Cove Thread

2 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

I reckon he'd be a bench filler for Mo. Lyons, Milne and obviously Gardyne are superior and play similar positions. Saw Elijah is away so will be keeping an eye on who SP takes in up top. A natural finisher to play alongside CJ would be a huge boost. Someone like Kyle Connell or Euan Henderson would do well at LP I think. 

Is Leighton McIntosh something you have heard? Or are you just trying to punt him?

2 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

I reckon he'd be a bench filler for Mo. Lyons, Milne and obviously Gardyne are superior and play similar positions. Saw Elijah is away so will be keeping an eye on who SP takes in up top. A natural finisher to play alongside CJ would be a huge boost. Someone like Kyle Connell or Euan Henderson would do well at LP I think. 

I’d like to see Euan Henderson at Gayfield. Hearts will want him playing at this level after doing so well for Alloa

8 hours ago, mo83 said:

Is Leighton McIntosh something you have heard? Or are you just trying to punt him?

Trying to punt him.

He and Jamie Masson both are out of contract at the end of tomorrow. We released a few players a couple of weeks ago but there was no mention of them.

Haven't heard any signing rumours other than Robbie Mutch weeks back but that didn't come to anything.

8 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I’d like to see Euan Henderson at Gayfield. Hearts will want him playing at this level after doing so well for Alloa

Henderson looked rapid and composed in front of goal. I think he'll probably end up with a Championship side on loan too although a top L1 still has an outside chance.

Wouldn't be surprised if we are in the running too given PH is an ex-Jambo.

Connor Smith is another Hearts youngster who impressed at the tail end of the season. He's awaiting a contract extension or to be released.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

Hartley in the P&J today saying they have made contact with several players and agents but will wait for the right players and we're not close to sealing any signings yet.

I'm surprised that no one hasn't snapped up Sena. He's someone I reckon would be worth a contract even though he almost halved Shay Logan within 25 seconds this season. Sibbald the same.

Charlie Telfer I thought would have some interest from top end of L1 / lower end of the Championship but haven't heard any rumours for him. Wouldn't be so keen for him at Cove.

Would take Josh Rae or a keeper of similar standard. Ideally though I'd love to see us get Dabrowski on loan. If Hibs keep Macey after adding Marshall then there could be a chance for a loan.

Until we can offer FT in some capacity it will be hard to attract our first choices especially for players from the central belt who could stay closer to home. We are then dealing with either the best PT players we can attract in a similar vein to Arbroath, paying FT rates to players will to drop down to PT (ok for perhaps 1 or 2 key players), or relying heavily on the loanees. Latter we haven't done so much.

I do see us using the loan market far more this season. Some loan targets being;

Declan Glass

Ryan Duncan

Dean Campbell

Connor McLennan 

Archie Meekison

Stevie May (unlikely and maybe controversial. If the Saints bring in a couple of new strikers he might be put out for a short spell)

Jack MacKenzie (unlikely)

Kane Ritchie-Hosler

Euan Henderson

13 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Hartley in the P&J today saying they have made contact with several players and agents but will wait for the right players and we're not close to sealing any signings yet.

I'm surprised that no one hasn't snapped up Sena. He's someone I reckon would be worth a contract even though he almost halved Shay Logan within 25 seconds this season. Sibbald the same.

Charlie Telfer I thought would have some interest from top end of L1 / lower end of the Championship but haven't heard any rumours for him. Wouldn't be so keen for him at Cove.

Would take Josh Rae or a keeper of similar standard. Ideally though I'd love to see us get Dabrowski on loan. If Hibs keep Macey after adding Marshall then there could be a chance for a loan.

Until we can offer FT in some capacity it will be hard to attract our first choices especially for players from the central belt who could stay closer to home. We are then dealing with either the best PT players we can attract in a similar vein to Arbroath, paying FT rates to players will to drop down to PT (ok for perhaps 1 or 2 key players), or relying heavily on the loanees. Latter we haven't done so much.

