Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

2 hours ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

He did win the league cup with st mirren in the premier league and managed them for 4 years.He’s never relegated a team in his career and gave us 4 plus years of loyal commitment and you want john Rankin who in his first job has Hamilton accies at the bottom of the championship.I think you need a sanity check.

First and foremost I didn’t mention John Rankin once so don’t know where that’s came from. 

Going by your logic we have 2 premier league defenders, a premier league midfielder and a premier league striker because they have all played in that division in the last decade. All being managed by a premier league manager none the less. Yet we have lost 8 games in a row and counting in league 1. Strange

Edited by Ocelot1877

2 hours ago, Ocelot1877 said:

First and foremost I didn’t mention John Rankin once so don’t know where that’s came from. 

Going by your logic we have 2 premier league defenders, a premier league midfielder and a premier league striker because they have all played in that division in the last decade. All being managed by a premier league manager none the less. Yet we have lost 8 games in a row and counting in league 1. Strange

Put it this way get rid of DL and watch the team get relegated.I have no doubt he will start getting results.I think your a fair weather supporter.

3 hours ago, The 55 said:

So not a lie then? 

I said "either a lie or your club is run terribly".

To explain in plainer terms - as it appears that's necessary for you - either Clyde can afford to sack Lennon but are claiming they can't or they've made a mess of things financially.

Hope that helps.

7 hours ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

He did win the league cup with st mirren in the premier league and managed them for 4 years.He’s never relegated a team in his career and gave us 4 plus years of loyal commitment and you want john Rankin who in his first job has Hamilton accies at the bottom of the championship.I think you need a sanity check.

So, when you disagree with someone, the insults fly? The potted history of Danny’s career you kindly provide does not alter the league position we are in. Knocked out the cup by Clydebank, but it’s all good, he won the league cup with St Mirren. What a comfort! “Loyal commitment”? He was almost both feet through the door at Firhill at one point and only someone’s personal cheque book and an improved contract prevented that closing out. So please don’t preach unbridled loyalty. A full time job at the Club he captained was a much more attractive proposition.
Rankin in his first job, inherited a depleted squad, at a Club that is so skint they’ve had to roll back the clock 35 years and take us in as tenants. He’ll end up being a very good manager and well  beyond our standard.

He’s  a regular,  well respected pundit on tv, respected by his peers and the industry in general but you, who has no insight, foresight or apparent knowledge of football feels justified  in backing our current manager against him, despite the evidence in front of your nose and being insulting with those whose opinion differs to yours.
You  only have to look at the league table, listen to his post match interviews, witness his tactics and team selections, watch the  silly PR exercise podcast on the eve of our 7th straight defeat and hear him giggling about players in fancy dress whilst we the support are getting our heads around almost certain relegation or playoffs and it’s only the 3rd week of November!

And you have the temerity to suggest it is I who requires a sanity check?

13 hours ago, The 55 said:

I will bow to your in depth knowledge on the history of management contracts and Clyde’s finances in particular.

As a big daft lefty, a handle like 'The 55' likely either meaning the independence thing or the Rangers thing would really trigger me, but I'm feeling fairly zen this morning.

So I'll politely ask - what is your knowledge of the situation? Do you know something we don't? Or are you just taking a big swing and a miss? 

Put it this way get rid of DL and watch the team get relegated.I have no doubt he will start getting results.I think your a fair weather supporter.

You have no doubt he will start getting results? We’ve won 5 out of 29 league games in 2022, when will we be seeing these results?

He is also clearly incapable of building a properly balanced squad given he hasn’t managed to sign a full back worthy of the name in all our time in league one.

I don’t care what he achieved with st mirren a decade ago, I’m judging him on the here and now and finding him woefully short.

4 hours ago, Malcontent said:

So, when you disagree with someone, the insults fly? The potted history of Danny’s career you kindly provide does not alter the league position we are in. Knocked out the cup by Clydebank, but it’s all good, he won the league cup with St Mirren. What a comfort! “Loyal commitment”? He was almost both feet through the door at Firhill at one point and only someone’s personal cheque book and an improved contract prevented that closing out. So please don’t preach unbridled loyalty. A full time job at the Club he captained was a much more attractive proposition.
Rankin in his first job, inherited a depleted squad, at a Club that is so skint they’ve had to roll back the clock 35 years and take us in as tenants. He’ll end up being a very good manager and well  beyond our standard.

He’s  a regular,  well respected pundit on tv, respected by his peers and the industry in general but you, who has no insight, foresight or apparent knowledge of football feels justified  in backing our current manager against him, despite the evidence in front of your nose and being insulting with those whose opinion differs to yours.
You  only have to look at the league table, listen to his post match interviews, witness his tactics and team selections, watch the  silly PR exercise podcast on the eve of our 7th straight defeat and hear him giggling about players in fancy dress whilst we the support are getting our heads around almost certain relegation or playoffs and it’s only the 3rd week of November!

And you have the temerity to suggest it is I who requires a sanity check?

