Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

:lol: There are some brave (and wild) attempts on here but there are literally no positives about this at all. 

Good luck to DGW, it can't have been fun playing with the complete rubbish we've put alongside him this season. All things considered, it's embarrassing that we've only managed to have a decent squad around him for a season and a half of his time at Clyde.

6 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

We’re a bottom end League 1 club at the moment. Jamieson is a good player.

Who exactly are you expecting as a replacement?

That not my job that the recruitment team’s job but if they think Jamieson going to be any sort of replacement he won’t be.  Will score 5 goal I predict - max

Look DGW is the best player I have seen in 40 years supporting Clyde and I don’t expect us to have anyone again of the same standard for the length of time he has been with us in my lifetime

Whatever the plan is there won’t be a suitable replacement

Just now, Scott-Replay said:

I can’t wait to watch Jones and Tade run for the next thirteen games. I mean, we were watching it anyway but it’s going to be even worse now.

Giving me nightmares already

Just as well we have 7 points on Dumbarton and Alloa but they have both got a game in hand that could turn it into  4 

1 minute ago, David W said:

:lol: There are some brave (and wild) attempts on here but there are literally no positives about this at all. 

I don’t actually agree that there are literally *no* positives.

For so long, we’ve been a one man club, entirely reliant on performances from DGW. Even when we had decent players around him, it was always the Goodwillie show. Without him we had absolutely nothing. If anything, this forces development in his absence. Don’t get me wrong, it could swing either way and we could end up completely fucked, but we have to live without him someday, might as well be now.

Also, it’s quite refreshing to not be the team that has an actual rapist on the books - not that it absolves us.

He’s been a great servant to the club though, no doubt.

12 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Never a good Captain….whit?

We just about owe our very existence as a club to him, we would be rooted at the bottom of the league this year without his goals and assists, if that’s not leading by example as a captain on the field what is, come on!

Of course we owe our very existence to him, and his skills and professionalism were fantastic and we are unlikely to see anyone as good for the foseeable future. He's is going to be sorely missed. 

But as a motivator/organiser on the pitch he didn't do it for me I'm afraid. His role up front kept him too remote from  thick of it to be fully effective. Only my opinion.

1 minute ago, Brian Carrigan said:

I don’t actually agree that there are literally *no* positives.

For so long, we’ve been a one man club, entirely reliant on performances from DGW. Even when we had decent players around him, it was always the Goodwillie show. Without him we had absolutely nothing. If anything, this forces development in his absence. Don’t get me wrong, it could swing either way and we could end up completely fucked, but we have to live without him someday, might as well be now.

Also, it’s quite refreshing to not be the team that has an actual rapist on the books - not that it absolves us.

He’s been a great servant to the club though, no doubt.

Think more likely to end up completely fucked which could easily still happen this season as our luck has to change at some points as the points amassed to date is far more than our performances deserve

3 minutes ago, LiviClyde said:

Of course we owe our very existence to him, and his skills and professionalism were fantastic and we are unlikely to see anyone as good for the foseeable future. He's is going to be sorely missed. 

But as a motivator/organiser on the pitch he didn't do it for me I'm afraid. His role up front kept him too remote from  thick of it to be fully effective. Only my opinion.

Personally don’t think the role of captain is that important compared to years ago

Any player will tell you that a good team needs to have 4 or 5 “captains” in the side

2 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

Remember the w**kfest that took place when he said he wanted to stay until he was 40, in the summer? It’s amazing what half a season playing alongside that shower does to you.

Was never going to happen-but just shows you that players talk a lot of sh*** as he did say that would stay as long as Clyde wanted him too.

But I did think we would have him for the rest of his contract so just really a bit pissed off tonight that he has moved on

Whether it the right move for him only time will tell but it will just drag everything back up with him surely alienating a portion of the raith fans and given bigger crowds will get stick week in week out which had largely died down with us

31 minutes ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

Basically said the same above

To leave it till 10.30pm on transfer deadline day basically shows the shambles of board we have.

It should have been done at least a week ago or no deal unless at least £100k which it won’t be

It will be less than £50k plus some if they get promoted

So you know exactly all the details about the deal and the timings of it, plus you know all the details of fee and Add ons?

of course you don’t, but would definitely suggest you get involved and reach out to the board to offer your expertise. 

Any news on Jamison's injury?

Hopefully it's not the Jones/Tade combo for the near future.
Three league goals between them this season. Balatoni almost has more own goals than those two combined.

Perhaps, in the long run, we shouldn't be trying to replace Goodwillie directly. We simply won't be able to do that.

Use the Goodwillie windfall, strengthen the rest of the squad. Rather than being a one man team we sign a creative midfielder, good attackers and better defenders.

The problem is it's too late this window. It's a case of hanging on to next season and hoping our one man team doesn't plummet down the league to relegation.

33 minutes ago, David W said:

I can think of one massive positive. You no longer employ a rapist. 

18 minutes ago, Shetto Clyde Man said:

So you know exactly all the details about the deal and the timings of it, plus you know all the details of fee and Add ons?

of course you don’t, but would definitely suggest you get involved and reach out to the board to offer your expertise. 

I always said the board was in a difficult position when a players head is turned and they want to move away

Most of us would be the same if we were offered a significant increase in our salary to move to another job doing the same as what we do the now

Reality is DGW could be the difference to RR getting promoted direct or via the playoff this season and if that happens he can renegotiate on personal terms when in premier league

On your point about knowing all the details I didn’t know everything but;

1. Know the person that has been advising DGW over the last month or so

2. Know DGW best friend as he is a client of mine through my day job

So had more of an insight of what was happening than your average joe public

Going to be a real battle to stay up this season from now. There cannot be any more excuses though during the summer, if the standard of signings doesn’t improve, I honestly don’t think we will ever be able to get it right. If we have this massive pot of money in our player budget it has to be reinvested. Every penny of it. 

6 minutes ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

Going to be a real battle to stay up this season from now. There cannot be any more excuses though during the summer, if the standard of signings doesn’t improve, I honestly don’t think we will ever be able to get it right. If we have this massive pot of money in our player budget it has to be reinvested. Every penny of it. 

Who says we have a massive pot of money in our player budget?

The board won’t reinvest all DGW saved salary next year in the playing budget I would guess