Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

22 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Blame should include the fans that chanted Danny Lennon's name for the last couple of seasons. That's seasons where we've produced shite performances, incredibly poor signings and baffling team selection and formations

No wonder Danny Lennon and the board felt comfortable with those performances.

I look forward to Danny's reflections on the match. In reality, you could just replay any recordings from the last three seasons. Nothing has changed.

HD- go get your best bottle of fizz out…… 

I agree wholeheartedly with you. Probably for the first time ever…😂

I am beyond caring anymore. Don’t miss the games when I don’t make it and haven’t for many years.

Got the bug back during the promotion season but the past 15 years have been fucking shite, let’s be honest.

If you’d have told me I’d be of this opinion in the late 90s or early 2000s I would’ve said you were mad but there’s absolutely no enjoyment in supporting the club anymore. At every possible turn we make an absolute James Blunt of it, from the players, manager, recruitment team and the board. So many f**k ups year after year. I really cannot be arsed with it anymore. I’m sure many more are the same, and there’s been 100s Chuck it since we got relegated from the championship and league one under John Brown.

There’s no real incentive to go to games now, even more so now being cut adrift at the bottom with Peterhead with little chance of making it up. 

We are so badly run, the David Goodwillie fiasco really summed it up for me. The complete stupidity amongst the fans, board and management to think that was a good idea to have him back was unbelievable. Having already struggled to get back into it as much post covid, that situation put me off even more. 

Follow that with NLC putting us out, for us to suddenly announce a move to Hamilton and claim it as some sort of victory to leave on our terms was embarrassing. 

It’s one shambles to the next, and has been for years. Even in the promotion season we managed to get 4 points taken off us in the middle of a double digit unbeaten run. 

I rarely make games these days, actually could’ve made Tuesday and today but what really is the point, there are just better things to do and spend money on. 

2 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

I am beyond caring anymore. Don’t miss the games when I don’t make it and haven’t for many years.

Got the bug back during the promotion season but the past 15 years have been fucking shite, let’s be honest.

If you’d have told me I’d be of this opinion in the late 90s or early 2000s I would’ve said you were mad but there’s absolutely no enjoyment in supporting the club anymore. At every possible turn we make an absolute James Blunt of it, from the players, manager, recruitment team and the board. So many f**k ups year after year. I really cannot be arsed with it anymore. I’m sure many more are the same, and there’s been 100s Chuck it since we got relegated from the championship and league one under John Brown.

Same as me..tried a Season ticket, ownership, buying merchandise, lottery etc but was a complete waste of time and money…I enjoy watching football, but thinking now of travelling to a chosen game now rather than support any one team…will still keep an eye on Clyde but there are better football experiences out there. …bigger crowds and decent quality too..would rather travel an hour to watch a decent Junior/Lowland League game, than follow Clyde…it’s that simple. And that owner model is a nonsense…it’s unravelled hugely since the DGW fiasco. 

8 hours ago, Bob731 said:

Same as me..tried a Season ticket, ownership, buying merchandise, lottery etc but was a complete waste of time and money…I enjoy watching football, but thinking now of travelling to a chosen game now rather than support any one team…will still keep an eye on Clyde but there are better football experiences out there. …bigger crowds and decent quality too..would rather travel an hour to watch a decent Junior/Lowland League game, than follow Clyde…it’s that simple. And that owner model is a nonsense…it’s unravelled hugely since the DGW fiasco. 

I’ve been to see two other teams other than Clyde this year. I was in the away end for Bolton (my other team) at Wigan in April amongst 4000 away fans, it was brilliant, think there was about 16000 people there for a big local derby game. And I went to Hearts vs Fiorentina a couple of weeks ago in the Europa conference league at a sold out Tynecastle. 

the standard of football for a start was a million miles better but the whole matchday experience was night and day from Clyde too. The atmosphere outside and in the stadiums was brilliant which makes a massive difference being at a stadium that is buzzing compared to Broadwood and more recently NDP amongst 400 or 500 people, most of whom are pissed off at the shite they’re watching.

I came away from those games having thoroughly enjoyed things and not feeling angry and deflated at the state of what I’d just watched.

I’d rather do that every month for example than waste circa £20 a week watching us play shite against other poor teams in a near empty stadium with no atmosphere. It’s a no brainer for me.

If things improve I’d come back more often but nothings changed since we got relegated from the championship other than the playoff victory.

If Lennon doesn't get sacked this week I'm intrigued to learn what it will actually take. Relegation is pretty much a given when you have a run of form this bad so not sacking him for this means relegation isn't being considered a sackable offence in itself. Does it take a relegation battle in League Two? Does he get to the end of his contract no matter what because the board have fucked up so badly they can't find any way to afford to sack him?

41 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

If Lennon doesn't get sacked this week I'm intrigued to learn what it will actually take. Relegation is pretty much a given when you have a run of form this bad so not sacking him for this means relegation isn't being considered a sackable offence in itself. Does it take a relegation battle in League Two? Does he get to the end of his contract no matter what because the board have fucked up so badly they can't find any way to afford to sack him?

He has to get sacked simply for his response to Queen's second goal. Complete acceptance, literally no attempt to chase an equaliser.

11 minutes ago, David W said:

He has to get sacked simply for his response to Queen's second goal. Complete acceptance, literally no attempt to chase an equaliser.

This is nothing short of a witch hunt.The guy needs your support more than ever.If we keep the faith he will turn it around.You lot should be ashamed of yourselves and you call yourselves fans.All I have read is bullshit from you all.Some of these results are narrow defeats with individual errors and I think the results will come but he is the guy to save us from relegation.If you make the change then relegation will follow and with the budget league 1 football is as good as it gets.

10 hours ago, Bob731 said:

You got to stay the course Bob the club needs you ;) it is a shame if you pack it in but its your choice. 

2 minutes ago, Blydoit Bully Wee said:

You got to stay the course Bob the club needs you ;) it is a shame if you pack it in but its your choice. 

He’s a fair weather supporter who only supports teams that win all the time and when the going gets tough he wants to run away.Go and watch celtic and watch them life trophies we at Clyde don’t need you.