Cove Thread

12 hours ago, Watson Nimrod said:

So is Alfie Bavidge now in the Dons first team squad? Presumably then that will mean if he is going out on loan they will be looking at a Championship side?

Judging by the rumours I thought he would have signed by now? 

Hasn’t feature in any of league cup games. He played on Tuesday in the challenge cup and came off injured I heard. 
i imagine he will move on loan somewhere closer to the window ending depending on departures at pittodrie I would guess

16 minutes ago, Moorie said:

Hasn’t feature in any of league cup games. He played on Tuesday in the challenge cup and came off injured I heard. 
i imagine he will move on loan somewhere closer to the window ending depending on departures at pittodrie I would guess

I'd imagine that Peterhead will be interested too given Shanks is long term injured. With his Dad being iconic to the club it wouldn't surprise me to see us losing out even though a loan spell in L1 or even the Championship, if he could get it, would look more forward thinking to his career path.

I'd like to see Bavidge join us. He's not ready for the Dons but would give us old day Mitch vibes I reckon. 

With Kerr gone, it's at both ends we need to step up our recruitment game.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

20 minutes ago, Jo9 said:

I liked him, but he could be inconsistent, @CoveRangers1922 gave a more in depth analysis a couple of posts ago.

I think he will do well with you guys.

Cheers just scrolled back. Certainly seems like a solid signing for our defence. Experienced as well which we needed. 

50 minutes ago, dave_binos said:

Any good? 

I thought he was competent and I imagine will do a good job for you. He wasn’t outstanding but when he kept it simple he was fine. He had a habit of going in for daft unmalicious challenges that resulted in injury to himself.  

The question for us is who is coming in? If we go with what we have tomorrow we have nothing on the bench. Conversely tho when I most worry about Cove they tend to do just fine but Annan will already be doing exactly what Spartans did and target the weak spots. If we go down early tomorrow I suspect it could turn ugly quickly. 

21 minutes ago, Jo9 said:

Pleased with those loans.

@CoveRangers1922 one of them was on your list wasn’t he?

Finlay was on my list and I guessed a couple of days ago that Gal going out was likely the catalyst for him coming in. Was a pure guess but made sense with him not loaned out yet and guaranteed to not be in many matchday squads for the Dons.

Finlay impressed at Edinburgh City so should do us well, however, another central midfielder when we're crying out for centre backs and forwards. Fyvie and Blair are susceptible to injuries these days so not against this at all.

I only saw Adam Emslie once, maybe twice, at Formartine last season. Did look direct but it's always so hard to judge how capable they are at that level. Any better than Tyler, let's see.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

6 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

I'd imagine that Peterhead will be interested too given Shanks is long term injured. With his Dad being iconic to the club it wouldn't surprise me to see us losing out even though a loan spell in L1 or even the Championship, if he could get it, would look more forward thinking to his career path.

I'd like to see Bavidge join us. He's not ready for the Dons but would give us old day Mitch vibes I reckon. 

With Kerr gone, it's at both ends we need to step up our recruitment game.

Be surprised if he went to Peterhead as he’s already did well in league 1 last season with Kelty. Ideally a move to the championship but looking at the teams there I don’t see where he fits in and gets enough game time to make the step up.

cove would be a good move. He’s still in the city so no travelling down 2 nights a week for training plus I would hope Hartley gave him enough game time 

59 minutes ago, Jo9 said:

IMG_3948.gif.63ff3f3481d3501b730e20115211521f.gif

Maguire is regarded as one of the foremost experts on football finance in the UK, he won’t know the personalities and connections at Cove. His expertise is not in doubt in that he lectures at a university on this subject. Maybe you know more than you are letting on? 

Edited by Bieldside Boy

5 hours ago, Bieldside Boy said:

Maguire is regarded as one of the foremost experts on football finance in the UK, he won’t know the personalities and connections at Cove. His expertise is not in doubt in that he lectures at a university on this subject. Maybe you know more than you are letting on? 

Naw,  I am just taking the piss as always.

Ultimately it doesn’t put me up or down whether it’s Martin Lewis or this boy Maguire saying something about Coves finances unless they are coming out with something legitimately sounding alarm bells why would I care?  Until something like that happens I will continue to do as I always do, see the funny side of things and take the mick.  Although Maguires Twitter feed is quite amusing. 

4 hours ago, Jo9 said:

Naw,  I am just taking the piss as always.

