Cove Thread

30 minutes ago, Moorie said:

I see that Mr Cobban has checked himself into Banks o Dee. I doubt he’s threes to use the gym.

looks like he’s off then 

Wonder how long this jolly will last.

5 hours ago, Moorie said:

I see that Mr Cobban has checked himself into Banks o Dee. I doubt he’s threes to use the gym.

looks like he’s off then 

Terry is a good loon who brought a lot of folk and players into Cove Rangers. 2 affa strong personalities were going to eventually clash. Folk come and go in fitba just look at our pals at Pittodrie, at Cove one leaves another seemingly has come along as if by magic! Like many others he wanted a change of manager, almost got his way too. Dinna really comment much so I will leave you 3 loons to talking shite about players who will never sign in a million years, stupidly passing on ‘rumours’ you hear from a very disgruntled ex player and being generally passive aggressive when folk disagree. Cove haven’t got many fans (anyone heard how ST Renewals are going?) so suspect if things go on the same trajectory as last season you boys will need to stick together. Cheers Terry for the ACE moments! 

Edited by Bieldside Boy

11 hours ago, Bieldside Boy said:

Terry is a good loon who brought a lot of folk and players into Cove Rangers. 2 affa strong personalities were going to eventually clash. Folk come and go in fitba just look at our pals at Pittodrie, at Cove one leaves another seemingly has come along as if by magic! Like many others he wanted a change of manager, almost got his way too. Dinna really comment much so I will leave you 3 loons to talking shite about players who will never sign in a million years, stupidly passing on ‘rumours’ you hear from a very disgruntled ex player and being generally passive aggressive when folk disagree. Cove haven’t got many fans (anyone heard how ST Renewals are going?) so suspect if things go on the same trajectory as last season you boys will need to stick together. Cheers Terry for the ACE moments! 

There is a certain sense of enjoyable irony to this post.

9 hours ago, Jo9 said:

There is a certain sense of enjoyable irony to this post.

Just to clear something up for you in particular tho the manager did hold on to his job by a ba hair, not quite directly after the Montrose game mind, a few players and ex players got a bit carried away on WhatsAp and the gullible one on here couldn’t help himself. The manager will now be here till his contract expires unless someone refills the biscuit tin. Like I say you boys play nice, you are all good loons and the club will need your support xx 

Edited by Bieldside Boy

I have a bad feeling about Saturday, its a game I would have hoped to have got a result from when the fixtures were announced but based on our performance against Spartans and their performance against Dunfermline if we have another showing like we did on Tuesday I can see the Livi game being a very quiet affair.

Fair play to Cove getting Aberdeen up for Blair. Step in right direction of what a testimonial game should be compared to the last two.

will imagine will be a scramble for to tickets. I’ll have to call a favour in to Mr and Mrs Yule 😆

C6AE3C68-D5F9-48FC-A91D-C1FDD9049FF5.jpeg

The cub and officials should have nothing to do with arranging testimonials for tax reasons. The player will have an independent testimonial committee.

15 away fans by my count.

Not saying this is fan shaming way just noting the number

Edit: just saw 9 more

Edited by Jo9

Hopefully the 24 had a great day out worth sitting on that motorway for an hour or so. There were a lot of auld (and new) faces at Forfar so some positives from there and more yesterday with the result. It was a tough watch last season particularly the second half and a lot of folk won’t have been used to that. Spartans didn’t help either. Mr Hartley needs a few older heeds in the building before Saturday to boost the season book numbers and our League ambitions I suspect. 

Just finished the Cove section on the Terraces 7.5 hour lower league preview (Coves part kicks in at about 3hours 37 minutes)

Definitely a bit more positive than I expected and I think they captured the overall feeling from fans about the club perfectly.

Gal likely signing with Elgin on a permanent deal according to the Elgin thread. Announcement at 6.45 on X.

Hartley giving game time to Darge over him is unforgivable to me. My guess, and it's a pure guess, is Gal out means Finlay Marshall in on loan from Aberdeen.

Granted I only saw him twice, but I'm really surprised that Mark Gallagher didn't get much of a chance at Cove. He looked like one of the best midfielders in League Two last season when I saw him. I know this division is a step up - but he'd have been someone (if we'd moved a wee bit further north so it worked for him!) who I'd have been chuffed to see at The Rock.

14 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Granted I only saw him twice, but I'm really surprised that Mark Gallagher didn't get much of a chance at Cove. He looked like one of the best midfielders in League Two last season when I saw him. I know this division is a step up - but he'd have been someone (if we'd moved a wee bit further north so it worked for him!) who I'd have been chuffed to see at The Rock.

Hartley alienating players strikes again. Got lots of attributes for quite a blended and all round midfielder. Great age, 23, as well and should only improve. He should stroll L2. Allan Hale doing a fine job since taking over in my opinion 

Edited by CoveRangers1922