Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

100 % agree with the big guy the 4 games are winnable, and if they did it sets up a home tie with Raith. This team strike me as a group of guys who would love to right the previous wrongs!

I can see the logic in dropping Smith but Johnston has been electric coming off the bench

Boy I have seen some piss on Twitter today, why we don’t want an away tie out of Scotland in the next round of the challenge cup , as the club don’t have the money to cover the expenses. We get 4K to travel I believe and how do people know the state of the finances who walk around in a bull suit every second Saturday

2 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Even if it is £4k, Surely that would cover the team getting to any of these away games and a hotel for the night. I dont think Emirates do first class to Waterford or Solihull...

How big is your squad? You could be looking at travel and accommodation for around 30 people in total once all staff are factored in. Even going on a shitty coach and choosing a low rating hotel would make it difficult to achieve that on £4K IMO.

I know when Dumbarton played TNS in the semi-final a couple of years back it cost us money, but I think there is a bigger payment now.

13 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

How big is your squad? You could be looking at travel and accommodation for around 30 people in total once all staff are factored in. Even going on a shitty coach and choosing a low rating hotel would make it difficult to achieve that on £4K IMO.

I know when Dumbarton played TNS in the semi-final a couple of years back it cost us money, but I think there is a bigger payment now.

Our team coach is Parks of Hamilton. Not sure what our arrangements are with them. 

We have a playing squad of 22. Then theres Danny Lennon, Allan Moore and the rest of the backroom staff so not far off 30 in total. 

We would make a profit when we beat Waterford and make it to the next round anyway... 🙈

52 minutes ago, Billy Reid Fan Club said:

Boy I have seen some piss on Twitter today, why we don’t want an away tie out of Scotland in the next round of the challenge cup , as the club don’t have the money to cover the expenses. We get 4K to travel I believe and how do people know the state of the finances who walk around in a bull suit every second Saturday

Since this is aimed at me, I don't and I was merely giving my own opinion based on what was discussed at the recent Q&A regarding finances.  

You have nothing to worry about, me or the bull know as much about the finances as any other fan.  

Also if it is indeed £10k cost now then "the bloke in the bull costume" fear's around an away draw were misplaced.  That would more than cover it.  

Edited by Adolfo Rios

Our team coach is Parks of Hamilton. Not sure what our arrangements are with them. 
We have a playing squad of 22. Then theres Danny Lennon, Allan Moore and the rest of the backroom staff so not far off 30 in total. 
We would make a profit when we beat Waterford and make it to the next round anyway... [emoji85]
anyway this isnt about money its about a real treat for the fans and according to lennon the players were buzzing on saturday they want a trip to ireland [emoji16]

so lets see who and if it is an away tie then its party time [emoji482][emoji482]

4 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

anyway this isnt about money its about a real treat for the fans and according to lennon the players were buzzing on saturday they want a trip to ireland emoji16.png

so lets see who and if it is an away tie then its party time emoji482.pngemoji482.png

We are Clyde so itll be Elgin away or St Mirren Colts at home 😆

I think it's a reasonable question to ask, whether it's correct that teams should lose significant money playing an away cup game. Especially, against teams outwith Scotland who were invited into the competition by the ruling body.

Does supporter experience make that worthwhile? I'd say yes