This is the same Danny Lennon who took us from the bottom of league 2 to promotion to league 1.The budget is the lowest in league 1 hence why players are being signed from lowland league and junior sides and also signing players who are at the end of their career or aren’t good enough at this level but he makes players better as he is a good coach.We are competing against full time clubs and I think the results will come.There is no budget left for this season so why would another manager want to take this over with no money to improve the squad in January.DL will turn this around.The negatively isn’t helping anyone get behind the manager and the club and let’s see how this unfolds.I agree with you it can’t be allowed to continue if this don’t change from Saturday.

21 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

You have no doubt he will start getting results? We’ve won 5 out of 29 league games in 2022, when will we be seeing these results?

He is also clearly incapable of building a properly balanced squad given he hasn’t managed to sign a full back worthy of the name in all our time in league one.

I don’t care what he achieved with st mirren a decade ago, I’m judging him on the here and now and finding him woefully short.

List your achievements in football or do you just go to the games to criticise the manager and the club.

1 hour ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

.I agree with you it can’t be allowed to continue if this don’t change from Saturday.

So if you want Danny to go now you are a “ fair weather fan” but if he loses on Saturday then you agree he has to go. 8 loses on the bounce is fine but 9 too much. 

Or is this a case of Saturday is a fresh start for some reason? 

Edited by Ocelot1877

14 hours ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

He did win the league cup with st mirren in the premier league and managed them for 4 years. He’s never relegated a team in his career and gave us 4 plus years of loyal commitment and you want john Rankin who in his first job has Hamilton accies at the bottom of the championship.I think you need a sanity check.

He resigned at us while mathematically not relegated but very much relegated. Would be a copout to suggest anything else.

Danny Lennon taking a three week holiday at the beginning of the season while we had almost no signed players may have had a sizeable impact in our fortunes for the campaign. What conclusions you can draw from the overnight improvement of Jack Ross with the same players I will leave to posterity.

If we don’t have the money to sack then surely we can’t afford to get relegated, the level of income will be a massive drop. 

He’s had plenty time to turn things round, it’s not happening. He said he didn’t think the 3 at the back worked on the podcast last Friday then played it on Tuesday. He’s desperately changing things constantly to get a result but constant change isn’t good for anyone in the squad. 

The time for change has been and gone. He shouldn’t be given Saturday but I’m assuming he will. 

1 hour ago, Brian Carrigan said:

As a big daft lefty, a handle like 'The 55' likely either meaning the independence thing or the Rangers thing would really trigger me, but I'm feeling fairly zen this morning.

So I'll politely ask - what is your knowledge of the situation? Do you know something we don't? Or are you just taking a big swing and a miss? 

Your narrow-minded West of Scotland thought processes are of no interest to me. 

If a manager has recently signed a two year contract, and has a back-room staff, it takes little imagination to foresee a situation where a club paying fairly low wages would struggle to pay out the majority of a two-year contract to one or more people. They would then have to replace said management team on similar terms. The change would not guarantee any improvement in form or results. So potentially by giving a two year deal they are now in a position of having to let it run. Especially as I believe they are facing an employment tribunal and the potential legal costs and future pay-out on that. 

For Clyde's sake it would be best if they had some performance based criteria in the contract that allowed a dismissal without a large pay-out, but not many will have hat level of insight into the contract.

16 minutes ago, The 55 said:

Your narrow-minded West of Scotland thought processes are of no interest to me. 

If a manager has recently signed a two year contract, and has a back-room staff, it takes little imagination to foresee a situation where a club paying fairly low wages would struggle to pay out the majority of a two-year contract to one or more people. They would then have to replace said management team on similar terms. The change would not guarantee any improvement in form or results. So potentially by giving a two year deal they are now in a position of having to let it run. Especially as I believe they are facing an employment tribunal and the potential legal costs and future pay-out on that. 

For Clyde's sake it would be best if they had some performance based criteria in the contract that allowed a dismissal without a large pay-out, but not many will have hat level of insight into the contract.

Is Motherwell not in the west of Scotland anymore?

10 minutes ago, Johnny Worm said:

Is Motherwell not in the west of Scotland anymore?

What has Motherwell's location got to do with any individual's way of thinking? Or are you suggesting all people from that area frame their thinking around Rangers and politics?

The standard of debate on here is woeful.

1 hour ago, Ocelot1877 said:

So if you want Danny to go now you are a “ fair weather fan” but if he loses on Saturday then you agree he has to go. 8 loses on the bounce is fine but 9 too much. 

Or is this a case of Saturday is a fresh start for some reason? 

Personally I would give him until Christmas to turn it around.I think that would be fair considering his loyalty to the club  but these are board decisions not yours on my decisions.Are you a person that has all the answers.  

1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

He resigned at us while mathematically not relegated but very much relegated. Would be a copout to suggest anything else.

Danny Lennon taking a three week holiday at the beginning of the season while we had almost no signed players may have had a sizeable impact in our fortunes for the campaign. What conclusions you can draw from the overnight improvement of Jack Ross with the same players I will leave to posterity.

I’m sure DL deserved a holiday the same as yourself.In this day and age I’m sure he would still have been working on deals while he was on holiday