English Premier League 2019-20

Thought McGinn was average at best last night, lost possession a lot. In fact most of the Villa team did, seemed unable to string more than a couple of passes together. Grealish seemed to be better defensively than he did attacking. 

Was a really poor game. 

5 hours ago, LondonHMFC said:

Thought McGinn was average at best last night, lost possession a lot. In fact most of the Villa team did, seemed unable to string more than a couple of passes together. Grealish seemed to be better defensively than he did attacking. 

Was a really poor game. 

80% of the games in the EPL are utterly honkin.

Guest Moomintroll
Monday night stalemate. 
Stones out for 4-5 weeks Rab, will this help or hinder your closest rivals for the title? Packed schedule ahead so with Laporte out until next year this might be a pivotal moment for you buggers to finally win it.

6 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
21 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:
Monday night stalemate. 

Stones out for 4-5 weeks Rab, will this help or hinder your closest rivals for the title? Packed schedule ahead so with Laporte out until next year this might be a pivotal moment for you buggers to finally win it.

I didn’t know that Moomin that’s a further blow for them. This is a tough one for Liverpool this weekend just hoping they can keep this good start going. 

Guest Moomintroll
I didn’t know that Moomin that’s a further blow for them. This is a tough one for Liverpool this weekend just hoping they can keep this good start going. 
Loving the Sam Smith "they" Rab. I will keep you honest as long as I can, which, to be fair will not be long.

55 minutes ago, throbber said:

They finished ahead of the European champions domestically?

Na. That still makes them best in England. If you arent taking it as winners of the European cup, then by what measure are they better than Barca or Juventus or Ajax?

Na. That still makes them best in England. If you arent taking it as winners of the European cup, then by what measure are they better than Barca or Juventus or Ajax?

Having a better season domestically than the Champions of Europe still makes a worthy argument for them being the best team in Europe, by what measure could you argue that Real Madrid, Barca or Juventus are better than Man City? It’s all about opinions when the teams aren’t in the same league.

Having a better season domestically than the Champions of Europe still makes a worthy argument for them being the best team in Europe, by what measure could you argue that Real Madrid, Barca or Juventus are better than Man City? It’s all about opinions when the teams aren’t in the same league.

Well Liverpool are ahead of City in the league and were before the Norwich game. So what we are suggesting then is that last seasons final league positions are more relevant than the current league positions AND European cup performance?

Naw.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Villa won the European Cup in 1982 but finished 11th in the league, below the likes of Swansea and Southampton. 

I'm very delighted that we won it, but it's a a bit of a stretch to claim that we were the best team in Europe that year. 

Villa won the European Cup in 1982 but finished 11th in the league, below the likes of Swansea and Southampton. 
I'm very delighted that we won it, but it's a a bit of a stretch to claim that we were the best team in Europe that year. 
There is literally f**k all to quantify them as the best team in Europe. Its Guardiola/EPL fanboyism.

Dont get me wrong, its not a big deal. Just a comment I thought was shite. You could say we have already spent longer on it than it deserves, but then where would this site be without pointless and petty arguments?

Well Liverpool are ahead of City in the league and were before the Norwich game. So what we are suggesting then is that last seasons final league positions are more relevant than the current league positions AND European cup performance?

Naw.

The season is only 5 matches in though, if you look at games won/goals difference etc over the last 12 months and compare City to Barcelona, Juventus etc then City will come out on top. I get what you’re saying about the annoying way the presenters on Sky sports chop and change their narrative depending on how well the English teams are doing in Europe but City and Liverpool are probably the 2 best teams in Europe just now.