Cove Thread

36 minutes ago, Moorie said:

Yes was speaking to a boy at work who’s loons team trains on the pitch. Someone on the ground staff was saying they god rid of them due to no having value/making money off them.

that case who’s covering the bill for the two stands and will the ticket prices go up even if still in league 1?

Apparently the company who owned them had another job for them. Probably some county show down in darkest Englandshire. Hope they like sitting on jagged seats as walking past the goal on Tuesday there are plenty of shards whose matching piece is now wedged into someone’s backside in Shropshire. 

Hard to say what the costs are, as someone involved in infrastructure projects (not football) I would say it would be way cheaper than it would have been when the stands went up by 5 figures and I suspect it will come in well under 6. 

So when I play football manager normally the fans protest and cost me my job, does that happen in real life. 

Asking for… reasons.

On 07/03/2024 at 21:18, Watson Nimrod said:

I think your intentions are genuine rather than disingenuous like a good few of your brethren so here is my response … 

Yes, it’s disappointing with the lack of community engagement, particularly around match day involvement. There has been a little bit but it’s nowhere near good enough and there are a group of us who are constantly calling the club out about that ….. they have taken some of the critique on board but it’s not enough. I generally copy and paste my posts on here in my own name on the clubs social media channels as do others. It’s important to keep it positive. 

This trope about investors pulling out etc is kind of old hat. Our directors and our patrons are in this for the long haul and there are others in the wings who are quietly putting their money in. Yes it’s a boys club for jobber oil industry types on a Saturday afternoon, but these contracts between some of them are still often 7 figures and our significant benefactors are still heavily involved in the North Sea. Some kind of sustainability will eventually have to be achieved but that takes time too. In my ideal world we would create a product that is attractive to corporates and families alike. This season has seen stagnation and with stagnation you have to look at new ideas. 

What’s often forgotten that 600+ very often turned up to Allan Park on a Saturday and that hasn’t really changed. There are a new generation coming through and we have to embrace them and give them something to encourage their pals to come along too. We can grow the product but we have to be clever and exploit opportunities other than corporate. 

Now, you know the football under Hartley is shit so that is a bit disingenuous but I can let that go! He does have a knack of grinding out results but his style is not what we want, nor is his presence long term. Him and his ‘coaching team’ have a horrendous air of negativity around them and I would ship them all out. The management team at our local rivals were the in the ‘directors box’ on Tuesday. I would take them in a heartbeat. 

A youth set up is coming but Rome wasn’t built in a day.

Falkirk have had money pumped in from a variety of benefactors so that is a bit of glasshouses. I’ve already said several times that the FFC team this season I’m fairly sure would challenge in the Championship easily. 

We are in no different a situation than 4/5 clubs in this division, it’s about the future decisions of those in charge that will influence where we are in 10 years. Personally I think that will be between L1 and the Championship. 

Nope no benefactors have pumped money into Falkirk... unless you know something our support doesn't.. the Balmoral group have given you a facility within their complex which would be fine for HL or at a push L3..its a horrible place to watch football 

3 minutes ago, Hugh Hillshaveyes said:

Nope no benefactors have pumped money into Falkirk... unless you know something our support doesn't.. the Balmoral group have given you a facility within their complex which would be fine for HL or at a push L3..its a horrible place to watch football 

So to nitpick…

HL would be the equivalent of L3 if you were to look at it on a tier level.

The Stadium is named after Balmoral but not on their complex, just happens to be near by.

But yes, not a good place to watch football.  Good O2 signal though.

No Ola in your squad yesterday and spare places on your bench too

Is Ola injured, or has Hartley spat the dummy with him having had a wee celebration up the tunnel with his mates on Tuesday night ?

3 hours ago, NUMBER 7 said:

No Ola in your squad yesterday and spare places on your bench too

Is Ola injured, or has Hartley spat the dummy with him having had a wee celebration up the tunnel with his mates on Tuesday night ?

Probably the latter although I'm not in the know. In the fleeting minutes we've seen of him he doesn't look the type of player we need and definitely doesn't suit the style of play we're enduring right now.

