English Premier League 2019-20

1 minute ago, throbber said:

You are opting out of serious debate here with your carry on.

You started your 'debate' by claiming I have an anti Liverpool agenda before going on to say they never had a ten point lead.. but they were ten points ahead. 

I tend not to enter serious conversations with idiots or fantasists. It's mainly why Rab gets rubbered, too. 

4 minutes ago, Dele said:

You started your 'debate' by claiming I have an anti Liverpool agenda before going on to say they never had a ten point lead.. but they were ten points ahead. 

I tend not to enter serious conversations with idiots or fantasists. It's mainly why Rab gets rubbered, too. 

You rubber me Del because you’ve been rinsed that many times. 

Retirement in the dog walking thread beckons 🐕

5 minutes ago, throbber said:

You know exactly what I mean about the 10 point stuff with City having a game in hand and rather than discuss how you think Liverpool bottled it last season you are going round in circles and resorting to petty insults.

I am more than happy to hear how someone thinks a team that finished on 97 points and only lost one game all season can be considered bottlers. As far as I’m concerned it was two of the best teams ever to play on the Premiership having incredible seasons but sadly someone had to finish second.

Exactly Throbber. It was a fantastic season and full credit to Manchester for edging it. Liverpool of course went on and lifted the biggest prize in European football :)

It looks like being another fantastic title race. Liverpool with the early advantage but some difficult fixtures ahead. Wouldn’t be surprised if it went to the final day again. 

13 minutes ago, throbber said:

I am more than happy to hear how someone thinks a team that finished on 97 points and only lost one game all season can be considered bottlers. 

Because they had a ten (10) point lead over their nearest opponents, well into the season.

it really is that simple.

5 minutes ago, Warren Mears said:

The ten point lead stuff is disingenuous obviously, and needless given losing the seven point lead the way they did doesn't exactly shower them in glory.

They lost by the finest of margins away to Man City at the beginning of January and drew at home to Leicester and away to Manchester U, West Ham and the Ev. Won everything else. The highest runners up total of all time. 

They were certainly showered in glory at the end of the season mind you :)

3 minutes ago, throbber said:

It really isn’t/wasn’t that simple though.

We are going round in circles now and it's all a bit pointless. End of the day Liverpool won nothing. The poster who claimed their lead now is huge just needed reminded that they had double that last season. Long way to go.

13 minutes ago, throbber said:

We did go round In circles but you blatantly disregarded the fact that city had a game in hand with your 10 point carry on,and the fact that Liverpool still had city away coming up making it a 4 point lead in no time at all.

I didn't disregard it. Teams would rather have points on the board. When they went ten points ahead did Klopp come out and say "well, actually, it's only 7. Man City are playing tomorrow. Then it'll probably be 4 because, you know, we have to go to City". 

They had a ten point lead because they had secured more points than City. Ten more, to be precise. They bottled it and threw away the title as at the seasons end, they lost more points than City did. It doesn't matter a single jot that they won 9 games in a row, they threw it away before that. 

Edited by Dele

1 minute ago, Dele said:

I didn't disregard it. Teams would rather have points on the board. When they went ten points ahead did Klopp come out and say "well, actually, it's only 7. Man City are playing tomorrow. Then it'll probably be 4 because, you know, we have to go to City". 

They had a ten point lead because they had secured more points than City. Ten more, to be precise. They bottled it and threw away the title as at the seasons end, they lost more points than City did. It doesn't matter a single jot that they won 9 games in a row, they threw it away before that. 

No they didn’t.