Cove Thread

Let me know if these seem right or wrong, especially defensively. A lot of the time those figures show how the players played rather than how good they are. These are a constant work in progress and there are ones I've made before which just seem wrong.

Harry Milne

Spoiler

milne.thumb.png.c3c7a66288b169e4719fc5c45cb54ea3.png

Outstanding, no real weaknesses and excels all round.

Mitch Megginson

Spoiler

meggo.thumb.png.3c46ef6c57176822ec3c4c2e98a5a056.png

Great up front and linking play, not much use in the air though.

Leighton McIntosh

Spoiler

mcin.thumb.png.d88b757e45fc6c773ac68bcc943cb075.png

Works hard defensively and high carrying figures due to time on the wing?

Awful in possession considering how strong a team he plays in (well below club average) and creates nothing for team mates.

Clinical when he gets a chance but often picks the wrong option when shooting.

Chuck some Arbroath ones up as well if you want mate and I’ll see how they shape up [emoji106]

Just now, Lichtie78 said:

Chuck some Arbroath ones up as well if you want mate and I’ll see how they shape up emoji106.png

Who would you like to see?

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Let me know if these seem right or wrong, especially defensively. A lot of the time those figures show how the players played rather than how good they are. These are a constant work in progress and there are ones I've made before which just seem wrong.

Harry Milne

Reveal hidden contents

milne.thumb.png.c3c7a66288b169e4719fc5c45cb54ea3.png

Outstanding, no real weaknesses and excels all round.

Mitch Megginson

Reveal hidden contents

meggo.thumb.png.3c46ef6c57176822ec3c4c2e98a5a056.png

Great up front and linking play, not much use in the air though.

Leighton McIntosh

Reveal hidden contents

mcin.thumb.png.d88b757e45fc6c773ac68bcc943cb075.png

Works hard defensively and high carrying figures due to time on the wing?

Awful in possession considering how strong a team he plays in (well below club average) and creates nothing for team mates.

Clinical when he gets a chance but often picks the wrong option when shooting.

I'd say that is spot on Harry and Mitch. Didn't expect Leighton to have as high defensive qualities but it highlights his lack of ability to create and convert. Basically got some direct line speed, tries hard but gets no end product.

Harry is outstanding. A scoop for Partick as if the PCA wasn't in place early I think he would have gone straight to a Prem club. @oneteaminglasgow you should expect greatness!

Mitch is deadly in the box and creates chances for his team mates. I expect him to have another very strong season. Aerially is his weakness. 

Fyvie's figures I think would put him amongst the best Centre Mids in the league.

Have you ever approached Wyscout and showcased this? In my opinion this would be a huge value-add.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

7 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

I'd say that is spot on Harry and Mitch. Didn't expect Leighton to have as high defensive qualities but it highlights his lack of ability to create and convert. Basically got some direct line speed, tries hard but gets no end product.

Harry is outstanding. Scoop for Partick as if the PCA wasn't in place early I think he would have gone straight to a Prem club. @oneteaminglasgow you should expect greatness!

Mitch is deadly in the box and creates chances for his team mates. I expect him to have another very strong season. Aerially is weakness. 

Fyvie's figures I think would put him amongst the best Centre Mids in the league.

Have you ever approached Wyscout and showcased this? In my opinion this would be a huge value-add.

Yeah Harry Milne looks great tbf, be interesting to watch how he gets on with Partick. Defensive figures are the hardest ones to figure out tbh, its hard to find a middle ground between players who do lots defensively and players who do defensive things well tbh. Fyvie with really low defensive scores and I don't know if thats fair? The best players in the best sides in divisions tend to score low defensively in these simply because they don't have to defend much.

fyvie.thumb.png.61996a55706459f50be8fc743976ad97.png

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah Harry Milne looks great tbf, be interesting to watch how he gets on with Partick. Defensive figures are the hardest ones to figure out tbh, its hard to find a middle ground between players who do lots defensively and players who do defensive things well tbh. Fyvie with really low defensive scores and I don't know if thats fair? The best players in the best sides in divisions tend to score low defensively in these simply because they don't have to defend much.

fyvie.thumb.png.61996a55706459f50be8fc743976ad97.png

Last season he was almost always deployed as an attacking midfielder / number 10 so these stats match that. He can play DCM but Vigurs did that role last season. Not a fan of the latter.

Expected the aggressive tackler, defensive anticipation and especially Aerial ball winner to be on the low side but not as low as that though. Again it's down to him playing much higher up the park. One that looks not quite right is ground dispenser but very interesting to see.

Great work! For me, I'd love to see it added to Wyscout.

13 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Last season he was almost always deployed as an attacking midfielder / number 10 so these stats match that. He can play DCM but Vigurs did that role last season. Not a fan of the latter.

Expected the aggressive tackler, defensive anticipation and especially Aerial ball winner to be on the low side but not as low as that though. Again it's down to him playing much higher up the park. One that looks not quite right is ground dispenser but very interesting to see.

Great work! For me, I'd love to see it added to Wyscout.

Yeah defensive ones are hit and miss, and its so annoying trying to figure it out.

Using the amount of successful actions just now, combining a couple for each metric, but its still not great. Using win % for duels ends up boosting those who do little as they generally have decent %s, while using amount of duels makes players in poor teams great because they're doing lots. Trying to find some middle ground is hard.

2 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Harry is outstanding. A scoop for Partick as if the PCA wasn't in place early I think he would have gone straight to a Prem club. @oneteaminglasgow you should expect greatness!