13 minutes ago, Watson Nimrod said:

Interesting some of the rumours today coming from fairly reliable sources. 

Could he actually be on his way? 

14 months of brutality is enough for me and nearly ever other Cove fan so fingers crossed the rumours are in fact true. @Ludo*1 would create us a poll and I'll happily contribute to next manager suggestions.

Would need to be a clean break. No moving him upstairs or into any other role.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

1 minute ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

14 months of brutality is enough for me and nearly ever other Cove fan so fingers crossed the rumours are in fact true. @Ludo*1 will create us a poll and I'll happily contribute to next manager suggestions.

Send me a DM - or just spit names on this thread - as I've not really got a source of info for Cove since they don't have a club forum.

I'm very disappointed it's not worked out for Hartley. Genuinely believed he had the potential to be a top, top manager when he was with us and thought he'd rebound once he left us but Falkirk, Hartlepool and now you lads the second time round is just one shitshow too many to recover from.

35 minutes ago, Watson Nimrod said:

Interesting some of the rumours today coming from fairly reliable sources. 

Could he actually be on his way? 

If the gods are good!

10 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Send me a DM - or just spit names on this thread - as I've not really got a source of info for Cove since they don't have a club forum.

I'm very disappointed it's not worked out for Hartley. Genuinely believed he had the potential to be a top, top manager when he was with us and thought he'd rebound once he left us but Falkirk, Hartlepool and now you lads the second time round is just one shitshow too many to recover from.

I'll think of some potential candidates and send you a DM in case it turns out to be true. I'm not convinced the board will make a ballsy decision although it needs to be done. 2 years left on his contract is hard to stomach

6 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

I'll think of some potential candidates and send you a DM in case it turns out to be true. I'm not convinced the board will make a ballsy decision although it needs to be done. 2 years left on his contract is hard to stomach

I'm surprised to read that Hartley has 2 years left on his contract.  Genuinely didn't know his deal was so long.  Do you think your board are capable (unlike ours who clearly aren't) of binning him if necessary?

11 hours ago, Katboy said:

I'm surprised to read that Hartley has 2 years left on his contract.  Genuinely didn't know his deal was so long.  Do you think your board are capable (unlike ours who clearly aren't) of binning him if necessary?

3.5 year deal. I mean, granted he took us up twice (with a largely inherited squad) but then he left us and then flopped down the road and with his stock touching the floor we offered him an unlikely lifeline back into the game; 18 month deal would have been more than sufficient but no.

Even with past concerns about his ability to recruit and moreso rebuild, I must admit i never envisaged it would be as bad as it has been. 

It would be the right decision in my eyes, and for every Cove fan I know. Won't be cheap to terminate his contract.

Many didn't want him back at all. Pivotal time for us trying to move to FT; needs the right man to progress us and unfortunately it's not Hartley.

Heard Kettlewell was in contention when we took in McIntyre. I do wonder who we would attract now.With the right budget it could still be sought after.

Feel for you lads too. Bartley's time was up many many weeks/months ago and still hasn't got the bullet. With us there's a legacy and connection with manager / board and with you there's a board who are scarpering and seemingly unwilling to make any kind of call. Both result in staleness.

Hopefully you do enough to avoid 9th and get it right next.

A delayed post match / "galvanising" speech suggests that Hartley is here a little bit longer. He's clearly despondent, frustrated with how things are going but does seem to have a different demeanor, almost like he knows his fate if he doesn't achieve his pending goal. We're back to playing cup finals, fck me we've played more of them in the last 14 months than Barcelona have in the last couple of decades.

https://youtu.be/h_o7u1DL-JE?si=Pzg-4VP1veSlrc8l

We're in a situation that if we don't have anyone lined up then we may aswell give him the next 8 games and then relieve him of his duties. 

I certainly don't have full belief in this group of players and doubt any other fans do. Defence is beyond pathetic and will continually let us down in the remaining games. Conceded 27 in our last 14 league games, 7 losses, 3 draws and 3 wins for 12 points from 42 available.

