Summer Transfer Window 19-20

5 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Everton seemingly after Rojo for £25m. I'd imagine that will mean Keane and Mina will be first choice.

Possibly. Keane looks better as the right CB. 

I wonder if United tried to sell Jones but Everton preferred  Rojo.

It looks like Holgate will be the other CB.

There's still a lot of dross, especially forwards, to be cleared out at Everton.

Edited by Bishop Briggs

There's still a lot of dross, especially forwards, to be cleared out at Everton.
No Rojo now, but Iwobi could be back on.
Holgate, Keane, Mina and youngsters isn't a great selection.

19 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

No Rojo now, but Iwobi could be back on.
Holgate, Keane, Mina and youngsters isn't a great selection.

£35 million for Iwobi (Sky say the deal sheet has been submitted) is utter madness.. 

Silva should have sorted his defence as priority rather than desperately going after United's dross this week.

Edited by Bishop Briggs

7 hours ago, TheScarf said:

It's a good loophole to be fair, pay these guys 20k a week for a year to sit in the stand every game.  No win bonus or appearance bonus needing paid either.

Wright was reported to be on £7k a week for his 4 years at City.

This stuff sort of puts paid to the nonsense about "footballers want to play football". Some of them clearly are happy sitting on their arse every weekend.

2 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Apparently Man Utd tried to get West Ham to agree to swap Diop for Jones & £30m. I think they said they'd take Martial and the money but that didn't go through.

£25million. Pretty much on keeping with the English market, I’d say.
Considering what they got for van dijk it's a cracking bit of business for celtic.
This stuff sort of puts paid to the nonsense about "footballers want to play football". Some of them clearly are happy sitting on their arse every weekend.
I'm sure we would all take 7k a week to sit on our arses at that age.

20 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Stuart Taylor was the ultimate Home grown quota filler, in a 19 year career he played a total of 95 competitive games, warming the benches and stands of the likes of Arsenal, Man City, and Aston Villa. 

At least Wright had a good career at some point before finishing it off getting paid to do f**k all. 

Edited by senorsoupe

22 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

How the f**k have Man Utd managed to get £74 million for Lukaku? He can destroy McKenna and pals, but for Inter Milan? Not so sure that’s a great use of money.

That's a fantastic bit of business for Man U

On the subject of Lukaku and Inter, he's been given the number 9 shirt, which has been Icardi's number.  Presumably this means Icardi will be on his way out, it's not like he's been a model teammate throughout his career and he's pissed of Inter's Ultra's over the years

Edited by senorsoupe

Noticed that Shinji Kagawa signed for Real Zaragoza. Could be a very decent signing for them.

Can't say I've seen much of Kagawa over the last couple of years but always thought he was a decent player. Surprised no one in any of the top leagues took him.