I do see us using the loan market far more this season. Some loan targets being;

Declan Glass

Ryan Duncan

Dean Campbell

Connor McLennan 

Archie Meekison

Stevie May (unlikely and maybe controversial. If the Saints bring in a couple of new strikers he might be put out for a short spell)

Jack MacKenzie (unlikely)

Kane Ritchie-Hosler

Euan Henderson

Where do you train? Obviously good having so many local lads (actually amazes me how many good PT players in Aberdeen) but then again it affects training and where you train which in turn can affect who you can sign. Blair Yule left us because he didn’t like travelling to Perth to train. 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

13 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Where do you train? Obviously good having so many local lads (actually amazes me how many good PT players in Aberdeen) but then again it affects training. Blair Yule left us because he didn’t like travelling to Perth to train. 

There is a fair bit of talent in Aberdeen and the Grampian region. A strong Dons side would probably help us further to some degree. In the past the club said they will mainly target Grampian and Tayside players but will go further afield when required.

Train at our ground in Cove. I know Morgyn Neill and Robbie Leitch travel up twice a week for training along with every 2nd weekend for matchday; fair commitment. You guys train in Arbroath I presume?

Blair has been an ever present since coming back to us. He's got a good engine and strong work-rate, not characteristics I'd be able to say for Vigurs. Not going to chip in with many goals but creates a few. Does well alongside Fyvie who is a real stand out and was exceptional last season. 

9 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

There is a fair bit of talent in Aberdeen and the Grampian region. A strong Dons side would probably help us further to some degree. In the past the club said they will mainly target Grampian and Tayside players but will go further afield when required.

Train at our ground in Cove. I know Morgyn Neill and Robbie Leitch travel up twice a week for training along with every 2nd weekend for matchday; fair commitment. You guys train in Arbroath I presume?

Blair has been an ever present since coming back to us. He's got a good engine and strong work-rate, not characteristics I'd be able to say for Vigurs. Not going to chip in with many goals but creates a few. Does well alongside Fyvie who is a real stand out and was exceptional last season. 

No we train in Perth. Obviously a big thing when it comes to recruitment. Perth to Aberdeen is obviously an extra 3 and a bit hours (both ways) which is hard for players in the central belt and beyond. We’ve got players in Ardrossan and Greenock and if we trained in Arbroath or even Dundee (even extra hour would be tough) I am not sure whether they would have signed

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

No we train in Perth. Obviously a big thing when it comes to recruitment. Perth to Aberdeen is obviously an extra 3 and a bit hours (both ways) which is hard for players in the central belt and beyond. We’ve got players in Ardrossan and Greenock and if we trained in Arbroath or even Dundee (even extra hour would be tough) I am not sure whether they would have signed

That makes sense as you can tempt some PT players from further afield. You are geographically located where this is more possible.

We'll continue training where we are I expect with the aim of getting to hybrid or FT in the future. A big step and only if we can establish ourselves at this level I suspect.

35 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

That makes sense as you can tempt some PT players from further afield. You are geographically located where this is more possible.

We'll continue training where we are I expect with the aim of getting to hybrid or FT in the future. A big step and only if we can establish ourselves at this level I suspect.

Costs a lot of money and for clubs like ourselves a fair bit away from the central belt it’s not as easy to go FT and tempt FT players to move away or travel all the way up here. You have Astro which is a bonus and I suppose young laddies would probably like living in Aberdeen but it presents more challenges when not in that central belt 

We’ve had average crowds of 1500, 1500 and last season would’ve been over 2k with season ticket sales around 1200 which is about middle of the road for this league full of FT clubs but asking guys to travel all the way up here to train or even trying to get good training facilities through the day for 4/5 days a week would be tough

Then you’ve also got to consider the actually quality difference between the best PT players and the lower end FT players. PT players probably better but again there’s not a lot of them. It’ll be interesting to see QP this season, will they be competing for players against the likes of Ayr and Morton or will they be competing for guys that Partick or Dundee would sign. If the former which I suspect it will be it’ll be interesting to see how they get on

Its a tough one and hard to call. Personally I would like to see us stay part time and that’ll come with challenges but we will be paying wages that really could be FT wages but for PT players who can also get another job to supplement it. A lot of our success or failure will be down to the PT market and what’s actually available and using or not using the loan system well 

Cove season ticket and matchday ticket price information released and as is below.

