Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

Exactly. We really don't need what little fans we have left to stop going.
We've lost 9 games in a row ffs! Fwiw, Jim Chapman left the club third bottom of League 2 on 8 points after 10 games (2 wins, 2 draws, 6 losses) and we were going ballistic wanting rid of him. Boys were literally fighting with John Joyce which ultimately made their position untenable. We now have someone who's supposed to be a better manager on a much poorer run of games after an extremely poor few seasons. I understand we can't risk getting sued (again) but there must be some way out of this.
It just goes to show that being a "likable character" goes a long way as a football manager.

How many posts, including my own, have started with "Although I like Danny..."?

It negates the seasons of stagnation we've endured. It's almost like we're apologising to him for delivering us rotten football.

Until recently fans were still singing his name. Remember, that's after three seasons of shite.

I'm in no doubt his likeability has ingratiated him to the board who don't want to sack a "good guy".

We may have a small budget but year in, year out we waste it on players, who for the most part, don't even get on the pitch

He needs to go.

29 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

It just goes to show that being a "likable character" goes a long way as a football manager.

It negates the seasons of stagnation we've endured. It's almost like we're apologising to him for delivering us rotten football.

Until recently fans were still singing his name. Remember, that's after three seasons of shite.

I'm in no doubt his likeability has ingratiated him to the board who don't want to sack a "good guy".

We may have a small budget but year in, year out we waste it on players, who for the most part, don't even get on the pitch

He needs to go.

Let’s  all just agree Danny gets sacked and we will see if pep or klopp is available .You guys are full of shit there is no budget to bring in another manager how hard is it to understand Danny will be in charge of the team  at Alloa.None of you like me but you still read my posts as you know that I know what’s really going on.

3 hours ago, Ocelot1877 said:

Just stop responding to them and giving them what they want. Block and move on. 

Just click the 3 lines at the top right ( or whatever you see to access account settings) >Account> Ignored users >Type the name in>Check all the boxes >Move on. 

Done 

59 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

He needs to go.

You're right, his personality make us a bit warmer to him, however this is a time for facts.

He got us out of a poor 2nd division

He had possibly 1 of the best strikers outside the SPL to help

We have just escaped relegation back to league 2 every year under his leadership since our promotion

His recruitment was poor so we brought in a recruitment team to pre select players. His selection was poor of these options. 

This season, he says he got all his targets and we were looking for more dynamic quicker players. That lasted 2 league games.

We always use budgets as his defence but this is said without any counter evidence...Edinburgh, Arbroath, Kelty etc. 

He was nearly sacked after the Clydebank game last year.

We offered him an extension to his contract when he was allegedly a target for Thisle.  Stupidity, this would have expired in September.  He got a new contract in April 2022.

He is amongst the highest paid PART TIME managers in Scotland.

Due to his part time status, he rarely watches other team's matches or scouts players.

It is said his methods are old fashioned and not favoured by players.

What is the basis for keeping him?  If hoping for a change of luck is the way ahead that's a pretty awful strategy.  Changing things usually has some effect. 

2 hours ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

Let’s  all just agree Danny gets sacked and we will see if pep or klopp is available .You guys are full of shit there is no budget to bring in another manager how hard is it to understand Danny will be in charge of the team  at Alloa.None of you like me but you still read my posts as you know that I know what’s really going on.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

7 minutes ago, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

Watching the Scottish Cup on the BBC.  Couple of players like the Pollok #4 and the Annan #7 have caught the eye.

Annan’s 7 is Tony Wallace who was rank for us. Pollok’s right back looks a player. 

10 minutes ago, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

Watching the Scottish Cup on the BBC.  Couple of players like the Pollok #4 and the Annan #7 have caught the eye.

As shite as this team is I still wouldn't have they 2 anywhere near it.