English Premier League 2019-20

2 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Seems like Watford are set to sack Nigel Pearson. I think he's a p***k but that'll be the 3rd manager they've sacked this season - have the owners ever considered that maybe the manager isn't the problem?

Hopefully they get relegated.

Yeah just heard them mention this during the Bournemouth game. 

What a basket case of a club 

I'm no fan, but it seems pretty odd timing. They looked dead and buried when he arrived but now find themselves in a good position to stay up. He's done exactly what was asked of him. Given his reputation for falling out with people I'd imagine something has gone on behind the scenes.

43 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Seems like Watford are set to sack Nigel Pearson. I think he's a p***k but that'll be the 3rd manager they've sacked this season - have the owners ever considered that maybe the manager isn't the problem?

Hopefully they get relegated.

Pearson may be a p***k but he's got them from being relegation certs for to likely survivors. I'd love to see Troy Deeney relegated. He's just a gobby arsehole. 

ETA - Would Watford bring back Marco Silva at this late stage? Or even "Big Sam" Allardyce?  I hope that Tony Pulis is brought in. He's just what these clowns deserve. 

Edited by Bishop Briggs

1 minute ago, DAVIDB69 said:

That second might relegate them unless Watford get a couple of hidings

They're four goals behind Watford, and the only outcome that has them catching Watford involves them winning once and Watford losing twice. Therefore all that is required is that any one of those three results is by more than one goal.

I mean, Watford have Arsenal and City while Bournemouth have a hapless Everton although they've not lost at Goodison under Ancelotti. I don't think they'll stay up but it's not as clear-cut as it seems.

1 minute ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Not quite. 

Watford need to lose both their games which takes their goal difference at best  to -25. Bournemouth also need to win their last game - which now would bring their goal difference at worst to -26.

2-0 and 1-0 losses for Watford and 1-0 win for Bournemouth is enough to put Bournemouth above Watford on goals scored. 

And of course, Villa are still in the equation. 

25 minutes ago, The Master said:

How about this for a scenario: Villa crash and burn, then

Watford 2-3 Man City
Arsenal 4-2 Watford
Everton 0-1 Bournemouth 

Too kind to Watford who rarely score more than one against teams in the top half.

Arsenal and City could, or should win, by bigger margins.