Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

22 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Forgive me but it seems a bit convenient that now your club has apparently pocketed £50k in selling him that the morals of actually having him as a player comes to the surface for many of you. 

Moonster, that is one view.  My view is that people change, as does society.  It's now that he has gone rather than us trowsering £50k that has informed my decision.  I can't talk for anyone else.

As I have posted elsewhere. I could not just stop attending in 2017 as I was employed to take someone to games. 

I was also a different person. I have also matured massively since then. I was bought totally with "rehabilitation". He has shown no remorse so that angle is well out the window. 

Easy to say now but as time has gone on it has been uneasy marrying my views outside of football with watching, and paying, for him.

Am I a massive hypocrit? Yes

Has the horse bolted? Yes

Am I sick of being judged because of my football team? Yes

Am I likely to chuck it if he does come back. Definitely 

We have a small chance to move on and repair some of the damage. If we bring him back know it is beyond stupidity.

47 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Forgive me but it seems a bit convenient that now your club has apparently pocketed £50k in selling him that the morals of actually having him as a player comes to the surface for many of you. 

This was my view too. He should never have laying so low under the radar at Clyde for 5 years and shouldn't be playing football again.

The fact Clyde managed to make money from him is also ridiculous.

Bring him "home"... 🤮😂 I'm sure he felt the same way when he was desperate to leave.

I'd love to see DG to come back home and scoring a hat trick as we tan RR in the playoffs.  

50 grand for a loan of a player for a week or so, plus they pay his full time wages for a couple of years. What's not to like.🤣

Do you think RR would like to borrow a few other players for a few days for 50+ grand?

1 hour ago, TheBigGuy said:

I'd bring him home now

1 hour ago, bullywee2010 said:

I'd bring him home ASAP. We are unlikely to have same issues as Raith have had with sponsors and fans etc as fans that have been going for last 5 years I assume will continue to go and our current sponsorships were arranged with him already at the club.

The absolute most roasting hot of Graham Spiers type takes.

1 hour ago, GorbalsLaddie said:

I'd love to see DG to come back home and scoring a hat trick as we tan RR in the playoffs.  

50 grand for a loan of a player for a week or so, plus they pay his full time wages for a couple of years. What's not to like.🤣

Do you think RR would like to borrow a few other players for a few days for 50+ grand?

What an absolutely deluded dickhead 😂

50 grand for a loan of a player for a week or so, plus they pay his full time wages for a couple of years. What's not to like.[emoji1787]

A member of this site for nearly 9 years and THIS is your first post? Away to f**k please….

I'd bring him home ASAP. We are unlikely to have same issues as Raith have had with sponsors and fans etc as fans that have been going for last 5 years I assume will continue to go and our current sponsorships were arranged with him already at the club.

He chose to jump ship as he thought he could get away with it. He should not be allowed to come back here with his tail between his legs to play for us again. I don’t care what a great lad Danny Lennon or his team mates think he is, he’s untouchable now.

I only hope we had the sense to get cash upfront and not instalments or some other agreement. Raith knew all about his baggage and took him on anyway, that’s their problem now.

No way can we take him back, he wanted away , and got what he wanted.

I’m really looking forward to seeing us playing with 2 up front now, the only problem is we don’t have one never mind two, and I doubt if any of the 50k will see it’s way down to finance a couple of decent loan signings. 🇾🇪🇾🇪🇾🇪

Just hope with money we have gotten that it is spent wisely and a good chuck is allocated to next season’s budget. One of the first things I’d be doing is offering Danny and moorey new deals, think the have earned it after steadying the sinking ship we were at the start of the season. I believe we can stay up with the team we have the now. Just got to make sure we 100% back the boys till the end of the season [emoji1267]

I get the feeling Danny will wait to see what happens next 2 games certainly this week as in try / hope get 3 points on Saturday and draw against Dumbarton at least, if not he will have bring some players in.

Try to keep budget for next season is a big gamble at this stage.

Edited by FREDDYFRY

I think most Clyde fans are not proud of DGW and like society in general, have been split over this whole sorry episode.  When watching him play, I prefer to put his past out of my head, but that's impossible.

I work with other League one fans (Peterhead, Cove, Mo, the Fife) they still call Clyde the Rapists 11. Fekk that for a handle for your club. If I was a Clyde fan, I would never have wanted him in the first place, regardless of the details of the trials, nice guy or not.

David Robertson did the right thing.

I’ve no way of knowing, but it might be entirely possible that when Goodwillie negotiates his “release” from Raith Rovers there is a clause where can’t play for anyone while being paid by them. Common practice with managers when they are sacked while under contract.

Purely conjecture on my part as I said. 

Edited by FREDDYFRY

Stopped going when they took him on. Only went back this season as i figured the only person I was punishing was myself. Rapy Dave didn't care whether I was there or not. Was over the moon when he left. If we take him back i'm off again - don't know whether I could ever come back.

I really don't see how he can return to Clyde after the furore and think he is now finished in football. 

I remember Clyde taking a lot of flak when he was signed (contrary to what some have been suggesting this week) but don't recall it being as intense as the attention that came our way. I don't think this is a bad thing - there have been numerous developments since 2017 and in light of a number of scandals, people are (rightly) less tolerant of sex offenders and rapists continuing in high profile positions than they were previously. 

I don't really know the ins and outs of how the transfer happened but leaving Clyde was a terrible idea for Goodwillie. He had a pretty cushy number and pretty much could keep his head down and get on with it. He ought to have known the backlash that would occur and I am not sure why he wanted to go through it. Maybe he wasn't satisfied with his lot, which I understand, but it's a naive position to take given his past. 

That all said he's going to leave us with a massive payout for his troubles. Perversely, he emerges from this as one of the winners. 

Edited by Michael W

12 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

In other news Gregory Tade is talking up a Clyde title charge in the Daily Record. 

Fair play to the guy. 😂😂😂

Does anyone know what Gregory has to drink, I’ll have some tonight. 
Got to admire his positivity right enough 😂😂