Cove Thread

Anyone make it to the game?

The Twitter updates did make it sound like we were having a good game but from experience they can be a bit one sided. 

4 hours ago, Jo9 said:

The Twitter updates did make it sound like we were having a good game but from experience they can be a bit one sided. 

Dreadful game of football really but Cove the better side, first half certainly. You possibly should have got a penalty, we got one off the line when it was basically a tap in, and you missed at least two others sitters across the face of goal completely. You even tried hard to miss the tap in you got! 

Queens offered nothing in attack really till you scored and forced us up the park. Two well constructed goals but fortunate to finish from rebounds both times.

Cove very unlucky to be up the road with nothing. Deserved at least a point and quite possibly all three.

Edited to add - Declan Glass was very good.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

6 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Dreadful game of football really but Cove the better side, first half certainly. You possibly should have got a penalty, we got one off the line when it was basically a tap in, and you missed at least two others sitters across the face of goal completely. You even tried hard to miss the tap in you got! 

Queens offered nothing in attack really till you scored and forced us up the park. Two well constructed goals but fortunate to finish from rebounds both times.

Cove very unlucky to be up the road with nothing. Deserved at least a point and quite possibly all three.

Queens made Declan Glass look better than he is in the first half. Second half he didn’t do much. 

10 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Aye, pretty much this. Cove also had an effort rebound off the post/bar late in the game but not sure if Stewart would have had it covered if it had been a  bit lower. A draw would have been fair over the piece but obviously happy we nicked the win.

5 hours ago, Jo9 said:

For me we'll be very good at the back if we keep those players fit and you got a goal, so there's that. The concern for Cove is we managed to put two past you and you'll face far better attacking sides than us today, so there's also that. 

5 hours ago, Jo9 said:

We were pretty good in phases, Glass was creative and there were neat passages of play at times but if we had any sort of width we would have won that at a canter. We never really troubled their keeper and at times it was just relentlessly both teams giving the ball away. Defensively fragile at key moments but I thought in the main it was an improvement. We are screaming out for an SPFL experienced centre back. My QOS supporting colleague reckoned even their depleted bench had 50 odd SPFL appearances between them where ours had 1 or 2? I’m all for giving kids a chance but the 5 sub rule is killing us. Be interesting to see how many goals we concede after 60 mins as the bench has been light for 8 months now. Taking on one sub in the modern game is like playing with 10 men. I think we put in a decent shift today and if we had a tiny bit more quality in defence and a bit of quality on the bench we would have won that game easily. Fine margins but unless we add a few I cant see where the win comes from at the moment. Dumbarton on paper is a good chance of 3 points but it’s by far nailed on. 

Edited by Watson Nimrod

9 minutes ago, Watson Nimrod said:

My QOS supporting colleague reckoned even their depleted bench had 50 odd SPFL appearances between them where ours had 1 or 2?

I mean Harry Cochrane has 98 appearances for Queens alone (99 now)! He also had over 30 for Hearts and another 25-30 with Dunfermline and Montrose.

Josh Walker has over 50 on his own too for Stranraer and Annan. Our other three outfield subs though were a young lad signed from Middlesbrough this week who had never made a senior appearance and two teenagers, one with 2 sub appearances to his name and one who has yet to make his debut. We'll have had over 200 appearances between our outfield subs but they are all with two players basically.

1 hour ago, Sawkye said:

Heading up to the game on Saturday. First ever visit, is there a club shop at your stadium?

There might be. 

I believe they intended to get it in place for the second home game, but it wasn’t a 100% it will be in place answer at the time.

If it’s going to be open you will hopefully see it as you approach.

12 minutes ago, Watson Nimrod said:

That’s good news. It’s only taken 12 months to open it back up. 🙄

Club is doing it themselves this time rather than having a third party like Greaves.

Combined ticket office and club shop appears to be the plan.

I am done with this.  At least Dave and Paul had interesting and valid points to make or questions to ask.

