Bo'ness United 2019-2020

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

I see Donnelly is suspended for the Lithgae game. Hopefully our injured players have been recovering over the last fortnight.

Will miss his presence. With Gemmell, Morgan, Snowdon and Keast carrying injuries W eight be thin on the ground. I believe Snowdon & Morgan played a part in Monday’s match so hopefully they might feature.

1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:

Whoever is playing better be switched on, no nonsense and right up for this. Whoever the ref is better be switched on to Coyne’s theatrics as well.

The Ref is an Alastair Grieve. He’s a Senior Ref with 7 years experience and has refereed the Rose so he will know all about Mr Coynes theatrics assuming he’s played in that match.

1 minute ago, Greygoose said:

Accusing other players of diving when you have Michael Gemmell in your squad.

What a belter.

Don’t recall him being booked for diving, however you may know otherwise. I have seen Coyne booked for it though.

On the subject of 'Dive' I assume there is still no cover for the away support tomorrow?

If you weren’t thick as f**k and capable of reading a weather forecast you’d see that it’s expected to be dry and a mild 9c so tbh, you look like a right pansy whining about cover.

36 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

On the subject of 'Dive' I assume there is still no cover for the away support tomorrow?

Since when was there any form of segregation at our level of East of Scotland football?  If you are frightened of getting your hair wet, stand in the covered terracing opposite the dugouts! 

31 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

Since when was there any form of segregation at our level of East of Scotland football?  If you are frightened of getting your hair wet, stand in the covered terracing opposite the dugouts! 

Sadly Casey there was at this particular derby. We, had a faction of youngsters that were very keen to create trouble at either ground. Both clubs decided to segregate supporters although the last few seasons the Rose have not imposed it. I heard that there was to be no segregation in place this weekend. 

Auld Heid would be warmly welcomed in the enclosure. The black smoke would unfortunately cause the abandonment of the game.

Edited by boheesian

Auld Heid repeatedly made complaints to everyone and anyone season after season about the enclosure being too dark and the terrace within it unsafe, so the BU started putting segregation in place when the wee Rose visit. Better that they are safe outside in the open and can see the terrace on which they’re walking/standing. Aye, it’s not ideal for them if it’s pissing down but they only have one of their own to blame.

12 minutes ago, boheesian said:

Sadly Casey there was at this particular derby. We, had a faction of youngsters that were very keen to create trouble at either ground. Both clubs decided to segregate supporters although the last few seasons the Rose have not imposed it. I heard that there was to be no segregation in place this weekend. 

Auld Heid would be warmly welcomed in the enclosure. The black smoke would unfortunately cause the abandonment of the game.

Certainly is sad!

That is what I like about our grade of football. That we can stand side by side, argue the toss about whether it was a sending off tackle or just a dive etc, or whether Gemmell is the ref or not, but still walk out of the ground side by side!

Hopefully no trouble during your match tomorrow!

The young team causing the bother are all long gone and it must be well over 10 years, (probably over 15 years now actually) since those wee clowns were around. The most recent incidents of any bother were at Linlithgow when DD their local dickhead assaulted young teenagers (some only 13, 14) and smashed bottles over their heads up at Linlithgow.

A few years ago there were a few incidents but fair play to the Boness committee who worked hard and seem to have eradicated any issues.

22 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Alastair Grieve was the referee at the BU4 Mussy 3 game.  Dished out several yellow cards that day as well as (eventually) red carding the BU assistant.

A real jobsworth !!

It was quite funny at the time! The only reason why (can’t remember Bo’ness + ex-Nitten Asst Mgr’s name) came back to the dugout area was because Max had been sent off! The look of his belief on his (Max) face and the fact that the linesman didn’t even correct the ref was even more bizarre as it was he who called the ref over in the 1st place!

Edited by Casey Jones