Bo'ness United 2019-2020

Lack of player availability for the Medda game was regrettable but understandable during "holiday season". However it's far from ideal that we can't (I guess) field a team a week before the start of the season. Hopefully the issue is with the Sunday, in which case maybe opponents can be found for Saturday?

In any event I'm afraid two cancellations don't reflect that well on us.

Felt quite positive after yesterday where I thought we played well, but the players need more minutes before the real stuff starts .

Two sides to this I suppose.  One, we certainly need more game time before the big ko but that can be achieved in practice matches at training.

Two, we really couldn't go in to a two day tournament with only 12? players.  Game time is one thing, burn out is quite another, with the added risk of injury.

Not the greatest of situations but there we go.

14 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

That fancy playing on AstroTurf.

The lads enthused about the surface at Dunipace last season, even Hunter!

It seems clear Max isn't prepared to water down his side by including pointless trialists and just wants to concentrate on the squad getting together.

The lads enthused about the surface at Dunipace last season, even Hunter!
It seems clear Max isn't prepared to water down his side by including pointless trialists and just wants to concentrate on the squad getting together.

Probably because the topic of conversation was AstroTurf. They’d definitely all rather be playing on the real stuff. My concern is that it might put players off joining us or will take daft wages to persuade them.

Are you sure players would rather play on grass (a soaking mud bath or fiery bobble fest?) That's realistically the two ends of the spectrum we operate on in Scotland (barring the small minority if clubs who have a really good grass surface.) given the period from October to March that is particularly wet, every year.

Some players wages are ridiculous for part time football in any case without the AstroTurf debate. Players who don't want to play on AstroTurf won't sign just because they are offered more money.

Are you sure players would rather play on grass (a soaking mud bath or fiery bobble fest?) That's realistically the two ends of the spectrum we operate on in Scotland (barring the small minority if clubs who have a really good grass surface.) given the period from October to March that is particularly wet, every year.

Some players wages are ridiculous for part time football in any case without the AstroTurf debate. Players who don't want to play on AstroTurf won't sign just because they are offered more money.

I’ve heard it from both sides from players. Not to Bo’ness, but I know one wee leagues player who has knocked back a move based on not fancying all home games being on AstroTurf, whereas I know of other wee leagues guys who aren’t fans of the AstroTurf but got made an offer they couldn’t refuse.

21 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

I’ve heard it from both sides from players. Not to Bo’ness, but I know one wee leagues player who has knocked back a move based on not fancying all home games being on AstroTurf, whereas I know of other wee leagues guys who aren’t fans of the AstroTurf but got made an offer they couldn’t refuse.

Calling it astro turf ffs

What are wee leagues? As I said, most players won't be bothered but certain players will.

Nowadays won't most clubs train on artificial turf?

Plus a good number of away games will be on 3G in most non-leagues in this part of the world and you can hardly avoid those matches.

Half of LL clubs have 3G... quarter of EOSL Premier... several in EOSL First Division Conference A.