Runners and Riders.... Next PM.

3 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

Not today, clearly. :lol:

I absolutely don't understand why it's on tv. The leadership contest will not be voted on by the public, it's result is going to change very few voters to or from the Conservative party one way or the other, and - let's be honest - Johnson is going to absolutely piss it, yet he wasn't (I understand) even at the thing.

Tbh, it seems to me Channel 4 have seen the Democrat TV debates about to happen over here and fancied filling some space with a shit version of them. A sort of reverse The Office.

I think exposing these c***s for what they are to a wider audience is a good thing, particularly if there’s a possibility of a GE in the offing.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Stewart is a total fuckin dollsheed as is all the tory fuds who were on that panel tonight.

Ask yourselves this, can you honestly identify yourself with any of them? and would you enjoy a pint with them or would you feel uneasy having a piss in the next urinal to any of them.

^^^Don't stand so, don't stand so, don't stand so close to me.

54 minutes ago, Tartan Dave said:

Quick search of Rory Stewart on twitter and an awful lot of accounts with 0 following and 0 followers getting 600 retweets on tweets. Definitely get the feeling there’s something slightly odd going on with his campaign but this is merely speculation from a man 6 beers in

Look into him.  He is deeply connected to British intelligence, his 'middleland' pish during indyref was a blatant psyop.

22 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Why should there be any political discourse on TV?

Fucking Andrew Marr and the like, taking up valuable space that could be filled by love Island or some more light entertainment cooking programmes.

The general public can't vote.  This isn't an election, there is no reason at all to have it on TV other than to serve as a PPB for the Tory party.

Quick search of Rory Stewart on twitter and an awful lot of accounts with 0 following and 0 followers getting 600 retweets on tweets. Definitely get the feeling there’s something slightly odd going on with his campaign but this is merely speculation from a man 6 beers in

IMG_8846.jpgIMG_8847.jpgIMG_8848.jpgIMG_8849.jpg

2 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
12 minutes ago, Kuro said:
The general public can't vote.  This isn't an election, there is no reason at all to have it on TV other than to serve as a PPB for the Tory party.

Can you not understand even the most basic of posts?

You're incorrect.  I understood, you are mistaken, so I pointed it out.

2 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
13 minutes ago, Kuro said:

Can you not understand even the most basic of posts?

Especially for the BBC, a public service broadcaster with a legal duty to be balanced and impartial.  There's no way they should be televising a debate, giving unequal and unopposed airtime to only one party concerning a vote 99.9% of the general public are not eligible to participate in.  Can you not understand the most basic point?

Especially for the BBC, a public service broadcaster with a legal duty to be balanced and impartial.  There's no way they should be televising a debate, giving unequal and unopposed airtime to only one party concerning a vote 99.9% of the general public are not eligible to participate in.  Can you not understand the most basic point?
The BBC has a duty to inform.

One of these candidates will be the next prime minister, and public scrutiny is therefore important.

I presume you are also therefore critical of the news coverage this is all getting, and then dominating the Sunday politics shows?

It's comfortably the biggest political story in Britain at the moment, and not to open up the debate to as wide an audience would be doing a disservice to the public.

3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I usually buy The Guardian on train journeys and I'm a touch over the average age.  That aside, it's pretty-much accurate.  Problem?

I think the average age quoted was some kind of typo.

I'm sure they meant average IQ.

9 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

The BBC has a duty to inform.

One of these candidates will be the next prime minister, and public scrutiny is therefore important.

I presume you are also therefore critical of the news coverage this is all getting, and then dominating the Sunday politics shows?

It's comfortably the biggest political story in Britain at the moment, and not to open up the debate to as wide an audience would be doing a disservice to the public.

Their duty to be impartial trumps everything.  They can inform every day.  Why does a debate the public cannot take part in have to be aired to the public?  You're full of shit and clutching at straws.  An adult would simply admit they were wrong.

Their duty to be impartial trumps everything.  They can inform every day.  Why does a debate the public cannot take part in have to be aired to the public?  You're full of shit and clutching at straws.  An adult would simply admit they were wrong.
So you don't want the debate to happen at all? Or you don't want the media to cover it?

Just to be clear, tonight's debate was on channel 4. Tuesday's debate is on the BBC.

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

So you don't want the debate to happen at all? Or you don't want the media to cover it?

Just to be clear, tonight's debate was on channel 4. Tuesday's debate is on the BBC.

I'm aware of that.  

8 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
15 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:
I usually buy The Guardian on train journeys and I'm a touch over the average age.  That aside, it's pretty-much accurate.  Problem?

Who would you choose kincy?

The obvious candidate would have been Hammond as he's probably the only sensible Tory left.

Of the remaining candidates Rory Stewart is closest to my own political views but there's not a hope in hell of him getting to the last two - it will be between Boris and Gove and may not even get to a membership vote.

This doesn't really answer your question because I respect none of them.

Archived