Bo'ness United 2019-2020

50 minutes ago, boheesian said:

Apparently after the Dunipace match one of the older players was impressed by the surface which I’ve heard is the same being laid at Newtown.

Indeed.  Stuart Hunter was impressed by the surface.

Best surface I saw all season was at Heriot-Watt. 

4 hours ago, Jambo'ness said:

Have to argue with that one.  It's not stopped Broxburn putting a decent team together these last few years.

Many younger players only get the chance to play on artificial surfaces, so not going to stop them signing.  Only ones it may prevent are those that are over the hill with knee problems already.  If that stops them signing, thank God!

You are correct about the younger players but according to what I hear from physios mid 20 year olds have the joints of mid 30 year olds maybe someone who plays on it regularly could have an input

Just watched the video on EdinburghLive and it's gutting to watch it. The story says "it is thought the blaze started in piles of Astroturf".......hopefully that is not the case...... but the extent of the blaze would suggest there was a lot of something on fire.