miss! Sadly no long with us :( My auntie got talking to Arnie Layden recently though, great school! Although, I was hopeless at football so spend most my time chasing the egg at Lasswade!

Luckily the belt was outlawed before I started or I would’ve been on the wrong end of a few myself!

Tbh I can’t remember much if the games we went to, apart from standing behind the goals getting the bants with the keepers. The guys at the clubhouse were always brilliant which was why we kept going there instead of Rose

Just now, Spyro said:

Aye auld Kilpatrick didn’t miss! Sadly no long with us :( My auntie got talking to Arnie Layden recently though, great school! Although, I was hopeless at football so spend most my time chasing the egg at Lasswade!

Luckily the belt was outlawed before I started or I would’ve been on the wrong end of a few myself!

Tbh I can’t remember much if the games we went to, apart from standing behind the goals getting the bants with the keepers. The guys at the clubhouse were always brilliant which was why we kept going there instead of Rose

Arnie's been deid well over a year now, if it was that recent maybe she was at a seance. 

19 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Arnie's been deid well over a year now, if it was that recent maybe she was at a seance. 

No way! It was about a year ago she mentioned it to me! :(

He wasn’t one of my teachers but I remember all the Terminator jibes, he was well liked by everyone he taught

Edit - She knew about Arnie, it was her other Maths teacher she was talking to... I “must listen more!” Sure that was written on a few report cards! :whistle

Edited by Spyro

16 minutes ago, Spyro said:

No way! It was about a year ago she mentioned it to me! :(

He wasn’t one of my teachers but I remember all the Terminator jibes, he was well liked by everyone he taught

Just checked and the funeral was 11/12/17. I was one of his colleagues but a good bit younger.

40 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Just checked and the funeral was 11/12/17. I was one of his colleagues but a good bit younger.

Yeah it was around that time she spoke to her other maths teacher, which is where I got my wires crossed! He was the only name I recognised from her time there, shows how good a guy he was!

So... you were probably one of mine then, if you did Maths then you’ll know me :unsure: Maybe even one of many who wrote “must listen more” on one of my reports :angel:whistle

1 minute ago, Spyro said:

So... you were probably one of mine then, if you did Maths then you’ll know me :unsure: Maybe even one of many who wrote “must listen more” on one of my reports :angel:whistle

Did ye get chucked oot class though,Surely canny be 2 of us :o

2 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Did ye get chucked oot class though,Surely canny be 2 of us :o

Not quite, I was a good boy. Part of a golden generation of Maths whizzes...the rest done slightly better with their careers though :rolleyes:

Checked my rota and I will be free for the AGM so I’ll try n get over to offer my services 8)

2 hours ago, Spyro said:

Not quite, I was a good boy. Part of a golden generation of Maths whizzes...the rest done slightly better with their careers though :rolleyes:

Checked my rota and I will be free for the AGM so I’ll try n get over to offer my services 8)

Newky had many faults but his behaviour wisnae one of them. Never got chucked out, he just wants to be remembered as a bit of a lad :whistle

1 hour ago, The Mantis said:

Newky had many faults but his behaviour wisnae one of them. Never got chucked out, he just wants to be remembered as a bit of a lad :whistle

:lol: you teachers ruined my fitba career tae wi an overtime ban #alotopoliticsbackthen  :P

49 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

:lol: you teachers ruined my fitba career tae wi an overtime ban #alotopoliticsbackthen  :P

No such problems nowadays Newky ... more silverware this season than Buckingham Palace :P