The AEW Thread

TheGoon

Enjoyed how he did the release suplex just like his old man did (I reckon if you did a side by side with that and Taz doing it to Kurt Angle it would be almost the same), and enjoyed how he now has the Tazzmission/Kata ha jime (was waiting for him to put it on) but has renamed it. He looked really smooth in the ring too. Guy has a big future.

In terms of overall presence, that’s about as impressive a debut outing as anyone, ever. If they want to make him the made Jade Cargill (he’s better than her) and keep it to competitive squashes for a while, I’d be game.

4 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

In terms of overall presence, that’s about as impressive a debut outing as anyone, ever. If they want to make him the made Jade Cargill (he’s better than her) and keep it to competitive squashes for a while, I’d be game.

I think he'll benefit from still largely seconding Team Taz. With the number of stables AEW has he can gradually get physical and have it lead to a meaningful match whether trios/tag/singles. He's not going to benefit from beating randoms no one cares about, that's why it helped that it was Fuego in there last night.

I've seen him compared to the heel Orange Cassidy in terms of the silent, cool, and assured presence he gives off. His eventual promo work is going to determine if can be a real breakout star. As he's looking like he'll be solid in the ring.

10 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I like Ogogo and realise he's working the marks, but he needs to wind it in a bit with his attempts to start Twitter beef with every indy wrestler.

Ach to be fair to him, he's most likely not going to have a long career given his chronic eye issues that ended his boxing career so he's just trying to make a name for himself in the time he has.

A slow burner, but my word what an hour from Danielson & Page. 

I wouldn’t have done another draw, and would’ve preferred Page beating him at the death. Guess it leaves the door open for a rematch but not really sure what you do after something like that 

6 hours ago, TheGoon said:

A slow burner, but my word what an hour from Danielson & Page. 

I wouldn’t have done another draw, and would’ve preferred Page beating him at the death. Guess it leaves the door open for a rematch but not really sure what you do after something like that 

Danielson should have definitely taken that pin at the end. He was 100% beaten at the end anyway as the Buckshot is well protected that I don't think anyone kicks out of it. So you may as well have allowed the pin.

He doesn't lose a shred of credibility in doing so and Page gets a monster of a first win as champion.

A draw would have been OK had it not happened so recently with Danielson and Omega.

Edited by djchapsticks

As much as I still enjoy AEW, I feel it's slightly lost it's shine the bigger it's getting. Now it's filled with actual stars it just doesn't feel the same. Kinda like that feeling when you first get into a band and they're not well known it loses its shine when they get bigger, you can't fault their progress but just doesn't feel the same as it did at the beginning 

For an hour long match, that was fantastic. Danielson is a wrestling genius and Hangman proved that he can go with the top guys at the highest level.

As has been said above, I think Danielson could gave taken the loss, but I'm assuming they are going to have a rematch with a stipulation at the big TNT special next month.

I really enjoyed MJF Vs Dante Martin as well. Some of Martin's spots were a little bit off, but him and MJF still had great chemistry.

I like that Ryback has fallen so low in the industry that he is now just a name to insult people with :lol:

53 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

As has been said above, I think Danielson could gave taken the loss, but I'm assuming they are going to have a rematch with a stipulation at the big TNT special next month.

I've seen this said elsewhere. Battle of the Belts is only going to be 1 hour and they're presumably going to showcasing the other titles. I'd see them maybe revisiting things for Revolution.

A bit like with Danielson v. Omega drawing, there isn't the obvious parting of the ways to move onto other things. Maybe this is where a debut comes along to keep Danielson busy through January or news of the Owen Hart Cup that could provide a detour for him.