Runners and Riders.... Next PM.

Rory Stewart coming across really well on the Andrew Marr show. Talking an awful lot of sense.

Looking forward to seeing him having a good go at Boris on the forthcoming TV debate.

He's the only choice of Tory leader that I could support - not that I have any say in it anyway. 

Just now, ICTJohnboy said:

Rory Stewart coming across really well on the Andrew Marr show. Talking an awful lot of sense.

Looking forward to seeing him having a good go at Boris on the forthcoming TV debate.

He's the only choice of Tory leader that I could support - not that I have any say in it anyway. 

It's doubtful he'll make it through to Tuesday, that's why Boris has bottled out of tonight's C4 one.

He appears to be completely devoid of insanity and even if you disagree with him comes across as a reasonable human being. I've taken a shine to him for several months and find that quite disturbing..

11 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It's doubtful he'll make it through to Tuesday, that's why Boris has bottled out of tonight's C4 one.

Yes, there is another round of voting on Tuesday morning - I get the feeling he'll make it but I could be wrong.

The BBC are taking it as a huge feather in their cap that dear old BoJo has opted out of the C4 debate and plumped for them instead!

25 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Why do people feel the need to pick a favourite Tory? Any justice will see them all hanged for their role in perpetuating austerity and the needless deaths of hundreds of thousands of people.

It’s just picking your favourite ex-rangers player 

A pointless debate 

57 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Why do people feel the need to pick a favourite Tory? Any justice will see them all hanged for their role in perpetuating austerity and the needless deaths of hundreds of thousands of people.

Because they have a nasty habit of being really good at beating the Labour Party even when they’re crock of shit, so a lot of people make peace with that and want their least dreadful people running the show.

They’ve only feared one Labour leader in the last half century, and for good reason: he had a platform that could beat them and get stuff done.

Spoiler Alert: no, not Jeremy Corbyn.

4 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

Because they have a nasty habit of being really good at beating the Labour Party even when they’re crock of shit, so a lot of people make peace with that and want their least dreadful people running the show.

They’ve only feared one Labour leader in the last half century, and for good reason: he had a platform that could beat them and get stuff done.

Yip.  I even remember when their worst excesses were moderated by the Lib Dems.

I’m glad that worked out so well  and the country benefitted from the experience.

Not fearing Corbyn is what lost them their majority and directly led to May chucking it. I hope they go in feeling arrogant again. Trying to pick your fave Tory among this lot is just pointless given they’re utter demons who uniformly have horrific voting records even if Rory Stewart pretends to hold a phone in Clapham Commons and quotes Gramsci.

Raab saying the Tory Party “will be toast” if the U.K. doesn’t leave the EU by the end of October.

Never mind what’s best for the country, let’s concentrate on what's best for the Tory Party.

27 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Not fearing Corbyn is what lost them their majority and directly led to May chucking it. I hope they go in feeling arrogant again. Trying to pick your fave Tory among this lot is just pointless given they’re utter demons who uniformly have horrific voting records even if Rory Stewart pretends to hold a phone in Clapham Commons and quotes Gramsci.

No, running a piss poor campaign that made people feel safe to vote Labour in key Tory marginals was what lost them their majority. Corbyn still lost the election. Badly.

Honestly, declaring 2017 a triumphant victory for Corbyn is straight out the Ruth Davidson book of also-ran politics.

There is only one Labour leader who inspired fear in the Tories and made them screech and reach for the centre ground of British politics.

His name is Tony Blair.

Edited by Ad Lib