The AEW Thread

TheGoon

42 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Just because Khan owns ROH doesn't mean they should start blending the rosters though. Otherwise it's not two shows. 

Joe's already talking about being a double champion.

RoH is going to be little different to NJ Strong, NXT, '00s OVW or '90s Memphis. A minor league roster with a mix of experience or prospects with the big stars dropping by on occasion.

10 hours ago, TheGoon said:

FTR are at the absolute top of their game. 

One of the best tag teams ever to do it. You could put them in there with any of the greatest tag teams of the past and they wouldn't look out of place at all.

16 hours ago, TheGoon said:

FTR are at the absolute top of their game. 

Absolutely, got to imagine they're building them as babyfaces to win the belts which would mean Jurassic Express will probably lose the belts beforehand. FTR vs Red Dragon? I'm not too sure what other heel tag team could take the titles.

As an aside, Jurassic Express title reign has been hugely underwhelming, don't think many people will be bothered when they lose the belts 

ETA - forgot about this from a few weeks ago from Cornette (I know) but I'm sure FTR are absolutely fuming about how their careers are going currently 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportskeeda.com/amp/aew/news-jim-cornette-thinks-ftr-unhappy-aew

Edited by Bert Raccoon

20 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Absolutely, got to imagine they're building them as babyfaces to win the belts which would mean Jurassic Express will probably lose the belts beforehand. FTR vs Red Dragon? I'm not too sure what other heel tag team could take the titles.

As an aside, Jurassic Express title reign has been hugely underwhelming, don't think many people will be bothered when they lose the belts 

ETA - forgot about this from a few weeks ago from Cornette (I know) but I'm sure FTR are absolutely fuming about how their careers are going currently 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportskeeda.com/amp/aew/news-jim-cornette-thinks-ftr-unhappy-aew

I've always thought they only got the push as they were pushing Jungle boy, I can see him moving onto a singles run at some point after they lose the titles

On 07/04/2022 at 21:05, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I'll admit that I never got the hype about FTR before, but their recent work has completely turned me around on them.

I actually think they work better as faces than heels. They are too good in the ring for folk to not get behind so are a bit wasted doing the sneaky bollocks stuff as it takes away from what they bring in terms of in ring performance.

I'm quite enjoying the breakdown of the pinnacle angle too and MJF trying his damndest to keep a semblance of it together.

I think it ends with FTR and maybe even Spears (going by his reaction to losing on Dynamite) siding with Wardlow, though I hope not on the latter. Spears is so brilliantly unlikeable and plays the cocky p***k who can't back it up and takes a shoeing so well. His match with CM Punk a while back was a great example of it. You just don't want to get behind him but he's great to watch. Some tremendous facial reactions as well.

Edited by djchapsticks

On 07/04/2022 at 19:28, Bert Raccoon said:

Agree re Jurassic Express. I think there’s enough in the tag team division to break them up. Jungle Boy is a real talent and deserves a singles push. Not sure where that’d leave Luchasaurus though. The guy is a great athlete and good in ring performer, but the character is basically non-existent, reliant on JB and Christian, and is ultimately just silly really. 

Would really like to see Jungle Boy being written into some semi-long term programme with maybe two or three of the other cruiserweight type performers for the TNT or FTW belt. I think some kind of programme with JB, Darby, Sammy Guevara and maybe someone like Rey Fenix could have some potential for entertainment and good matches.

Getting the dream Joe matches done ASAP before he gets injured again is a good idea.

That moxley/yuta match was something else. I just thought yuta was a hanger on with best friends until a few weeks ago, but he's excellent.

I'm bored with Danhausen now. He's funny on Twitter though.