Ultimately it doesn’t put me up or down whether it’s Martin Lewis or this boy Maguire saying something about Coves finances unless they are coming out with something legitimately sounding alarm bells why would I care?  Until something like that happens I will continue to do as I always do, see the funny side of things and take the mick.  Although Maguires Twitter feed is quite amusing. 

£2m in liabilities isn't an alarm bell?

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

£2m in liabilities isn't an alarm bell?

As I said before in a previous post.  We have a screen shot from some guy on Twitter, we have no context to it.  Are these director loans that are not expected to be paid back? are they getting serviced?   

I didn’t listen to that podcast that was mentioned because well, not really my thing, perhaps the person that did listen to it would care to expand on what was discussed other than it was mentioned?

So until we start seeing things like what happened to Hamilton or Edinburgh City I am going to assume that it’s a business debt, much the same as a club like Raith Rovers who according to companies house seems to be running with a similar liability, they don’t seem to be having any issues do they?

14 minutes ago, Jo9 said:

As I said before in a previous post.  We have a screen shot from some guy on Twitter, we have no context to it.  Are these director loans that are not expected to be paid back? are they getting serviced?   

I didn’t listen to that podcast that was mentioned because well, not really my thing, perhaps the person that did listen to it would care to expand on what was discussed other than it was mentioned?

So until we start seeing things like what happened to Hamilton or Edinburgh City I am going to assume that it’s a business debt, much the same as a club like Raith Rovers who according to companies house seems to be running with a similar liability, they don’t seem to be having any issues do they?

I have no inside knowledge of anything but having £2m debt showing on my clubs accounts would have me worried. Is sticking your fingers in your ears until administration rears it's head the best course of action? As a fan I would be asking questions of the club to feel comfortable with that level of debt.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

I have no inside knowledge of anything but having £2m debt showing on my clubs accounts would have me worried. Is sticking your fingers in your ears until administration rears it's head the best course of action? As a fan I would be asking questions of the club to feel comfortable with that level of debt.

Asking questions of the board has never been a Cove thing, that dates all the way back to even before we were in the HL. Those that do quickly find themselves shut down in one form or another. Personally I’ve no question over the Chairman he is a good loon and has the clubs best interest at heart for the last 20 years or so I’ve vaguely known him but the worry I would have is longer term as folk always move on eventually. We benefitted from the tie up with ACE as it didn’t only bring in sponsorship money it brought in a lot of corporate and it brought Cove Rangers to an audience that would have never even considered anywhere but Pittodrie. No one knows outside the inner circle if any of the liabilities belong to the former sponsor so to speculate about this is the realm of other bams on here who like that sort of thing. What I would venture an ‘opinion’ on is that there seems a bit of back slapping going on about Terry moving on but to my eye it’s hole that won’t be filled by our new sponsor given his keenness to ‘interact’ on social media with fans who have been around the club a fair while longer than him. Time will tell I suppose if/when the stands are built, it’s an imotive topic for a good number of boys I speak to and seems to be a bit of a poisoned chalice as they say up Rubislaw way. I will watch with interest from my seat in the stand …..

6 minutes ago, Bieldside Boy said:

Asking questions of the board has never been a Cove thing, that dates all the way back to even before we were in the HL. Those that do quickly find themselves shut down in one form or another. Personally I’ve no question over the Chairman he is a good loon and has the clubs best interest at heart for the last 20 years or so I’ve vaguely known him but the worry I would have is longer term as folk always move on eventually. We benefitted from the tie up with ACE as it didn’t only bring in sponsorship money it brought in a lot of corporate and it brought Cove Rangers to an audience that would have never even considered anywhere but Pittodrie. No one knows outside the inner circle if any of the liabilities belong to the former sponsor so to speculate about this is the realm of other bams on here who like that sort of thing. What I would venture an ‘opinion’ on is that there seems a bit of back slapping going on about Terry moving on but to my eye it’s hole that won’t be filled by our new sponsor given his keenness to ‘interact’ on social media with fans who have been around the club a fair while longer than him. Time will tell I suppose if/when the stands are built, it’s an imotive topic for a good number of boys I speak to and seems to be a bit of a poisoned chalice as they say up Rubislaw way. I will watch with interest from my seat in the stand …..

So...£2m in debt and a board that shuts down any conversation about debt...yet Jo9 doesn't hear any alarms going off. Each to their own, lads, I hope it ends well for you.