You build this boy up any more and I’ll be expecting a hat trick every week. 

6 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

You build this boy up any more and I’ll be expecting a hat trick every week. 

I'll need to restrain myself from now on. Don't ruin him, once we're hybrid or FT (if it ever happens) we'll be wanting him back!

If you can keep Tiffoney that will be a hugely impressive left hand side.

2 hours ago, Scotchpie said:

Let's hope Richard Gordon has the decency to comment and make a club statement on detail they've had for a while.

https://m.clydefc.co.uk/news/2022/06/20/7148/#.YrCqUaTTU0E

I agree if it turns out it was irrefutably false after all evidence gathered then both sides should communicate this. 

I was there that day relatively close to the Clyde fans and never heard anything untoward. 

Looking forward to the upcoming season? Haven't seen many signings coming in your way apart from Jordan Allan who should do you well.

Can I ask a question re the temporary stands to be build at The Balmoral?

Is this work supposed to be completed for the start of the season? I was at Lochside Academy astro earlier this evening and there appears to be nothing happening. Surely some form of ground work/foundations/perimeter walls etc would need to be in place even for temporary structures?

Edited by Tattie36

23 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Can I ask a question re the temporary stands to be build at The Balmoral?

Is this work supposed to be completed for the start of the season? I was at Lochside Academy astro earlier this evening and there appears to be nothing happening. Surely some form of ground work/foundations/perimeter walls etc would need to be in place even for temporary structures?

9th June I think was the announcement of the planning application submission. Expected date the stands are to be in place is for the first PS cup home game and for us that's 16th July (3 weeks on Saturday). Seems ambitious.

Supposedly prefabricated and just craned into place but you'd think some preparation would be need. 

I'll be at Balmoral on Saturday and will try to find out some more information on the situation. 

Draper to meet with McIntyre this week to discuss his future according to the P&J. Short meeting hopefully.

Draper quotes;

He said: “I will be speaking to Cove this week to find out the situation. 

“Very much like Inverness, if Cove can get a few new faces in then they can improve again and be right up there as well.”

“The league will also now have Queen’s Park and Cove Rangers, who will have a go and deal well with the step-up.

No we or us in this article and he previous ones.

When on loan at Elgin he was quoted as saying we. Clearly has a gripe and doesn't feel part of the team. Needs to go.

9 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Draper to meet with McIntyre this week to discuss his future according to the P&J. Short meeting hopefully.

Draper quotes;

He said: “I will be speaking to Cove this week to find out the situation. 

“Very much like Inverness, if Cove can get a few new faces in then they can improve again and be right up there as well.”

“The league will also now have Queen’s Park and Cove Rangers, who will have a go and deal well with the step-up.

No we or us in this article and he previous ones.

When on loan at Elgin he was quoted as saying we. Clearly has a gripe and doesn't feel part of the team. Needs to go.

That’s not fair? He was out on loan, his team at the time were Elgin and saying we is completely appropriate?

Why would he say we about Cove when he hasn’t been part of the team and doesn’t know if he will be part of the team going forward? That wouldn’t make sense and be presumptuous surely

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

That’s not fair? He was out on loan, his team at the time were Elgin and saying we is completely appropriate?

Why would he say we about Cove when he hasn’t been part of the team and doesn’t know if he will be part of the team going forward? That wouldn’t make sense and be presumptuous surely

Saying we when on loan at Elgin is fine.

His quotes now make him feel a bit detached; we are his employer and he's got 2 years left on his contract. Maybe he sees the writing on the wall and feels he's not wanted by the club.

Was a poor recruitment and management decision going for him in the first place and offering him a 3 year deal. Bit of a mess and not sure how it will pan out.  

First friendly on Saturday against Dunfermline so a quick check on the squad

Goalkeepers:

1. Stuart McKenzie (34)

23. Kyle Gourlay (23) *

21. Balint Demus (20) - loaned to Buckie

Defenders:

26. Mark Reynolds (35)

2. Morgyn Neill (26)

5. Scott Ross (31)

25. Shay Logan (34)

14: Ross Draper (33) *

Midfielders:

24. Fraser Fyvie (29)

16. Iain Vigurs (34)

8.  Blair Yule (29)

4.  Connor Scully (30)

10.  Jamie Masson (29) *

11. Leighton McIntosh (29) * contract ?

20. Robbie Leitch (24) *

Forwards:

9. Mitch Megginson (29)

13. Rory McAllister (35)

We have 16 players, 1 pending contract extension or release.

5 marked with * are, in my opinion, not good enough for Championship, more mid/lower L1 level with Draper L2 standard.

Plenty of time to take in signings and loans so no need to worry yet but as per last season our starting XI is strong but no depth at all. Clearly our first XI isn't as strong relative to our competition this season so work to be done.

A bonus for us is having an established and proven strikeforce albeit Rory is getting on and a few might point out Mitch hasn't played too much at Championship level but I have no doubt he's capable of scoring and creating chances.

Best starting XI below;

Screenshot_20220621-160901.jpg

7 minutes ago, Strathman said:

Thought Stuart McKenzie was a 1988 birthday. Played in the same Albion Boys Club team as Ian Vigurs.

You are right. He's 34 not 35. It's his testimonial this Saturday.

You're probably quicker than Vigurs now I'd imagine. Does a job for us but he frustrates me most of the time. I hope we getting an attacking mid in, put Fyvie in Vigurs position and keep Blair in CM.