Moorie is just an Aberdeen fan who wants Cove to bend over backwards to get him to come to a league one game and be grateful he turned up.  But don’t worry he will grace us with his Premiership insight on Facebook about how “surely it’s time for Hartley”

BB is just the bitter old fan who seems to think if those young folk don’t agree with me they are chugging the board cool aid.  

I opened my P&B account to make reading things easier and honestly this has been the most depressing period of being a Cove fan, I thought the Facebook fans were the worst, f**k me this is a whole new level of pish, we can’t even have a match thread without 1 of the 4 cove thread posters turning it into a workshop about how Cove could improve.

Fantastic advert for the club and its future.  

Edited by Jo9
Spelling and Grammar

15 minutes ago, Jo9 said:

I am done with this.  At least Dave and Paul had interesting and valid points to make or questions to ask.

Moorie is just an Aberdeen fan who wants Cove to bend over backwards to get him to come to a league one game and be grateful he turned up.  But don’t worry he will grace us with his Premiership insight on Facebook about how “surely it’s time for Hartley”

BB is just the bitter old fan who seems to think if those young folk don’t agree with me they are chugging the board cool aid.  

I opened my P&B account to make reading things easier and honestly this has been the most depressing period of being a Cove fan, I thought the Facebook fans were the worst, f**k me this is a whole new level of pish, we can’t even have a match thread without 1 of the 4 cove thread posters turning it into a workshop about how Cove could improve.

@CoveRangers1922 Is your man 👍

Being a Cove fan in the real world is WAY better than being one online, everyone is more than entitled to their opinions and I don’t find yours hugely different to mine 👍

In other news I see Burrell got his first start of the season off the bench last night for Burton in the EFL cup, they lost a man early on and looked like they threw the kitchen sink at it and capitulated in the last 20 mins.

Really hope it works out for him down there. 

32 minutes ago, Watson Nimrod said:

In other news I see Burrell got his first start of the season off the bench last night for Burton in the EFL cup, they lost a man early on and looked like they threw the kitchen sink at it and capitulated in the last 20 mins.

Really hope it works out for him down there. 

I was surprised to see him head to Burton, was expecting League 2 or National League to be where he ended up. Shows how much we were able to improve him, which is always a positive. Looks like he is probably going to be an impact sub, which against a tiring defence, would play into his strengths well.

11 minutes ago, covefan97 said:

I was surprised to see him head to Burton, was expecting League 2 or National League to be where he ended up. Shows how much we were able to improve him, which is always a positive. Looks like he is probably going to be an impact sub, which against a tiring defence, would play into his strengths well.

Exactly my thoughts too. Dipo Akinyemi lit up the Championship whilst we were in that division and moved to York City in the NL.

Burrell going to L1 shocked me but fair play to him. One golden season in L1 and his agent worked some magic. Hopefully kicks on and proves his worth.

On 15/08/2024 at 21:36, Jo9 said:

Go create a cove only forum if your not happy.

football fans posting what could improve football shocker 

Edited by Moorie

2 hours ago, Moorie said:

Go create a cove only forum if your not happy.

football fans posting what could improve football shocker 

One more thing. Nothing to with league 1 I use to attend Alan Park when Aberdeen was away for years too. 

With no replacement for Mijovski in sight for AFC and the standard of the likes of Ambrose and the other guy whose name escapes me looking questionable at best, I wonder if Alfie Bavidge will be loaned out after all? I’m not surprised Duncan went to Queens Park as that’s a good fit for him and Boyd is a prodigy who I can’t imagine they will want to loan out right now but I’ve never been convinced Bavidge’s progress would be maintained by being loaned to another L1 club, rather continue his development in the Championship? Hope I’m wrong and still time I guess for him and others to come in. 

I genuinely don’t think we are far away from being a decent side, just a bit more up top and a solid CB and see where we are in January and hope we don’t pick up too many injuries (not helped by Emslie and Marshall playing for the development side every few weeks if AFC progress in the Aberdeenshire Cup) as we are still on the light side. Last few weeks we have been highly unlucky not to take 6 points and look nothing like relegation candidates that the diddys over on the madhouse of FB seem to think ……

Edited by Watson Nimrod