Sadly the mitigating factor is his recruitment and it has let him down massively. There's little evidence or trust left amongst the fans that he will ever be able to correct that and now it's too risky to give him another window. We need freshness, someone to really spur the club forward on all fronts.

A new manager is not a guarantee everything turns out rosey but a change is needed.

I watched the 20 second preview clip on Facebook and couldn’t bring myself to watch the full video.

While I agree with the above comment about just letting him ride out the rest of the season and bin him in the summer, I would rather rip the plaster off and get it done just to make sure he doesn’t somehow manage to stick around over the break.

Can’t see the attendances being good for the rest of the season either.

17 minutes ago, Jo9 said:

I watched the 20 second preview clip on Facebook and couldn’t bring myself to watch the full video.

While I agree with the above comment about just letting him ride out the rest of the season and bin him in the summer, I would rather rip the plaster off and get it done just to make sure he doesn’t somehow manage to stick around over the break.

Can’t see the attendances being good for the rest of the season either.

We are delaying what should be the inevitable. There would be an even further disengagement and unrest amongst the fans if he gets another window / start of season. He had success with us but now everything is beyond stale and given its he who picked all the players and he who trains them full time the blame lies solely at his door this time.

Relegation and missing the playoffs, if it happens, is FAR more than his precedessor would have got. Even if we were to make the playoffs we need change.

Interesting. All is not well at all and I’m sure it will unravel fairly quickly if results don’t start coming. Saturday was as poor as we have been in the SPFL and it’s been coming a while. Annan should have beaten us 3-1 and if that had happened we would have been in a relegation battle. Alloa thrashed us and those of us there thought it couldn’t get much worse. 

I heard from several sources that he was going which may have been BS or there has been a change of heart, it’s a big contract to have to pay off for a club our size which is the elephant in the room.

Someone needs to get a grip and show some leadership. Both Golding and Gallagher ran the show for Elgin again on Saturday, at the very least get Golding back. We have FA options on the bench or for freshening things up. 2 sides to every story and Hartley and his Neanderthal coaching staff might be the ones with the attitude problem(s). We need to throw everything at this as does Hartley to save his job.   

8 minutes ago, Watson Nimrod said:

Interesting. All is not well at all and I’m sure it will unravel fairly quickly if results don’t start coming. Saturday was as poor as we have been in the SPFL and it’s been coming a while. Annan should have beaten us 3-1 and if that had happened we would have been in a relegation battle. Alloa thrashed us and those of us there thought it couldn’t get much worse. 

I heard from several sources that he was going which may have been BS or there has been a change of heart, it’s a big contract to have to pay off for a club our size which is the elephant in the room.

Someone needs to get a grip and show some leadership. Both Golding and Gallagher ran the show for Elgin again on Saturday, at the very least get Golding back. We have FA options on the bench or for freshening things up. 2 sides to every story and Hartley and his Neanderthal coaching staff might be the ones with the attitude problem(s). We need to throw everything at this as does Hartley to save his job.   

Were you at Elgin on Saturday?

1 hour ago, Watson Nimrod said:

Yeah this could be reminiscent of Cormack giving Goodwin one more match and him famously strolling across Easter Road pitch, bag over shoulder having been punted minutes after the full time whistle. Could that happen at Kelty or the week after at Balmoral when Accies come to town?

The board were completely blinkered giving him a 3.5 year deal. Unnecessary and clearly hard for them to stomach now, needs done though. Even the board returning back to giving him a warchest and allowing him to fish in a lake rather than a puddle wouldn't guarantee anything going by his last 2 windows. I don't think there is an attraction to play under Hartley and players will go elsewhere for the same money. 

Agreed, IF we are really serious, recall our players, give ourselves our best chance of getting into the playoffs.

Fans don't want him any longer, don't see that changing. I don't for one second think he isn't giving it his all but the brutal stance is he's failed since returning 

Screenshot_20240312_134422_Chrome.jpg