Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

6 hours ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

Agree with this.  He must be mentally very strong to get to where he is with all he has taken.  Most would have gave up ages ago and his coaccused, Robertson, didnt stay long in the game afterwards.

He could have just taken the easy option and stayed on with us but he has kicked things off again a new club which is going to bring all kinds of abuse from his new home fans, away fans as well as bring things back up for his family.

It's called having no conscience.

43 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Goodwillie doesn't play for us any more.

Take your shit to the Raith Rovers thread.

You made a rapist your club captain and the majority of your fans defended him at every turn, and are still continuing to do so, just because he scores goals. No amount of Raith Rovers minter behaviour will ever change that so suck it up.

I know it’s not popular, but it’s been a long 5 years for some of us. I’ve been to one game in that period, and that was when he was suspended. 

I’ll be back now, but as someone mentioned earlier, I’ve found other things to do in 5 years, so I certainly won’t be as regular as before.  

For me, the Goodwillie signing destroyed one of my great passions, and it’ll take time to get that back (if I ever do). 

21 hours ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

On your point about knowing all the details I didn’t know everything but;

1. Know the person that has been advising DGW over the last month or so

And I fear he has given some very poor advice.......

10 minutes ago, chas said:

And I fear he has given some very poor advice.......

I think you may be right but at the end of the day the offer was too good for him to turn down.  Basically it was the the player who decided to move as opposed to someone else telling him to move.

I did think there would be some backlash but didn’t think it would be what has turned out.  

It taken me 2 hours to go through the posts on the RR thread from today and don’t think going to go away anytime soon as not playing tonight means it just drags out until he does play.

Headline topic on the  Radio news

Headline story on STV news

Lead story in some national papers tomorrow

Directors, announcer, SLO, womans captain resigning

Fans boycotting game.  Hear crowd was really low v what would be expected for tonight’s game

Obviously the RR board and manager didn’t see this coming as if they did they would be daft to go ahead with someone who is 33 next month, not played full time for years and appears to have a series of injuries recently

Sure he was great on the park for us over the last 5 years and he was a standout at our level but we may just have had his best years

I hope Danny and the board realise and accept that we need some way of adding quality into the midfield and CF positions. Don’t know where from but I’m totally terrified that we will rely on truly the worst Centre forward I can remember in Clyde shirt. 

12 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

I hope Danny and the board realise and accept that we need some way of adding quality into the midfield and CF positions. Don’t know where from but I’m totally terrified that we will rely on truly the worst Centre forward I can remember in Clyde shirt. 

Could be worse - we could be relying on Keiron McGrath

I still think it could to be struggle to avoid playoff relegation especially if we don’t get favourable results in the next two games

Although we are on a good run we aren’t playing in a way that would make you think that

We can always hope BF stays in Alloa hot seat for the rest of season as that might be the saviour

5 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

What does that make Raith Rovers when they paid money for his services?

A disgrace just like Clyde. 

Have a read through the court documents if you’re not familiar. 

https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/search-judgments/judgment?id=d22e28a7-8980-69d2-b500-ff0000d74aa7 

Stunned you lot keep defending him. 

52 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

We should be looking further afield than Scotland to bring in replacements with the DGW transfer fee and wages freed up. We should be looking in England and even Wales and even NI for a short term loan to get us by until the summer.

I'm pretty sure it's only domestic loans that are allowed.

1 hour ago, QPSpider1867 said:

https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/search-judgments/judgment?id=d22e28a7-8980-69d2-b500-ff0000d74aa7 

This is what gets me. Five years they’ve stuck by him and made him their captain. Now they’re talking about him as one of the best players they’ve had. As you say, though, it is Clyde right enough.

Had some conversations with folk I know today that defend him and hit out with the “never found guilty” pish. Genuinely saddened that is their point of view.

Reading through that for the first time a lot of the testimonies and cross examinations rule each other out for instance see holes in the brothers pursuers and mothers stories can see why the cops chose not to proceed with court proceeding I think the smoking gun of guilt is they both fucked off in the middle of the night to leave a female they don’t know in a flat that someone else has any decent bloke would have
Woke up next day let her out and locked up
Fact one fucked off hour later then other one left at 4 …. Where did they have to be so quickly running from the crime

Did QP not loan a boy from Bolton yesterday (after deadline)? 

1 hour ago, Clyde_1977 said:

Does the armband go to Love as has been the case when he was injured or are there any other contenders worth considering?

Probably but in terms of leadership on the park I think Docherty would be a decent shout. Providing he's going to remain a regular starter.