Cove Thread

44 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

He was on my list of potential loan summer targets about 5 or 6 pages ago. Clearly has huge potential but the last thing we need is another midfielder in all honesty.

Hartley building a team of all midfielders sounds about right. Absolutely crying out for centre backs and strikers. We'd only have 3 loans remaining if this comes to fruition.

I wouldn’t say no but it’s an awfully crowded midfield and no way you would drop Marshall or anyone else for that matter based on the season so far.  Yeah we are light but not light in midfield? 

I chuckle when I read ‘Cove target’ no Cove get offered a loan deal from the parent club who want him to get game time. It would be unfair on the Dons lads if he was guaranteed game time as both have been pretty impressive so far. 

St Johnstone 20 year old defender Liam Parker signs on a season long. 

6ft 4 centre back is exactly what we needed; he better be immense to sort out our backline. Lots of pressure but hopefully shines.

@RandomGuy. / @AllyMonc thoughts on Liam?

Screenshot_20240823_105554_X.jpg

Edited by CoveRangers1922

@CoveRangers1922

Edinburgh City fans probably best to ask, he's never really played for us.

He seemed to do well there last season but maybe some question marks still about his strength? He's tall but he's not filled out so unsure how he does when a striker is wrestling with him. Seems quick and decent on the ball though.

33 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

@CoveRangers1922

Edinburgh City fans probably best to ask, he's never really played for us.

He seemed to do well there last season but maybe some question marks still about his strength? He's tall but he's not filled out so unsure how he does when a striker is wrestling with him. Seems quick and decent on the ball though.

To be honest the bar is extremely low to beat currently with our shambles of a defence. 

He'll likely walk into the starting XI and own his position regardless. Fingers crossed he does as well for us as Ross Graham did a few years back. 

You boys keeping Sidibeh? Unearthed a talent there. Also hope that Sanders works out well for you when he features. He was a fan favourite with us in our Championship season.

1 hour ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Rueben McAllister away to sign on loan from Hibs. Young lad but ready for L1 as a regular @Kelheart / @leomessi1984?

Clear technical ability, really good on the ball. Was very lightweight with us though & this definitely hampered him. He's very young though so no doubt will grow in physical stature. Won't be a starter I'd imagine but will certainly contribute.

1 hour ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

You boys keeping Sidibeh? Unearthed a talent there. Also hope that Sanders works out well for you when he features. He was a fan favourite with us in our Championship season.

He's got a release clause so just be luck if he stays really, apparently closer to £1m than £500k though.

Sanders been surprisingly good so far, quicker than I expected too. Seems like he needs to be more aggressive when going for headers and that? Not sure if just not seen enough of him yet or if that's just how he is.

4 hours ago, leomessi1984 said:

Clear technical ability, really good on the ball. Was very lightweight with us though & this definitely hampered him. He's very young though so no doubt will grow in physical stature. Won't be a starter I'd imagine but will certainly contribute.

That's about what I thought. I wonder how similar to a young Declan Glass he is?

He'll be an option, if he impresses from the get-go he might get an extended run in the side. We're overran with options in the midfield now with Fyvie, Glass, Scully, Yule, Marshall, Emslie. Not complaining about that but would love a striker.

Glad to see Williamson get off the mark for the maroon machine. Tidser doing some decent business this summer, promising for you lads.

4 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

That's about what I thought. I wonder how similar to a young Declan Glass he is?

He'll be an option, if he impresses from the get-go he might get an extended run in the side. We're overran with options in the midfield now with Fyvie, Glass, Scully, Yule, Marshall, Emslie. Not complaining about that but would love a striker.

Glad to see Williamson get off the mark for the maroon machine. Tidser doing some decent business this summer, promising for you lads.

Williamson looks a player. Works really hard & know how to finish from the looks of it. Just need boys to stay fit now. Hope the young lad does well for you 👍 

Credit to the club for going down the young Scottish loan option than the non league English. Journeyman.

similar to McIntyre brining in the loans that worked out well.

See Emilie has popped up a few goals. Is he playing well? Definitely one for us for the future I fell. Glad he’s got a loan at young age as we seen to previously leave it to late to to loan players out

4 hours ago, Moorie said:

Credit to the club for going down the young Scottish loan option than the non league English. Journeyman.

similar to McIntyre brining in the loans that worked out well.

See Emilie has popped up a few goals. Is he playing well? Definitely one for us for the future I fell. Glad he’s got a loan at young age as we seen to previously leave it to late to to loan players out

Emslie seems to have very good positional sense, one of those players who seems to be in the right place without looking amazing. I think he will be a key player for us this season if he continues to be given the opportunity. Always hard to say if they will make it at top 6 level but I would wager he will have a successful SPL career. 

I think Liam Parker will also be a good addition from what I’m hearing. 

Will miss today’s game which is annoying as I think we will win fairly easily. 

10 minutes ago, Ataboy said:

Ooops. Bet your glad you missed it .

How is Hartley still in a job 

I've asked myself that same question ever week since his return. He's completely lost the fans and we're getting close to self destruction keeping him in the seat for me.

We're not cut adrift, only 4 games in, time to turn it around but it's time for a change and someone else to be given the reins.

14 minutes ago, Ataboy said:

Ooops. Bet your glad you missed it .

How is Hartley still in a job 

To be honest I make these bold statements more in hope than expectation and yeah I am glad, I heard we were shocking in the second half.

Depends on who you believe and our small band of apologists will smash any unsubstantiated rumour but it’s being said that he is digging his heels in for a payoff and we ain’t got the cash. 

Even some of the most loyal Cove stalwarts are now openly calling for him to go. 

3 hours ago, Moorie said:

Interesting discussion on Cove Rangers in general of the back of the Stenny game on the terrace podcast.

I think they summed it up perfectly. The club is struggling with no direction or identity and with the current trajectory are going down to L2. 

I hear we are getting a new Head of Operations and Commercial tho, job to be advertised soon. That’s going to be a tough gig in L2. They might want to cast their eye up to Peterhead who have an amazing Operations Manager who is getting a lot of things right. Anyone who has dealt with her will tell you that. I imagine it will be one of their pals from O&G that gets it with the same inward looking mentality. 

In other news I see Alfie Bavidge is going to play top end championship football. He was never ever coming to us for a relegation scrap. 
Edited by Watson Nimrod