Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

This is what gets me. Five years they’ve stuck by him and made him their captain. Now they’re talking about him as one of the best players they’ve had. As you say, though, it is Clyde right enough.
Had some conversations with folk I know today that defend him and hit out with the “never found guilty” pish. Genuinely saddened that is their point of view.
I don't think most of the Clyde fans have even bothered to read the court findings. I doubt most of them would be posting the stuff they do if they did read it. His actions and behaviour were appalling.

9 hours ago, QPSpider1867 said:

A disgrace just like Clyde. 

Have a read through the court documents if you’re not familiar. 

https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/search-judgments/judgment?id=d22e28a7-8980-69d2-b500-ff0000d74aa7 

Stunned you lot keep defending him. 

Well he’s not a Clyde player any longer as Raith have paid for his footballing services so you can continue voicing your opinion on the matter on their thread.

2 hours ago, Clyde_1977 said:

Does the armband go to Love as has been the case when he was injured or are there any other contenders worth considering?

Ally is committed or he should be.  If anyone saw Love v Alloa they will probably think he was luck to see the last 75% of the match.  He got book and argued for the following 20 mins.  He then needed 3 team mates to hold him back from a square go with Ferguson.

Hardly captain material.

10 hours ago, kenrobell said:

Reading through that for the first time a lot of the testimonies and cross examinations rule each other out for instance see holes in the brothers pursuers and mothers stories can see why the cops chose not to proceed with court proceeding I think the smoking gun of guilt is they both fucked off in the middle of the night to leave a female they don’t know in a flat that someone else has any decent bloke would have
Woke up next day let her out and locked up
Fact one fucked off hour later then other one left at 4 …. Where did they have to be so quickly running from the crime

The bouncer witness got to me. She said the pursuer could barely stand or speak, she wanted her in an ambulance and was not "compos mentis". Goodwillie and David Robertson assured the bouncer she would be fine. They took her to a mates flat, raped her, and left her there. 

Clyde also signed Alan Lithgow months after he was convicted. It's a culture thing and I hate it. 

Craig Thomson shouldn't be allowed to play football. Edi City and Cowdenbeath are marked forever imo. Hopefully Mason Greenwood serves time.

Football must do better!!!

1 hour ago, Uniform11 said:

As expected, some Clyde fans outing themselves as total moonhowlers on BBC Radio Scotland. Texting in with comments such as “club legend” etc. 

It's really not good. I would ask why you were here talking about it though but the answer is obviously to goad said moonhowlers into biting. I would chastise you for it but the amount of times I've been on the Airdrie thread talking about Yaxley-Lennon is wild.

1 hour ago, QPSpider1867 said:

The bouncer witness got to me. She said the pursuer could barely stand or speak, she wanted her in an ambulance and was not "compos mentis". Goodwillie and David Robertson assured the bouncer she would be fine. They took her to a mates flat, raped her, and left her there. 

Clyde also signed Alan Lithgow months after he was convicted. It's a culture thing and I hate it. 

Craig Thomson shouldn't be allowed to play football. Edi City and Cowdenbeath are marked forever imo. Hopefully Mason Greenwood serves time.

Football must do better!!!

It maybe doesn't change your overall point, but Alan Lithgow's trial took place after he had signed. If I remember correctly, the whole story came out in the days after we signed him.

On the point of captains - there isn’t really anyone in the squad at the moment that I feel would be an ideal captain, whether it’s because they don’t seem to have the “classic” leadership qualities or they just aren’t good enough footballers.

I still think captaincy is important, especially within dressing rooms. The captain should be experienced, enjoy a rapport with the fans and also be the first name on the team sheet and be ready to grab the players and/or the game by the scruff of the neck.

With all that in mind, I think that the most ideal candidate is Neil Parry, but I hate when goalies are captains so probably Ally Love.

10 minutes ago, You Only Live Twice said:

Who exactly is asking for it to be swept under a carpet? We are all just sick of hearing the same recycled shit-slinging, having endured it in nearly every thread for over four years now.

Goodwillie has moved on and a few dozen fans of his previous club on a football forum had absolutely nothing to do with his signing. Take your concerns up with Raith Rovers or Clyde directly, and private message any idiots who continue to idolise him or offend you in responding to your repeated attempts to provoke a reaction.

D8DE074B-2EC5-48CA-9179-4BDCACB7A1F4.thumb.jpeg.468d45304bcb0699df7aa346aa8d21ad.jpeg

calm-down-dear.jpg

The Captain is merely a PR position within the club.

Players respect who they respect irrespective of who's wearing the armband. Leaders on the field don't need to be officially designated by the club.

Someone who presents a good image of the club and can string two words together will do me.