Think it was £14 for an adult ticket last season so almost a 50% increase. 

I was £187 last year for my season ticket (club 1922 member) so that's up about 35%.

Season ticket without club 1922 was around £230 so up circa 20%.

Imagine our new prices are comparitive to other clubs in the Championship or slightly more expensive.

Screenshot_20220602-192025.jpg

Screenshot_20220602-192000.jpg

19 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Cove season ticket and matchday ticket price information released and as is below.

Think it was £14 for an adult ticket last season so almost a 50% increase. 

I was £187 last year for my season ticket (club 1922 member) so that's up about 35%.

Season ticket without club 1922 was around £230 so up circa 20%.

Imagine our new prices are comparitive to other clubs in the Championship or slightly more expensive.

Screenshot_20220602-192025.jpg

Screenshot_20220602-192000.jpg

That is pricing done correctly. I think that's good value for money and think a lot of clubs should cap their prices at £20 for a ticket.

As seen below, we are £375 for adults. Single match tickets are between £25-£30 normally.

Post-Split-Ticket-Deal-copy-2.003.jpeg

Edited by Crawford

40 minutes ago, ecto said:

Just out of interest, what are you’re top earners on?

I have no idea but if I were to guess it would be around £800 p/w. Potentially/probably more now given our promotion to the Championship.

Mid earners around £500-600 p/w last season.

Would think Mitch and Fyvie would be our top earners and for PT it's fairly lucrative.

19 minutes ago, Crawford said:

That is pricing done correctly. I think that's good value for money and think a lot of clubs should cap their prices at £20 for a ticket.

As seen below, we are £375 for adults. Single match tickets are between £25-£30 normally.

Post-Split-Ticket-Deal-copy-2.003.jpeg

For the Championship I wasn't expecting to pay more than £20. Think that's about as high as people should be expected to pay for tier 2 football. Mind you paid £18 at Alloa and Falkirk last season so was half expecting Dundee to be a tad more than that.  Most other places were around £15. 

It's been over 20 years since I was at Dens. Looking forward to coming down.

11 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

I have no idea but if I were to guess it would be around £800 p/w. Potentially/probably more now given our promotion to the Championship.

Mid earners around £500-600 p/w last season.

Would think Mitch and Fyvie would be our top earners and for PT it's fairly lucrative.

Don’t doubt the top earners (say 3 players) imagine ToB at us be on a pretty penny but would imagine 300-450 be more realistic for mid earners. If it was 600 (say 12 players) you’d have a wage bill of about 600k all in? Unless my maths are way off, that is not value for money 

5 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Don’t doubt the top earners (say 3 players) imagine ToB at us be on a pretty penny but would imagine 300-450 be more realistic for mid earners. If it was 600 (say 12 players) you’d have a wage bill of about 600k all in? Unless my maths are way off, that is not value for money 

Yeah would be quite high.

The chairman was quoted saying our wages are less than 50% of turnover

Screenshot_20220509-192423.jpg

2 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Yeah would be quite high.

The chairman was quoted saying our wages are less than 50% of turnover

Screenshot_20220509-192423.jpg

Aye 600k a year was a squad of 20, 3 at 800, 12 at 600, 5 at 200 and a manager on £40k a year. Not even including the wages of anybody else. 300-450 still be good wages PT. Before bonuses and all the expenses and other shite they get 

For the Championship I wasn't expecting to pay more than £20. Think that's about as high as people should be expected to pay for tier 2 football. Mind you paid £18 at Alloa and Falkirk last season so was half expecting Dundee to be a tad more than that.  Most other places were around £15. 
It's been over 20 years since I was at Dens. Looking forward to coming down.

It was £20 at start Pk last season to walk up. Welcome to the life of having to pay extra to get a budget [emoji23][emoji23]