Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Annan’s 7 is Tony Wallace who was rank for us. Pollok’s right back looks a player. 

Fraser Mullen, he’s looked decent tonight. But 6 years at a consistently dreadful Cowdenbeath side before signing for pollock. [emoji848]

He wouldn’t be any worse than Lyon, that’s for sure.

44 minutes ago, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

Watching the Scottish Cup on the BBC.  Couple of players like the Pollok #4 and the Annan #7 have caught the eye.

Although we had Wallace, could it be another example of Danny’s tactics with some decent players…although he was up against Goodwillie. On the other hand, a good looking crowd size there tonight and a decent revenue no doubt too. The next 10 years will see a lot of lowland teams coming up and staying up. 

If Joe Gorman, Eddie Ferns and others escaped our notice, then Tony Wallace really should have served as a real warning that DL's recruitment was awful.

Team of the year playing off the left, we played him centre mid and as a target man. Nowhere near good enough technically to play there.

1 hour ago, David W said:

If Joe Gorman, Eddie Ferns and others escaped our notice, then Tony Wallace really should have served as a real warning that DL's recruitment was awful.

Team of the year playing off the left, we played him centre mid and as a target man. Nowhere near good enough technically to play there.

Was Tony Wallace not another one of the long list of players that Danny tried at full back? 

Ross lyon

Paul kennedy

Ray grant 

Barry cuddihy

John Rankin

Tom Lang

Ally Love

My head has went blank now, but who else in Dannys tenure has been shoehorned into a full back? 

I still remember the Game against Dumbarton I think second last game of the Covid season, we had Otoo on loan from Celtic who was a left back and he was playing really well there. Then for this one game he inexcusably put Otoo at left mid and Ally Love at left back. 

We did not win this game

A bit harsh on DL to mention Cuddihy, Lyon and McNiff given that they've either played well there or played there at other clubs.

Rumsby at right back was the worst though, genuinely felt sorry for him. Perhaps only rivalled by actual left back Liam Allison.

I might be wrong on this, but I'm not convinced Otoo was a left back before we signed him.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/clyde-at-lowest-point-admits-28321150?utm_source=linkCopy&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

A few quotes from our manager:

“I take full responsibility as Clyde manager." He said the same last season. He should resign.

"I know it is unacceptable losing that amount of games on the trot..."
It must be acceptable because he's still in position.

"If it wasn’t for bad luck, we’d have no luck at all."
Does that sound like someone taking responsibility?
Three years of bad luck?

32 minutes ago, David W said:

A bit harsh on DL to mention Cuddihy, Lyon and McNiff given that they've either played well there or played there at other clubs.

Rumsby at right back was the worst though, genuinely felt sorry for him. Perhaps only rivalled by actual left back Liam Allison.

I might be wrong on this, but I'm not convinced Otoo was a left back before we signed him.

I believe Otoo was a left back that can also play in CDM? Could be wrong

Cuddihy and McNiff whilst performing well there were still very much shoehorned in. McNiff looked absolutely lost at L1 playing there yet Lennon persisted. Obviously not McNiffs fault, the blame lies with the manager.