English Premier League 2019-20

Guest DAVIDB69
They're getting linked with James Maddison for £100m to. He'll finish higher up the table if he stays with Leicester City.

Would he leave a team chance of qualifying for the champions league to a team unlikely to be in Europe at all

Guest DAVIDB69
That starting line up from Man Utd today must be the worst they have ever put out for a premier league game.
To think of the money they have laid out to get in this position Is mind blowing. 

A carabao cup type line up is now their first 11

Bare with me, I don't watch much English Football.

Last night, I thought I take in the Utdx2 game as I saw that Tommy was playing and I had not seen much of him apart from playing with Scotland.

Didn't expect much as both teams are struggling (league don't lie).

That was god offal stuff, passes going amiss all over the part from both teams, that Man U team is a shambles, no threat up front, no skillful player in midfield and  a few dodgy defenders.  How far they have fallen. It's early 80's style. Ole loolks about 20 year older, than when he became the manager.

As folk have said above, this will take years for them to get back, if ever again, to compete with the likes of Tottenham & Arsenal, never mind the big boys.

Finances are doing good, which seems to the target at the moment, however, that will start to dry up, the Asia market (which I see first hand) moves very quickly to other teams, there is no loyalty here. 

As for Tommy, he was dross

Edited by SlipperyP

8 hours ago, GordonS said:

Amen. But the squad wasn't great under Ferguson, it's just that he was a ridiculously good manager. He was able to wring performances out of individuals and the team that no-one else could have. His presence, authority, intensity, consistency, expectations and motivational skills made a barely top four squad champions against wildly higher spending opponents.

The squad was better than it is now, of course. Who's the second best player in their books?

I say all that and I never really liked the guy...

The one thing Fergie had going for him is that man united were by far and away the most attractive club in english football, and one of the most attractive in the world as well as being minted, fergie was dropping 30mill on rio ferdinand while there nearest rivals in english football werent spending half that 

Fergie was an astounding man manager, but he wasnt the best in the market either, he was lucky that the others couldnt match them financially, think of all the guys like barthez, bebe, veron etc that united spunked silly money on, they were rotten but united survives it due to have the financial muscle to buy the obviously talented players like Rooney, vidic, ferdinand, etc

19 minutes ago, Dele said:

This might be rich coming from me but lay off the drink Slippery ffs. 

Dr. Dele talks shite again. 

This maybe be heatshot, but stop kidding yourself as Dundee fan. Loyal to all.,

1 hour ago, SlipperyP said:

Dr. Dele talks shite again. 

This maybe be heatshot, but stop kidding yourself as Dundee fan. Loyal to all.,

1 hour ago, Dele said:

This might be rich coming from me but lay off the drink Slippery ffs. 

39 minutes ago, throbber said:

I find it impossible not to hate Man Utd, they are an absolute fucking disgrace for so many reasons.

i see where you're coming from, but more important, will you have a drink today

6 minutes ago, throbber said:

What an utterly bizarre post.

See above posts.

Sorry Throbs. I really don't care what you do, however Dele seems to intrude into posters drinking habits. Again, sorry to get you involved. The guys a rocket, with nothing in life apart from picking at posters all over the forum.

Don’t be sorry , I just didn’t understand why you asked that and it wasn’t football related. I’ll probably abstain from drinking until the weekend, took it too far last night as I tend to do on Sundays!

See above posts.
Sorry Throbs. I really don't care what you do, however Dele seems to intrude into posters drinking habits. Again, sorry to get you involved. The guys a rocket, with nothing in life apart from picking at posters all over the forum.

I quite liked Dele in his previous guises, but as Dele he’s just another in a growing list of folk who’ve been #Rab’d.