Summer Transfer Window 19-20

Guest Moomintroll

They haven’t spent much recently so apparently FFP allows them to spend up to about 600m before even selling a player.
I know, much as I dislike PSG & Shitty, I was having a grump about Javier Tebas. They appear to be burning through that 600m pretty quickly with the players they have already signed & who they are being linked to even before you consider the fee that Chelsea will demand for Hazard. Undoubtedly the t-shirt salesman will fund a lot of that by paying way over the odds for Bale.

11 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Paris Saint-Germain announce Gianluigi Buffon will leave the club.

I wonder if another big club will take a punt on him?  Not sure he would want to play for a small team unless he decides to finish his career at Parma where it started

10 hours ago, Moomintroll said:
11 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:
F12C3B54-3140-470D-BE04-B0915F285776.thumb.jpeg.0145bec7d413073377472beb28f42b1c.jpeg

Hmm, exactly how many players are going to the Madrilenos next season. The powers that be in La Liga really need to take a look at how they are funding these transfers.

They are the two richest clubs in the world and bring in more revenue than every other club in the game.  That's how they fund it, not like Man City or PSG who live wildly beyond their means and bend the rules routinely.

29 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Tottenham Hotspur have confirmed that goalkeeper Michel Vorm has left the club.

He was very well paid for a 3rd choice who rarely played during his time at Spurs. He'll probably end up in the stands at a Championship club or Celtic.

40 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

He was finished about 3 years ago

That'll be why Barca are signing him...

Man City apparently signing Cancelo for £50m, from what I've seen of him, that's an absolutely massive upgrade on Walker. If they can get De Light beside Laporte, and find a left back, theyd have somehow managed to have a better squad than last season.

Eden Hazard has completed his move to Real Madrid - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48548361.

ETA - 5 year deal. Transfer deal could exceed £150 million!

"He is Real's third signing after the arrivals of striker Luka Jovic from Eintracht Frankfurt for a fee reported to be in excess of £50m and defender Eder Militao from Porto for 50m euros (£42.7m)."

Can they afford Christian Eriksen too? This is PSG levels of spending.

Edited by Bishop Briggs

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

That'll be why Barca are signing him...

Man City apparently signing Cancelo for £50m, from what I've seen of him, that's an absolutely massive upgrade on Walker. If they can get De Light beside Laporte, and find a left back, theyd have somehow managed to have a better squad than last season.

Mendy was decent at Monaco and Zinchenko has improved steadily with experience.

De Ligt would be a replacement for Otamendi. Rumours say that he will be punted but to dumping Stones would be my priority. 

Eden Hazard has completed his move to Real Madrid - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48548361.
ETA - 5 year deal. Transfer deal could exceed £150 million!
"He is Real's third signing after the arrivals of striker Luka Jovic from Eintracht Frankfurt for a fee reported to be in excess of £50m and defender Eder Militao from Porto for 50m euros (£42.7m)."
Can they afford Christian Eriksen too? This is PSG levels of spending.

Can’t remember where... but I read they can spend about 600 mill this summer before ffp becomes an issue this summer? Could be a lie, just repeating what I read. Surely they will sell one or two of bale isco james. Could be some good signings there for teams

4 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Mendy was decent at Monaco and Zinchenko has improved steadily with experience.

Mendy is always injured. 

Zinchenko moving up from catastrophic to really bloody awful in terms of ability at LB is never going to be good enough - no matter how many soundbites they give the media. They will be desperate to upgrade there. 

48 minutes ago, Dele said:

Mendy is always injured. 

Zinchenko moving up from catastrophic to really bloody awful in terms of ability at LB is never going to be good enough - no matter how many soundbites they give the media. They will be desperate to upgrade there. 

Mendys quality and fit

13 hours ago, JamieStevenson said:

Going to be a very interesting season in La Liga. Real Madrid and Barcelona will significantly strengthen. However Atletico Madrid will lose their two best players and will struggle to find adequate replacements.

Oblak, Rodri and Gimenez were Atleti's best players last season. All three are staying (unless Rodri goes to City).

Godin is a loss and it's the right time for Griezmann to go. He didn't have a particularly great season and far too often went missing in big games. 

Agree that it will be an interesting season, most likely with the big two fighting it out. If Real finish outside the top two for the third year in a row it would be a disaster for them.

18 hours ago, Tartan Dave said:

Can’t remember where... but I read they can spend about 600 mill this summer before ffp becomes an issue this summer? Could be a lie, just repeating what I read. Surely they will sell one or two of bale isco james. Could be some good signings there for teams

They've apparently "only" spent ~£130m in the past two (three?) seasons, so have plenty of room.