Cove Thread

15 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Can Cove afford to go hybrid?  Sure, it looks like a lot has been done behind the scenes, but do you have the fanbase to cover full time costs?  

They don't have the fan base to cover the rea lady's wages.  The whole thing is bankrolled by business men. If they were to loose interest for whatever reason the whole club would collapse. Unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Cove Toonser said:

Thought Sanders was excellent with Cove. Seemed to stroll through games.

Definitely a standout performer. Was our best centre back and will be difficult to replace. Had that bit of pace which tall physical centre backs don't always have.

Losing him and Max was my worry coming into this window. On the positive side the new manager can't be any worse than the one just departed. Hopefully he took Gerry with him!

54 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Cove loan Declan Glass from Dundee Utd.

It's one all Cove fans will relish as he was outstanding for us previously. Different level now but clearly but he should be capable. Very direct with the ball and wants to play in between the lines which we don't have currently.

We're still massively short at the back so that needs addressing before we'll realistically pick up points with any consistency

Ton done good early business with renewals.

12 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Ton done good early business with renewals.

Yeah, solid start. The Grimshaw one in particular as most had assumed he was away back to a higher level.

Clearing dead wood this week has been good also which should signal some incomings that we really need as we have little depth beyond the starting 11, especially to change a game.

Interesting few weeks ahead.

58 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

C8509083-8F58-4F6A-B71B-AF4CBA31B327.png

A player unproven at Championship level. Looked promising at times in L1 for Airdrie last season but i doubt he's at the level of our existing/ previous fullbacks of Logan and Max Johnston. Not expecting overly much from Brody but time will tell.

A LWB so I doubt we are keeping Evan Towler from Aberdeen if this goes through. 

We need proven players that are physical and can slot right in not gambles.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

17 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

A player unproven at Championship level. Looked promising at times in L1 for Airdrie last season but i doubt he's at the level of our existing/ previous fullbacks of Logan and Max Johnston. Not expecting overly much from Brody but time will tell.

A LWB so I doubt we are keeping Evan Towler from Aberdeen if this goes through. 

We need proven players that are physical and can slot right in not gambles.

That’s Paterson just confirmed. Got to be a step up from what we’ve got at the moment. 

46 minutes ago, Geoffs Assistant said:

Yes, surely. Had high hopes for Towler at the beginning of the season, but not no quite worked out. 

Likewise although it never worked out. Quite brave/over zealous in the challenge at times and didn't really have the ability going forward.  Too big a jump in levels coming from L2 and only being 17. Hard to see him making in at Aberdeen but best of luck to the lad.

We need defensive reinforcements as well as strengthening up top. Physical, quick players who have some experience rather than young lads trying to make their way I feel 

24 minutes ago, Geoffs Assistant said:

See he went straight back out on loan to Elgin.

Free's up another loan spot which will be needed. If Charlie is out for 2-3+ months as thought then it's worth returning him and looking for someone else in my opinion.

Think we have 4 loans now so 2 left to fill our max of 6 at anytime.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

Gilmour confirmed as returning to St Johnstone following his ankle injury. Right move as he'd be out until at least March if not April.

We're clearly making way for other loans to come in. Hopefully we can bring in at least 1 more before the Raith game. Need some centre backs.

2 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Gilmour confirmed as returning to St Johnstone following his ankle injury. Right move as he'd be out until at least March if not April.

We're clearly making way for other loans to come in. Hopefully we can bring in at least 1 more before the Raith game. Need some centre backs.

Just seen the announcement from Cove - you must have a good crystal ball!

Shame about Gilmour though, as I thought he looked a classy passer in the middle of the park and not afraid to get stuck in either.  Hope Hartley has someone as good lined up.