The AEW Thread

TheGoon

On Wyatt, and particularly the Fiend stuff, would AEW even be able to touch that?  Wonder who owns that side of things.  Doubt it would be beyond someone like him to come up with something completely different, could definitely see it working. Especially given their desire to work with other companies, maybe have him split between Impact/AEW.

On Owens, I don't see WWE really thinking it's much of a loss, but that's another big name who could go out and put on a brilliant match leaving to do it elsewhere.  You have to imagine there's at least one person inside WWE desperately shaking their head going "but...he's GOOD" as Khan cuts guy after guy.  

47 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Bo got released as well didn't he? Just have the two of them come in as a tag team. I'd be more interested in that a singles run.

Battle of the Bros: Rotundas v. Young Bucks v. Lucha Bros v. Top Flight v. The Sydals v. The Gunn Club.

Jeff Hardy’s been relegated to WWE’s 24/7 goon squad too. Get him in. 

AEW will be fine I reckon. They’ve elevated the TNT title sufficiently with Miro that it has massive value in itself and that’s before you consider their links with multiple other promotions where big stars like Moxley and Christian can hold championships elsewhere and carve out a niche on the programming and in other promotions.

And then that’s before you consider the good personal feuds they’re doing with folk Jericho and MJF, incomers like Malakai Black on a personal path of destruction and the numerous stable feuds they’ve had over the last couple of years. I’d be worried more for them if they were stuck for ideas or overreliant on the world title to generate feuds but they’re not.

Watching Dynamite in recent weeks gives me that feel of AE WWE where it felt a bit anarchic and loose where anyone could turn up in a segment which is pretty good. Keeps it all moving at a good pace and lets a rotation of folk get involved. Both WWE and AEW should rotate their talents anyway with the title holders being the only folk who should be consistently on TV as a given, imo.

Also, I don’t see Bray going to AEW. Not one bit.

There's the two TV shows now. The TNT specials are going to work as doubling the number of "big PPV" calibre shows. It's also largely the former indy kids signing that are used to the booking style of working for promotions that work monthly/fortnightly for the likes of RoH. So the booking approach isn't different to what they were brought up on.

There's also the creative freedom of basically being allowed to steal the show wherever you are in the card. Curtain jerking isn't quite the same as it was decades ago.

Adam Cole seems happy that he'll largely be just working Wednesdays and can stream on Twitch the other 6 days a week.

I do think Friday is quite big for Andrade. The Sydal match was underwhelming and even the AAA showing with Omega wasn’t up to much. He has deliver with PAC or I’d worry about him getting lost in the shuffle a bit. 

It would be interesting if Wyatt ended up there, since he's a 100% wwe product. I wouldn't put it past him completely reinventing himself if he did. He is the type of act that would benefit from the old territory model where he could move from place to place as the big monster and not go stale. I could see him doing well in NJPW too.

The easy money would be on him taking on the dark order, but that might be weird with the Brodie Lee links.

Really like the Pillman/MJF stuff, and if they’re building to a big 10 man between The Elite and Bryan & Friends for the stadium that should be a belter, Punk vs Starks too!

Really not sure why Black went so long with Dustin though, and I have zero interest in that Cody rematch. The crowd are going to end up favouring Black. The Dan Lambert stuff is weird too. Good performer, but Ethan Page doesn’t need a mouthpiece and I’m not really sure what it’s leading to.  

Please bring back Suzuki.

9 hours ago, AFCDannyFTH said:

Pretty shit double standard of AEW to allow that after the shitstorm with Max Caster. MJF's promo was worse by a distance...

It was tremendous. 

Caster's rap was directed towards rape victims not involved in wrestling. I'm assuming the Pillmans were well aware what MJF was going to say before they agreed to take part in the segment.

Edited by Sherrif John Bunnell

41 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Caster's rap was directed towards rape victims not involved in wrestling. I'm assuming the Pillmans were well aware what MJF was going to say before they agreed to take part in the segment.

What happened with MJF explains why CM Punk shouted out Aunt Linda beforehand. Let everyone know that was the Pillman family for the later segment.